Lovehasrisen's blue print journey..

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

RobRegish wrote:Looking and feeling lean speaks well (really well) to a recomp and it's only going to accelerate once your next diet phase comes in..

Satisfy those 1RM PR's first, then proceed to EDT IF you have the energy. Is this being all done on one day?

If so that's a tall order. But again, if you have the energy do the EDT blocks AFTER the 1RM is satisfied. That goes for all 3 big lifts. Meaning get all your PR's first in the compounds.

Then proceed to EDT to finish the workout. Boy I envy you younger guys...
Okay, I will figure out my 1RM on all 3 lifts (squats, deadlifts and bench press) then finish off with two EDT super sets (20 min, 10 min)

Thank you!
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

June 18, 2010
1RM Day

A. BB Bench Press
1. 135x5
2. 185x1
3. 205x1
4. 225x1
5. 245x1
6. 265x1
7. 275x1
8. 285x1
max still the same :(

B. BB Squats
1. 135x5
2. 185x1
3. 225x1
4. 275x1
5. 295x1
6. 315x1
7. 345x1
8. 375x1 (new max)
I think I should of done more... upped the weight... but my right knee felt a bit awkward so I stopped at 375 :(

C. BB Deadlifts
1. 135x2
2. 185x1
3. 225x1
4. 275x1
5. 295x1
6. 315x1
7. 345x1
8. 375x1
[power clean grip]
9. 315x1
10. 355x1
11. 405x1 (new max)
[left hand under, right hand over grip]

This sunday i'm going to start the German program... I still don't understand how it works... can someone write an example workout plan for me? Does it go like.. BB Bench + EDTS + Upper lifting / BB Squats + EDTS + Lower lifting / rest / repeat..?
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Those are some good looking maxes love, you're doing well my man!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

2 out of 3 new 1RM's!!!.. Nice work...

The GLP is going to fix that bench in short order, trust me :) Let's look at your first bench workout assuming a 285lbs 1RM:

Workout 1: 6 sets as follows- 50%x10, 54%x8, 61%x8, 66%x8, 73%x8, 78%x8

SET 1 145 x 10 (285 * .50 = 142.5). Round up or down to the nearest lb.
SET 2 155 x 8
SET 3 175 x 8
SET 4 185 x 8
SET 5 205 x 8
SET 6 220 x 8

Take at look at page 62 of The Blueprint. It has a great overview of that program and the loading pattern itself. The key is resting between sets. At least 5 minutes. Sometimes more.

You can save the huffing and puffing for your EDT/other work :) Your workout frequency is going to have to decrease a bit for sure. Suggest the following schedule if trying to peak all 3 lifts:

Squat GLP workout
1 day off
Bench GLP workout
1 day off
DL GLP workout
1 day off
Bench GLP workout
2 days off
Squat GLP workout
2 days off

etc...

Every 3 workout cycle insert 1 extra rest day. For as you get stronger the stresses on your body/recovery ability grow. Fundamental law... especially when you're dieting. Speaking of which, 2 out of 3 new 1RM's in that state is something!!!
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

Big.jazayrli wrote:Those are some good looking maxes love, you're doing well my man!
Thank you!

Rob> "Speaking of which, 2 out of 3 new 1RM's in that state is something!!!" Yes... I ate 2700 calories yesterday... lots of protein, fat... ~100g carbs before bed.... So.... should I cut down on my EDT lifts?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Play that by ear.. If performance starts dropping, simply cut the volume of sets in half, focusing moreso on intensity/density of the block.

As total calories drop so does nitrogen retention. You have two powerful things working in your favor though:

1.) The Warrior Diet vastly improves protein efficiency
2.) Ebol

You should leverage both by dosing some protein/Ebol prior to, during and immediately after your workouts. Lots and lots of protein during this time.

I would highly suggest free form Leucine in a carb free flavoring throughout the fasting period of the day OR BCAA to offset any catabolism.

Supreme stimulator of mTOR (leucine), the BCAA's are solid as a rock too. I'm currently rotating those two along with Gamma GH (super clean, high quality GABA) to ascertain which is best. Doing this on days I practice the Warrior diet.

You've inspired me to return to it Love :)
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

Update:

So... my German program is going to look like this...

Bench/Dead lifts

Rest 2-3 days

Squats

Rest 2 days

repeat...
Might rest 4-5 days... will rest as long as my body needs recover...

I know this might be "too" much... but i'm used to programs like this... we used to lift twice in football (morning and afternoon) 5 times aday... power lifting (deadlift, powerclean, push press/jerk, bench... etc) Pretty sure my body can handle this... :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great going Love.

I'm betting the rest days will benefit you tremendously! Keep us posted on how you're feeling with the dietary switch, etc.. I'm loving the Warrior.
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

June 22, 2010

Diet: Going to drop carbs completely (will leave some for morning milk/protein and slin-sane... also lots of veggies throughout) tomorrow... and drop calories -500.. lets see what happens!

Yesterday's Workout:
Basically I follow the % pattern on blue print..

A. BB Bench Press - 3 minutes rest in between sets
1. 145x10
2. 155x8
3. 175x8
4. 185x8
5. 205x8
6. 220x8

Note: lol... these were suprisingly tough... when I first saw the weights I thought.. hmmm.. that's too light! but actually... the lifts were pretty tough..

B. BB Deadlifts - 4 minutes rest in between sets
1. 205x10
2. 225x8
3. 250x8
4. 270x8
5. 300x8
6. 315x8

Note: During the lifts... I didn't do all 8 reps in a row... I dropped the weight, then got my form down... and repeated to make sure my form was perfect during the lifts... towards the end... I was out of energy.. lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK man now watch it on the carbs/calories. This is a pretty darn demanding workout as you're finding. If you need to add them back in, do so in the form of an intra workout drink right where they'll benefit you most.

Also, consider at least 5 min rest between sets on the GLP workouts. Yeah, it's a lot. But remember, we're training the CNS here primarily in addition to the muscles. You can always hit the musculature hard during your EDT blocks/energy work afterward.

Good going love. Dieting ain't easy and it's hell on strength, so try and stay ahead of that curve. Consider periodic re-feeds the before/of these sessions. You wan't lay down much, if any fat. Not with your volume/condidtioning work!!
lovehasrisen

Post by lovehasrisen »

RobRegish wrote:OK man now watch it on the carbs/calories. This is a pretty darn demanding workout as you're finding. If you need to add them back in, do so in the form of an intra workout drink right where they'll benefit you most.

Also, consider at least 5 min rest between sets on the GLP workouts. Yeah, it's a lot. But remember, we're training the CNS here primarily in addition to the muscles. You can always hit the musculature hard during your EDT blocks/energy work afterward.

Good going love. Dieting ain't easy and it's hell on strength, so try and stay ahead of that curve. Consider periodic re-feeds the before/of these sessions. You wan't lay down much, if any fat. Not with your volume/condidtioning work!!
Yeah... the 5 minute rest between sets is too long! lol... me and my partner were getting tired/bored from waiting... haha.. will add some edt blocks in my next workout (thursday)

Thank you!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Try to discipline yourself on those 5 min rest periods (or longer). It's just for the GLP, and it'll pay dues come the work sets.

Nice going so far Love. Those SQ/DL #'s are big and are just going to get bigger!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

lovehasrisen wrote:
Yeah... the 5 minute rest between sets is too long! lol... me and my partner were getting tired/bored from waiting... haha.. will add some edt blocks in my next workout (thursday)

Thank you!
that's like MAX-OT training man, sometimes its a pain, but it really does pay off.