Matter2003 BP Journal #2...Gonna Explode

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent.

Could you briefly summarize your impression of these CNS workouts, and how much benefit you think they bring to the table.

Not looking to give away Pete's routine, just curious as to whether or not its something I need to add to 3.0 quiver...

THANK YOU!!!
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Oh gosh you guys are funny!! (3x10 FREE routine!!!)

Awesome results Matter, youre kicking ass as per usual I see :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

beefcake66 wrote:Oh gosh you guys are funny!! (3x10 FREE routine!!!)

Awesome results Matter, youre kicking ass as per usual I see :)
Some go so far as to pyramid their weights to REALLY shake things up, Beefer. These folk are on the cutting edge though, at least insofar as free information based routines go... :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:Excellent.

Could you briefly summarize your impression of these CNS workouts, and how much benefit you think they bring to the table.

Not looking to give away Pete's routine, just curious as to whether or not its something I need to add to 3.0 quiver...

THANK YOU!!!
Sure Rob.

Well, my impression of these CNS workouts is that it pushes your body to the brink, which is why Pete recommends such a long time to recover. It is the most exhausting workout both physically and mentally I have ever done. Physically you simply feel completely wrecked by the end of the workout. Then the real fun starts when you start feeling extremely warm a few hours afterwards and have flu-like symptoms like chills, runny nose and a general blah feeling...they are the same symptoms I get after being sunburned really bad(sun poisoning?)

They also give a feeling of incredible denseness to my muscles, even more so than the static holds, which are great in their own rights. I am usually very sore for 3 to 4 days after a workout, in spite of my best recovery efforts.

I am not really sure how it compares to my first run as far as muscular gains go as I didn't have my scale to compare at the time. I would probably say they are about equal, all things considered. That being said, even that is not truly 100% comparable, as I am taking EBOL/tbol trib/cbol creatine and Testofen this run versus KA and AN in the first run...

Personally, I enjoy the CNS workouts despite how brutal they are, and they seem to be helping to pile on the muscle, much in the same way my first 3.0 run did...on a side note, I feel somewhat like I am cheating by only lifting once a week...then again, the look on some of these guys faces at the gym when I am tossing around these weights is pretty funny....

I would caution that this type of workout is probably not for everyone, and it doesn't have anything to do with not being "tough enough" or anything like that...I just think with this type of workout it would be very easy for some people to overdo it and that would likely result in putting their body in a very bad position...if anyone does feel like attempting this I would say to err on the side of caution the first workout until you see how your body responds...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Got up early this morning to do some cardio before heading to work and enduring a 22.5 hour fast...

Planning to get up early again tomorrow and do some cardio before work, and Sunday I am planning on making my sand bag and doing some work with it Sunday and Monday...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
RobRegish wrote:Excellent.

THANK YOU!!!
Sure Rob.

Well, my impression of these CNS workouts is that it pushes your body to the brink, which is why Pete recommends such a long time to recover. It is the most exhausting workout both physically and mentally I have ever done. Physically you simply feel completely wrecked by the end of the workout. Then the real fun starts when you start feeling extremely warm a few hours afterwards and have flu-like symptoms like chills, runny nose and a general blah feeling...they are the same symptoms I get after being sunburned really bad(sun poisoning?)

They also give a feeling of incredible denseness to my muscles, even more so than the static holds, which are great in their own rights. I am usually very sore for 3 to 4 days after a workout, in spite of my best recovery efforts.

I am not really sure how it compares to my first run as far as muscular gains go as I didn't have my scale to compare at the time. I would probably say they are about equal, all things considered. That being said, even that is not truly 100% comparable, as I am taking ebol ecdy/tbol trib trib/cbol creatine creatine and Testofen this run versus KA and AN in the first run...

Personally, I enjoy the CNS workouts despite how brutal they are, and they seem to be helping to pile on the muscle, much in the same way my first 3.0 run did...on a side note, I feel somewhat like I am cheating by only lifting once a week...then again, the look on some of these guys faces at the gym when I am tossing around these weights is pretty funny....

I would caution that this type of workout is probably not for everyone, and it doesn't have anything to do with not being "tough enough" or anything like that...I just think with this type of workout it would be very easy for some people to overdo it and that would likely result in putting their body in a very bad position...if anyone does feel like attempting this I would say to err on the side of caution the first workout until you see how your body responds...
Well put, especially that last part about being cautious..

Acute Rhabdo is nothing to sneeze at, folks. I'm still feeling its effects 7 months later...

The flu like symptoms are surprising. First time I'd heard of that. Then again, haven't seen a lot of feedback on this CNS workout. It's likely that for many that undertake it, they don't do it justice. That's not a slam of any sort, it's just a fact that MOST people won't push the throttle that far. For many, this is the RIGHT answer. You can just as easily halt all gains with that approach, vs. accelerate them if your recovery day spread isn't spot on...

Just my $.02. FANTASTIC to hear about the gains on top of gains though!!!
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Did my first sandbag workout this morning and I have total respect for those people in the military that have to do this a lot...man that was crazy...

