Justin's 2nd BP RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Justin wrote:Hey guys I had my second workout today and It went well it was chest/back and i got crazy pumps! my Bench I hit 205 7 times (7th with a spotter) so i was happy about that and for my EDT block one for chest I was able to increase weight every set!
good man - progress is the key!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Nice work Justin!

So nice to see this..
Justin

Post by Justin »

thanks guys! Just a question Rob is there an optimal time during the day to have certain meals to maximize muscle growth? i know about pre/post nutrition but what about fats and carbs throughout the day? :?:
Justin

Post by Justin »

okay so today I will be performing some yoga and ab work! I also weighed myself again and I'm up 9 pounds almost back to normal :p hopefully I'll hit my 179 in the next few days :)

I can't wait for my next workout to bench 215 for hopefully 4-6 reps and my goal my goal at the end of the blueprint to push a good 5-8 reps for 3 sets... Do you guys think its possible?! and also my if my chest is sore from my last workout do you advice that I should take an extra day to rest?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, it's possible and yes - take an extra rest day.

With respect to diet/timing, more and more I'm inclined to eat a leucine rich meal at least every 4 hours. More info on that forthcoming. But yes, pre/during/post workout is MOST important!

Always will be..
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks a lot I'm currently taking extra leucine after my workouts but I'm thinking of taking some before bed with a casein protein shake to help protein synthesis during sleep? is this a good idea?!?
Justin

Post by Justin »

Justin wrote:Thanks a lot I'm currently taking extra leucine after my workouts but I'm thinking of taking some before bed with a casein protein shake to help protein synthesis during sleep? is this a good idea?!?
So i weighed in again today and ***drumrole**** I'm back to normal and I look the same bodyfat% pretty crazyyyy lose 12 pounds in 4 days then gain 12 pounds in 4 days! and people say it's impossible to lose weight hehheheehehe :P anyway i might be crazy but my chest looks thicker already even my girlfriend noticed LOL its quite possibly plecebo but I like the thought anyway!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT feedback and let me tell you... when people that close to you notice yes, things are happening!

On the leucine dosing, it's the leucine pulse timing that's really critical. At least one leucine rich "pulse" meal every 4 hours during the day. I will expand much further on this later but for now, observe those guidelines.

Hope that helps..
Justin

Post by Justin »

RobRegish wrote:GREAT feedback and let me tell you... when people that close to you notice yes, things are happening!

On the leucine dosing, it's the leucine pulse timing that's really critical. At least one leucine rich "pulse" meal every 4 hours during the day. I will expand much further on this later but for now, observe those guidelines.

Hope that helps..
Hey This might be a dum question but what are some rich leucine meals that are convenient to snack on or bring to school

Hey also today I think i sprained my rear delt or pulled it its hurting do you have any tips to help make it better by tomorrow!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Any serving on animal protein such as chicken, turkey or steak. In a pinch, you could always sprinkle some leucine powder on top of your potato's etc.

Or the capsules. Different ways to work it in. The key seems to be in managing carbs to a 40% level in the diet, avoiding monosaccharides and making up the 20% difference usually seen with leucine rich protein meals.

You'll be hearing more about this.. alot more about it.
Justin

Post by Justin »

sounds great :) your the man!
Justin

Post by Justin »

So i had a pretty good workout today I hit bench at 215 for 4 reps (last one I needed spot) and in dead lift i was supposed to hit between 4-6 reps but i ended up hitting 7 with 245 which is my new PR :) YAYYY oh and it was shoulder day so they also got a pretty awsome pump

p.s: my bench Wasn't best today because my shoulder was bugging me a little! next workout I want to go for a new PR =) Saturday here I come!! I'MM PUMPPPEDDD

Edit: Hey Rob I was reading the diet section! and you have a lot of great information! for example what are somme of the best foods to eat you mention spinach,olive oil? are their any others you highly recommend?!? If so I would love to incorporate them into my diet
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

First, congrats on the new PR. Second, invest in some Cissus - ideally a 5-10% extract but no higher. It seems the lower % extracts work better for anti-inflammatory/wound healing purposes.

Also, please tell the world on nolinksplease.com of your BP gains :) I need all the help I can get over there convincing people "Pink Magic" isn't the real answer to all of their problems :(

Second, glad you enjoyed the diet section of the book. If I could make one recommendation to you it would be this:

QUIONA

See this post for why: Quiona - Your new best friend & has 5 Ecdys to boot!!

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... ght=quiona
Justin

Post by Justin »

HAHA I will do soon Rob once I'm done the BB I'll post review with before and after picks on BB forums try n help convince people! :) also about QUIONA how do you cook it?? or help add some taste never had it before however it doesn't look so appetizing LOL