Reread Blueprint Many Times, Still Have Some Questions

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, if you do that keep us posted!

Quite an interesting idea indeed. Do consult the chart via the link on page 68 of your BP for GLP2. Pay particular attention to the "red zone" workouts therein.

Just make sure your frequency pattern keeps you out of the red zone for more than 21 days. You do that and you'll be golden :)

BTW everyone, Big.Jaz is now in the record books. He set 3 state teenage records recently in powerlifting using The Blueprint. I present to you then, his name in lights :)

https://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8386/41255152.png

Looking forward to helping you eclipse even these Big.Jaz....
jm1080

Post by jm1080 »

Wow I think I may have gotten more confused. Sorry have been busy and now catching back up to this thread.

Now I'm looking at blueprint p32 and it states the EDT blocks by Charles Staley. It states:

Mon: Lats and Triceps
PRZone1
A: Chin Ups
B: Lying Tricep Extensions

Then PRZone2
C: Seated Rows
D: Reverse Grip Tricep Pushdowns

Now this is all for Monday, but this is not upper and lower body, this is just upper body. Also it doesn't state reps or nothing. Can someone just simplify it how I simplified workouts 1-5? Sorry, but I keep getting more confused reading other links, etc. Then I'm not sure where Mike Mentzers Workout comes into play either?

Now I know the German Loading Phase comes in after workouts 1-5, that I do know :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK that's Staley's variation. Let's take this one workout at a time. Here's workout #1 for the bridge into Feast:

- Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. NOTE
this is ONE set (after warmups) to absolute muscular failure.
- Immediately perform a set of heavy dumbell pullovers* (8-10 reps).
Same deal here

* Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.
* Should be performed on a SLIGHT incline bench. If using an adjustable bench, incline it one notch.

EDT BLOCK #1 - sets performed back to back

Incline DB presses
Tbar rows

EDT BLOCK #2

Incline DB curls
Skullcrushers with an EZ curl bar

An EDT PR "zone" of "block" works as follows. Let's look at barbell curls and Lying tricep extensions, as an example:

Barbell curls
Lying tricep extensions on a flat bench with barbell

You select a weight that's your 10 rep max. Let's say that's 100lbs on the barbell curl and on tricep extensions it's also 100lbs

START OF SET #1: 12 noon. The total time it takes to do a superset of each is exactty one minute.

On set #1, you get 6 reps with the barbell curl (note.. NOT going to failure) and immediately go into the lying tricep extensions, again achieving 6 reps.

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 2, same drill and again you achieve 6 reps on each

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 3, same drill but now you get just 5 reps

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 4, you again achieve 5 reps apiece

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On set 5, you achieve just 3 reps on each exercise

Rest exactly 2 minutes

On your final set, you rep out both exercises and get 3 reps apiece..

Total workout time: 16 minutes. You tally up the total amount of reps for each and there's your baseline: You achieved 56 reps in a total of 16 minutes.

Your challenge the next time out is to get more reps with the same weight. Once you are able to do 20% more (68 reps) within the same time period, you up the weight 5% to 105lbs on each exercise.

Does that help?
jm1080

Post by jm1080 »

I pmed you rob! Thought it might be easier this way :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Got it, answered it :)
brawns&brains

Post by brawns&brains »

RyannayR wrote:Yes, that would be the entire workout #1 of feast.

No, they are all separate workouts. You do workout #1 after your 3 days of eating directly following your famine. I needed at least two days rest after each workout.

Famine 5 days
Feast for 3 days(no lifting)
Continue feast for about 5 weeks

Might look something like this....

Mon-Friday(famine)
Sat, Sun, Mon (feast, no lifting)
Tues (feast workout #1)
Wed(rest)
Thurs(rest)
Friday(feast workout #2)
continue that up to you your 5th workout where you max your bench and squat.

After that period rest two days then start German Loading Program with your new 1 rep max in hand.

Hope this clears it up. If you need more help look through some logs, consult this stickie https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=730, or post another question here.
So would you not lift during the famine stage? and if dumbell pullovers are to harsh for my tendonitis in the elbow can I substitute it with dips?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, you definately need to perform the prescribed workouts as they facilitate the alarm signal to the brain/body. You may certainly substitute dips for the pullovers if they aggravate an injury..