Sand constantly is shifting so you never feel like you really have a good grip on the bag...the 55lb bag feels way heavier, not sure why other than maybe because its a much bigger area than the dumbbell...

The old DL/Bicep Curl/Clean into Overhead Press/Bicep Curl/Squat/Jump from bottom of squat as high as you can and drop the bag and repeat exercise is an especially fun one to try...5 of those and I was begging for mercy...

Going to alternate cardio and sandbag workouts on my off lifting days
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:Did my first sandbag workout this morning and I have total respect for those people in the military that have to do this a lot...man that was crazy...

Sand constantly is shifting so you never feel like you really have a good grip on the bag...the 55lb bag feels way heavier, not sure why other than maybe because its a much bigger area than the dumbbell...

The old DL/Bicep Curl/Clean into Overhead Press/Bicep Curl/Squat/Jump from bottom of squat as high as you can and drop the bag and repeat exercise is an especially fun one to try...5 of those and I was begging for mercy...

Going to alternate cardio and sandbag workouts on my off lifting days
Sounds great for learning how to throw people around, too...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Gonna be working out later today, although I have a slight cold...nothing too major, definitely not enough to stop me from hitting that metal...

Looking forward to going back to a stock BP 3.0 workout for this week...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:Gonna be working out later today, although I have a slight cold...nothing too major, definitely not enough to stop me from hitting that metal...

Looking forward to going back to a stock BP 3.0 workout for this week...
Hmmm...

See this for what it very well may be... a sign your body is slipping into over-training. It MAY be the CNS workouts took their toll. Personally speaking, I would have taken a good 10 days off after completing that run.

Maybe more, after I saw what the listed workout was... Geez :)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Feast Workout #4

First off, I want to say that after completing the workout I am feeling like horseshit...As usual, should have listened to Rob and skipped the workout...oh well, chalk that one up to experience I guess...

On a side note, I do want to say that for me, and in my opinion, KA is a better product(at least for me). Don't get me wrong, EBOL/cbol creatine is/are good products, but I just don't have the "Superhuman" feeling that KA gave me. The feeling that after I finished my last set and continuously upped the weights, that I could have upped them again and kept going...I am not exactly sure what the difference is or where it might come from, but there is definitely a difference and I have noticed it throughout my workouts while taking the BOL stack...

Now with that out of the way, back to my log---running a stock 3.0 workout this week as I am only allowed to run 3 weeks in the first month of the CNS workout...

Static Bench Press: 485 lbs x 10 seconds/575 lbs x 3 seconds
-maxed out the Smith Press with 6 plates on each side...now gotta go for increased time

Dips/1 Arm Rows DB: BW+60 x 6/80 lbs x 6, BW+60 lbs x 5/80 lbs x6, BW +60 lbs x 4/90 lbs x 6, BW+60 lbs x 5/90 lbs x 6(R)/5(L)
-this is where I really noticed the KA and Ebol difference...I could do dips till the cows came home on KA, not so on Ebol...

Static Shoulder Press: skipped this as someone was on the Smith Press for a long time and could not set the bars high enough on the Power Rack...

Preacher Curls/Seated Tri Pressdowns: 170/155 lbs x 4/2/270 lbs x 6, 155 lbs x 4/285 lbs x 4
-switched exercises after this as I started getting spasms in my traps for some reason on both exercises...

Standing Barbell Curls/Standing Tri Pressdowns: 80 lbs x 6/85 lbs x 6, 90 lbs x 3/95 lbs x 6(maxed out stack)

Overall, a decent workout considering I was probably half-way fried...
Extremely strong performance on bench static, Tri Pressdowns and 1 arm DB rows..not so good on dips and when I started getting spasms...

Will see how things are by Sunday, perhaps I will just rest...
bigpelo

Post by bigpelo »

I know what you mean with KA keeping you away from over training. I realized how good it was when I stopped taking it...

I have 4 new bottles at home + 1 opened 1/3 left. I can't hardly wait to get back on it!

Also, I just got back on MASSPRO whey after 2 months of toying with Progenex. I am so happy to taste and feel MassPro again!

I think I am a MASS addict now :oops:
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Missed my first day of work in a long time...throat was sore, nose was stuffy and runny at the same time, and I felt like a big fat pile of crap...add some serious DOMS to this, and it wasn't a real fun day...slept til about noon, then got up and started eating...good thing is my appetite is still there, so eating enough calories isn't really an issue. I am planning to rest until Sunday and then see how I feel in regards to lifting. If not, I may just do a quick sandbag workout instead.

In addition to this, now the baby is sick, so this completes the normal cycle of what happens pretty much every time. 4 year old gets sick, followed by wife, followed by me, followed by baby.

Rob, I think you need to make a section in the BP manual that says "listen to what I say" over and over again...this is the second time I paid the price for not heeding your advice :oops:

Made a few large shakes out of milk, protein, yogurt, olive oil and oatmeal to pump in some needed calories. Had some soup and rice/bean dish with some salmon as well for dinner.

Not looking forward to going in to work tomorrow...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Don't feel bad, man!

My split personalities often fail to take my advice... :)