KH971 First BP run!!!

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

You start feast tomorrow, right?

Enjoy it man, this is where the real fun starts.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good job on getting objective measurements done. Very good job.

Now the fun starts :)
kh971

Post by kh971 »

Yeah, glad i got the measurements done. The trainer is a friend of mine, and has been trained by one of our gym owners, who is a professor at the University. He is a Professor of Exercise Science. He is very helpful.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Do me a favor, take that guy out for breakfast/lunch some day and pick his brain.

It is rare to find such an individual (professor of Exercise Science). To have someone like this to bounce ideas off of, get their opinions on various thing can only benefit you. You want to look for things that challenge your current understanding. Things that stop you cold and don't sound "right" to you.

Some of the biggest breakthroughs I've ever made in this game were a direct result of said experiences. That goes for anything he says that contradicts my findings as well.

I am not perfect, nor do I profess to be an expert in all matters. I enjoy learning and he may well have insight I do not. If so, will readily entertain it and possibly include it in BP 3.0 to share with you guys in the spirit of making The Blueprint even better.

We are all here to learn. That goes for me too :)
kh971

Post by kh971 »

Yeah he does know alot, ...but he believes that a glass of choclate milk can be a substitute for a protein shake.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

He is likely referencing this study:

https://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/n ... orts-drink

"In the study, nine male cyclists rode until their muscles were depleted of energy, then rested four hours and biked again until exhaustion. During the rest period, the cyclists drank low-fat chocolate milk, Gatorade, or Endurox R4. During a second round of exercise, the cyclists who drank the chocolate milk were able to bike about 50% longer than those who drank Endurox, and about as long as those who drank the Gatorade.

The findings suggest that chocolate milk has an optimal ratio of carbohydrates to protein to help refuel tired muscles, researcher Joel M. Stager, PhD, Indiana University kinesiology professor, tells WebMD.

But the most puzzling result of the study, experts say, was why Endurox -- which has the same carb-to-protein ratio as the chocolate milk -- fared so poorly. Researcher Jeanne D. Johnston, MA, tells WebMD it may have to do with the different composition of the sugars in the milk. Another theory is that the sugars in the milk may be better absorbed in the gut than those in the Endurox".

A closer look at the Endurox formula reveals the following (among other ingredients):

Total Carbohydrates 52 g 17%
Dietary Fiber <1 g 4%
Sugars 44 g
Protein 13 g 25%

It is mentioned that the macro's are the same as in the chocolate milk group. It may well be as the author's speculate: The sugars contained in Endurox R4 vs. the natural sugar found in the milk are making the difference. Then again, the study was funded by the Dairy Council...

I have every confidence in stating that a properly constructed peri-workout drink consisting of special carbohydrates, fast proteins, amino di-tri peptides etc. is a superior alternative.

As always though, I invite you to draw your own conclusions. Experiment, tinker and toy to see what works best for YOU!

That is the end game, the game I'll always support for it is the truth we are concerned with here (and your personal results).

That is the only way...
kh971

Post by kh971 »

During the feast Phase, do you recommend protein shakes to jack up the protein levels during the first 72 hours? or just stick with regular food and readjusting the body to protein slowly the first 2 hours and slowly ramping it up to the end of the 72 hour period.
I am taking one Ebol and tbol trib 30 min before each meal, so that will be 3 today. I have a stomach that does not like Test boosters and I am slowly ramping it up and taking 2 fish oil caps with the tbol trib and Ebol.
kh971

Post by kh971 »

Well today was a great day!!!! Protein and extra calories!!!!
7:30 1 Ebol, 1 tbol trib, 1 Fish Oil Capsule and 2 Tbsp of Natural PB
8:00 30 min later Oatmeal

10:00 1 Scoop Myofusion Protein

12:00 1 Ebol, 1 tbol trib
12:20 1 Alkaplex
12:30 Half Rack of Ribs!!!!! Sweet Potatoe Casserole, Green beans
3:00 Chik Fila Sanwich and Waffle Fries
4:00 Ate 4 of my little girls Chicken Nuggets
7:30 1 Ebol,1Tbol, 1 Fish Capsule
8:00 1 1/2 Bacon Wrapped Turkey Mignons, Sweet Potatoe Fries
11:00 1 Scoop of Myofusion
No upset Stomach!!!!! I will try 2 Ebol and 2 tbol trib tomorrow.
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Looking good. It was nice to be able to eat meat again today. I know those ribs were tastey.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Good to see you packing in the sweet potato's on top of all that protein.

Smart move.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Protein shakes during Feast are highly recommended. It's a LOT of eating and getting all of the required protein in.. whole food starts to wear on you and take a long time to digest. While you should get MOST of your protein from whole foods, protein powders excel here.

On page 13 of The Blueprint I detail why:

"The more protein consumed during these first 72 hours the faster the
ATP-dependent proteolytic pathway will be peaked".

So, method behind the protein madness revealed :)
kh971

Post by kh971 »

I took all 6 caps of Ebol and 6 caps of tbol trib today, had no stomach issues.
I just finshed up helping my wife train chest and triceps upstairs.
I have eaten very well today and drank 3 protein shakes. I can't believe I am not going to the gym tommorrow, man I want to go lift!!!!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

hell yeah man!! Fells good to hit them weights after the famine is behind ya, and you have 3 days of good eatin in ya!!
kh971

Post by kh971 »

I want to hit the weights tommorrow, but that would only be 60 hours of eating and resting, if I lifted at 6 p.m.