Jason's 1st: SICK RUN

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
jasewon

Post by jasewon »

Okay so do I do workout 1 is the bench press one, then workout 2 is squat. Then workout 3 is bench press again, workout 4 is squat, so on and so forth?

The spreadsheet has 6 workouts for both bench and squat, so thats a total of 12 workouts?
How do I alternate these?

edit: surely it doesnt mean I do both 6 sets of squat and 6 sets of bench AND both EDT blocks?
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

Assuming I'm doing it correctly, you'll have 6 workouts each for benchpress and squat. So something like:

Mon - GLP Bench #1
Tues - Off
Wed - Off
Thurs - GLP Squat #1
Fri - Off
Sat - Off
Sun - GLP Bench #2
Mon - Off
Tues - Off
Wed - GLP Squat #2
ect up to workout #6 of each.

If that makes sense. That above isn't set in stone, I just tried going off of your 2 day rest (I think that's what you said).
jasewon

Post by jasewon »

Thank you sir, I figured thats how it was supposed to be.

Just confusing when the PDF only lists workout 1 as bench, workout 2 as squat, and then nothing past that (just the 6 GLP %'s, reps, and sets). But it is kind of obvious that it goes 1:bench, 2:squat, then repeat.

The PDF should mention there is 6 workouts for bench and 6 for squat, Alternating each time. Simple.

Edit: Rob,.... do you think its OK to add in 3 sets of heavy BB shrugs on my bench days? Or would that be better on squat days? My traps lag most of all, i've tried everything to make them grow (like I used to do 5-6 sets of 6-8 rep heavy BB shrugs, then the next week do 5-6 sets of 15 rep DB shrugs, etc). I feel that those horizontal cable pulls work my traps a little bit, so I figured bench day would work best....
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

When you shrug, try holding the shrug for 3 seconds per rep. You may see better gains with that.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Edit: Rob,.... do you think its OK to add in 3 sets of heavy BB shrugs on my bench days? Or would that be better on squat days? My traps lag most of all, i've tried everything to make them grow (like I used to do 5-6 sets of 6-8 rep heavy BB shrugs, then the next week do 5-6 sets of 15 rep DB shrugs, etc). I feel that those horizontal cable pulls work my traps a little bit, so I figured bench day would work best....

A. You can do so here, yes as an experiment. What we don't want is something that taxes the lower back in any way, jeopordizing your sq sessions.

Hope that helps!