Cardio...

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
scump

Post by scump »

i see alot of people saying 30:30 for HIIT.

but everyone who does HIIT running (not on a treadmil) the real HIIT, its pretty much impossible to do 30:30, most people aim for 50:10 to 45:15 walk:sprint.

30:30 is supposed to be really good for bike (and some people say treadmil but others say it cant be preformed properly on one).

a lot of people new to HIIT say that 10-15 seconds of sprinting isnt enough but the thing is, its what you make it, if you do it right, putting in 100% effort in the 10-15 seconds after your 10-15 HIIT cycles you will be absolutely stuffed.

regarding the best type of cardio per person, depends alot on the level of the trainee, if your quiet new to cardio LISS is actually the most effective at losing weight.

but once one becomes experienced be careful about the claims you hear LISS making, because when it says maximum weight loss, its talking about muscle wastage as well, while the beauty of HIIT is that it burns something like 90% fat to 10% muscle.

AFAIK it is not recommended to do Fasted HIIT either.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

dont forget about jumprope guys.

Regardless of cardio level there is a way to get yourself going WELL with jumprope.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I use the treadmill for HIIT now because its 100 degrees here this time of year,. When i do workout outside I dont go by time as much as I do by HR. I get my heart rate way high, let it drop and repeat. Jump Rope, Burpee's, Mtn Climbers, Box Jumps, Jumping Jacks etc they're all effective.

HyperActive136

Post by HyperActive136 »

good call on the jump rope, Big.

I like to do 1 minute single jump and 30 seconds of double unders for approx 10 minutes.

For regular HIIT on the treadmill i go for a 1min jog/run and a 30 second sprint for 10-15 min