Muoio117's 1st run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Muoio117 wrote:Time for my end of the day report.

I feel restless and I keep squirming. It's like I have more energy but I've only eaten 460 calories so far today. I'm gonna eat some more in a bit. I guess my body is trying to figure out what's happening, lol.

That's how I felt but without the energy. Keep up the good work.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

So I ended the day yesterday at a whopping 1120 calories including the fish oil and lecithin. For some reason I wasn't overwhelmingly hungry so I thought I'd keep the cals a little lower until I really needed to eat, lol.

Today, I just went for a little jog for about 20-25 minutes. I felt guilty about not doing one of the supersets yesterday so I wanted to make up for it. The weather was foggy which is the best running weather, so I ran :)

I haven't eaten anything yet. I'll probably gobble down a banana shortly.

Oh, and pmartinez78, are you taking lecithin? I think that may be what is helping me in the energy department.

Thanks for the support everybody!
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Muoio117 wrote:
Oh, and pmartinez78, are you taking lecithin? I think that may be what is helping me in the energy department.
Not at the moment, but I'm going to give it a try.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Well I've only eaten 460 cals so far today and I'm surprisingly not super hungry. I don't get it. I thought I'd be crazy hungry. Maybe I'll get hungrier tonight. Is this normal for anyone else?
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

So for tomorrow I'm confused as to what I'm supposed to do. This is what the sticky says (I think it was from a sticky anyway).

"Chest, shoulders and tri's with 1 minute in between sets, 4 total sets for each movement in the 8-10 rep range. Jump set pairings should be as follows:

- Wide grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps

Rest 1 minute

- Close grip bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into

Rest 1 minute

- Incline bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into

Rest 1 minute

- Decline bench press for 8-10 reps immediately into
- Seated DB shoulder presses for 8-10 reps"

I'm confused because it says to do 4 sets of each movement. Does that mean 4 sets of wide grip bench jump set to shoulder presses after each set, 4 sets of close grip bench jump set to shoulder presses after each set, etc? Or do I bench jump set with presses, cgbp jump set with presses, incline jump set with presses, and decline jump set with presses and then I'm finished? This latter is what I assume it means, but the "4 sets each" got me confused. Can someone please let me know, thanks.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The way you have it written out is perfect.

One set of EACH movement. Not 4 sets of each. I'm not that diabolical (at least with you guys, work is another story) :)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

OK, finished the workout #2 for famine. I don't feel like writing up all the weights, they were so low anyway. My muscles just couldn't move much of anything today.

Yesterday I finished the day at 960 calories. I expect I'll be having to get closer to my max of 1400 today. The weird thing is that I haven't become really that hungry yet. I keep telling myself not to get hungry because I can't eat much anyway, maybe my mentality is actually working. I am very tired though. I don't feel physically weak until I try to lift, then I realize the drain the diet is having.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Wow, I bet you're looking forward to workout #3 aren't you? lol

Well good luck. Keep up the good work.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Yup, probably just as much as you are ;)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I was reduced to BW squats first time I tried workout #3. Ain't no shame in it.

On the positive side, you'll get a lot closer to God during workout #3. A LOT closer.. :)
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

RobRegish wrote:I was reduced to BW squats first time I tried workout #3. Ain't no shame in it.

On the positive side, you'll get a lot closer to God during workout #3. A LOT closer.. :)
Lol, alright then. Oh, btw, has there every been someone who hasn't been hungry during famine? Because, honestly, I'm less hungry now than I was on day 1. I keep doubting this because I expected it to be much harder. The workouts are pretty hard because I feel weak, but the hunger almost isn't an issue at the moment. I keep expecting it to kick in soon, but it feels like my stomach has shrunk, haha. A bowl of oatmeal or an apple actually fills me up. I don't know, I just feel like something isn't right if I'm not hungry. I haven't even hit my max of 1400 cals yet. Day 1 was 1120 cals and Day 2 was 960. Do you have any input on this? Should I try to stress my body more? I just don't want all of this to be for nothing.
cappla011

Post by cappla011 »

Muoio117 wrote:Lol, alright then. Oh, btw, has there every been someone who hasn't been hungry during famine? Because, honestly, I'm less hungry now than I was on day 1. I keep doubting this because I expected it to be much harder. The workouts are pretty hard because I feel weak, but the hunger almost isn't an issue at the moment. I keep expecting it to kick in soon, but it feels like my stomach has shrunk, haha. A bowl of oatmeal or an apple actually fills me up. I don't know, I just feel like something isn't right if I'm not hungry. I haven't even hit my max of 1400 cals yet. Day 1 was 1120 cals and Day 2 was 960. Do you have any input on this? Should I try to stress my body more? I just don't want all of this to be for nothing.
I don't think it is abnormal. I didn't really start to notice the hunger until Day 4. Which was really suprising to me, because I dropped from around 4,000 calories to like 1,400 calories. But even on Day 4, it wasn't too bothersome. But Day 5 it really hit me, and I remember I just wanted to devour all the food I could get my hands on. I ended up just feasting that night, couldn't wait til morning.

So I wouldn't worry about it.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Oh, okay. Well I guess I'll just make sure I get through these next two days.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Well day four of famine still isn't too difficult. I'm not too hungry, but I still miss eating all the food. I'm getting tired of fruits all the time. I want some teriyaki chicken, mmmmmm...

I'm at 445 cals so far today. That gives me almost 1000 to go, though I've been able to still keep it below that since hunger isn't an issue.

Not much else to report. Tomorrow's workout will probably be pretty tough. After that all I've got to do is make it through my first day of class (today's was cancelled), sleep and wake up on Saturday to EAT!