TMG + CLA highly anabolic synergystic effect?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

There is some truth there as far as ultra high dosages Matter, no doubt, but therein is the problem from a practical cost-to-benefit standpoint.

I recall some participants in a trial we did with UGA jocks way back in the 90's (over 6 weeks) having to eventually down upwards of 3-4x the label specified daily amounts to discern any measurable benefit.

Generally, the ones who got results with less (which still averaged double dosing, at least) were those who did not pay any mind to quality healthy oils in their diet before the testing.

We did the trials with the Patented CLA, first rate and not a knock-off, and had the opportunity to be a licensed distributor but declined.

A few of us came back and tried it again, years later, with an assortment of additional things stacked with it and the consensus was the same.

I have always heard the same thing from hundreds of clients, in tune and intelligent folks like Rob, and various team coaches, docs, and serious athletes of all walks.

I'm not saying CLA is completely worthless or a total sham, not at all, just that it does not fit in with our focus on providing items that go beyond what functional foods can do, and at a reasonable cost-to-benefit ratio.

Best.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

My CLA and TMG arrived today! I will start using it tomorrow morning. My main goal is currently to lose fat so as far as anabolism goes it'll be a challenge.

It's not Tonalin CLA as far as I know though. I can check when I get home.

I'm pretty excited :)

Got Guarana too for that fat-destroyer combo... I'll be using that in the morning with the CLA and the TMG(Betaine) with two later doses... If anyone wants to comment or share thoughts/opinions on potential dosing protocols feel free to share.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

It's "Myoleptin CLA"
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

beefcake66 wrote:It's "Myoleptin CLA"
I use that as well...puritans pride is a pretty respected company along with Swanson, so I would imagine it would be good...
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

matter2003 wrote:
beefcake66 wrote:It's "Myoleptin CLA"
I use that as well...puritans pride is a pretty respected company along with Swanson, so I would imagine it would be good...
That's where I got it from, thanks for the tip on the CLA and the deals going on, saved me a bunch of money!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Did anyone end up doing this and get some sort of result?
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Did anyone end up doing this and get some sort of result?
Well I used tnem in combination twice per day throughout most of my run and I endef up gaining a full inch on my arms and 1.5" on my chest but it would be completely irresponsible of me to say this was the reason...

For me to really know I would likely have to do a run without it with no supps and then a run using only this...personal opinion is it may have helped slightly but nothing major...but again I have nothing to compare it to...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Nice job man.An inch on arms is sick.Ill be giving it a go because I already bought it but I regret buying it.I rarely impulse buy something and wish I didnt now looking at how much money I have.99/100 I only buy quality supps that definitely work, the exception being my fish oil which I just megadose and of course this.2 animal studies is not that promising TBH.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Nice job man.An inch on arms is sick.Ill be giving it a go because I already bought it but I regret buying it.I rarely impulse buy something and wish I didnt now looking at how much money I have.99/100 I only buy quality supps that definitely work, the exception being my fish oil which I just megadose and of course this.2 animal studies is not that promising TBH.
Ya, I could kind of tell my arms have gained some size, but never really thought too much of it until I kept getting comments from people about how big my arms were(I don't really think they are that big, btw)...then my buddy taped them up and I had gained a full inch on the nose...I was like "Holy F**k!!" Went from 15.5 inches to 16.5 inches, with 90% of it being triceps...if I could ever get my biceps to really grow, look out!!

Well, fish oil definitely works. Numerous studies have shown it helps gain muscle and drop body fat, as well as provide excellent cardiovascular benefits. I dose the living crap out of it, 3 caps @ 1200mg in the morning and another 3 caps @ 1200 mg at night...you can get some great deals at Puritans Pride with their buy 2 get 3 free sales they run every so often.

Just chalk it up to experimentation. Personally, I love to experiment with supps and test out study results on myself. Right now I am mega-dosing Quercetin with BurnItUp based on a study showing that Quercetin+Caffeine cause a huge increase in fat cells releasing their contents...I am pretty happy with the results so far, although again, I have little to compare it with...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Yes fish oil definitely works.What I meant was I dont see the point in high quality fish oil with high epa/dha when you can just megadose the crap one.All the other supps I use are top stuff.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

My biggest concern with crap fish oil is mercury, and most of them toss in synthetic D and other chemical junk... horrible flavorings to mask the shitty taste, etc.

The Nordic Naturals that we carry, Ultimate Omega, is about the only one I will touch and boy does it work well. Best all-around fish oil in the world.

Less is more, consumption wise, if you ask me with a product like that. A bottle lasts me months, and that's with others snagging tablespoons here and there from my bottle when needed.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

askmass wrote:My biggest concern with crap fish oil is mercury, and most of them toss in synthetic D and other chemical junk... horrible flavorings to mask the shitty taste, etc.

The Nordic Naturals that we carry, Ultimate Omega, is about the only one I will touch and boy does it work well. Best all-around fish oil in the world.

Less is more, consumption wise, if you ask me with a product like that. A bottle lasts me months, and that's with others snagging tablespoons here and there from my bottle when needed.
I used that for awhile but it got way too expensive when I started doing 3 servings(15ml) a day.Now I just megadose 10 caps a day of 180/120 fish oil.I do see the benefit of a higher DHA to EPA ratio though.Taking too high EPA can have anti inflammatory effects and reduce muscle growth.
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

re
...Now I just megadose 10 caps a day of 180/120 fish oil.I do see the benefit of a higher DHA to EPA ratio though...
daCookie, FWIW, adding a relatively small amount of black currant oil (in afternoon) before doing your 'megadose' of fish oil (in PM) will do a lot to offset going the less expensive way with fish oil. Many benefits. For one, it has stearidonic acid, a precursor to DHA conversion . Jarrow Formulas a very ‘clean’ source. Swanson’s may have it.
hth and all the best.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Cheers Squirt your the man.Would black currant juice provide the same benefit?