TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

RobRegish wrote:That is odd....

Take care to up those calories as they'll delay traction if too low. Want to get you off to a good start :)
for sure man, I'm gonna try to squeeze in another meal and have bigger portions. I'm a hard gainer.... to get to 213 I dirty bulked and gained lots of fat too, hoping to put on cleaner weight this time, I have to eat like a 250 pounder to gain though, gets hard to sqeeze in, and afford all that food.LOL
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Try the liver tab, nuts, and water tip. It seemed to help me jump up quickly. And if I'm not mistaken MASS has a liver tab coming out. Blog under BP Diet/ Gaining weight Fast in the Feast phase.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Turbo i am the opposite, i gain by looking at food..i would rather have your affliction
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Isn't it funny how we're all different like that?

This is part of the reason I built BP to be so flexible. I'll tell you something, I learned a HARD lesson as a client of Mentzer's...

I found Mike brilliant but VERY dogmatic and inflexible. While Heavy Duty training and even his diet principles work for most, there is some variability in the overall population.

I try to be up front about this as I can in BP, stating that I lay out several time honored and proven approaches but not I nor anyone can tell you what works best for you.

Credit Vince Gironda for this (paraphrasing): "Ideas/your brain are more powerful than any steroid ever was". And I couldn't agree more.

As this place grows and your experience with BP matures, please share your experience both positive and negative. We already have several out of the box thinkers here like Draco, Brain etc. and their contributions are invaluable in buidling a bigger and stronger BP.

God I love coming here. None of the nonsense to weed through at "nolinksplease.com"...
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

One of my early and favorite quotes from Vince talks about never underestimating the power of your mind for it can work miracles. He goes on to talk about witnessing changes in bone structure.

It provided a ton of inspiration and motivation to a hardgainer like me.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Workout #3 of feast:

Workout was great, the gym was kinda busy though, made it take forever to get my workout in, and I got kinda rushed on my squat/stiff legged DL, there are only 3 bars @ my gym, and I was using 2 of them with people waiting for squat rack and the incline I robbed the other bar from. So when I got warmed up to do my set, I under estimated on weight, and didnt hit my legs as good as I wanted :x But on the up side I felt GREAT!!! Strength slowly coming back, but motivation and moral are extremly high! I still felt like doing more after my workout, so I added some bent over rows, super setted with one arm rows. Felt like doing more but it was getting late, and I'd already been at the gym almost 2 hrs, because it was hard to get the equipment I needed since my gym is very small, with limited options :cry: Nonetheless I'm pumped, I feel like a tsunami of muscle is fixn to hit, and it's gonna be HUGE!!! Dont think I've ever felt this much confidence of whats to comeas far as gains. The mood elevation I feel after my workouts is crazy!! I feel like I'm primed to grow.

Workout was awesome
weight and strength are both going up
Extremly motivated
elevated mood after workout
feel an explosion of strength and muscle coming on
starting to sleep deeper
current weight 197
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Man i felt the same way today Turbo, on workout 1 of Feast,

I want to go to the gym and lift hard right now, and tommorow.hell YES

:)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Helz yeah Hank, put an extra 10 pounds on that set for me bro :wink:
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Last time I had that problem I went and grabbed the 110 dumbells and brought them to the squat rack then used those for dl. Not ideal but it worked in a pinch. Keep the motivation, mood, and excitement at that level, awesome, just awesome!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I feel like i get a better stretch using the dumbbells for SLDL, sure as heck feel them the next day
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I've tried that before and I agree. My issue is overload... can't go heavy enough when working in a lower rep range. Now here's what I do have coming: 1 ton lifting hooks

A nice audio overview here from Pete Sisco:

https://www.1tonhooks.com/1TonHooks.htm

I'll keep you posted as to if these babies live up to the hype. Keep it going Turbo!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Those look cool, the price.... :? I used to be of the belief if I couldn't grip it I shouldn't be lifting it.. Well time and strength has shot that out and I use my lifting straps every back day. These look sweet, quick, and convenient but if $ is a factor have mass throw a pair of straps into your next protein order for 7 bucks. Uh ya do agree on the overload, kinda hard to get a good strain with the dumbells but do what ya gotta do.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

dracotdrgn wrote:Those look cool, the price.... :? I used to be of the belief if I couldn't grip it I shouldn't be lifting it.. Well time and strength has shot that out and I use my lifting straps every back day. These look sweet, quick, and convenient but if $ is a factor have mass throw a pair of straps into your next protein order for 7 bucks. Uh ya do agree on the overload, kinda hard to get a good strain with the dumbells but do what ya gotta do.
I love my straps use them for any back work

I use these https://www.schiek.com/straps.html and have used these hooks too

I like the hooks but i feel a little nervous when using them
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Never used those hooks... they solid?