Quiona - Your new best friend & has 5 Ecdys to boot!!

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Never heard of conscus?
DJ82585

Post by DJ82585 »

Couscous (pronounced /ˈkʊskʊs/ or /ˈkuːskuːs/) is a dish of spherical granules made by rolling and shaping moistened semolina wheat and then coating them with finely ground wheat flour. The finished granules are about one millimetre in diameter before cooking. Different cereals may be used. Some variants popular in Israel use granules of hard wheat which are twice the usual diameter. Traditional couscous requires considerable preparation time and is usually steamed. In many places, a more-processed, quick-cook couscous is available and is particularly valued for its short preparation time. Couscous is traditionally served under a meat or vegetable stew. It can also be eaten alone, flavored or plain, warm or cold (e.g., mixed with tabouli), or as a side dish.

The dish is a traditional staple throughout the Maghreb, where it is thought to have originated. It is also popular in the West African Sahel, in France, Spain, the Canary Islands, Portugal, Madeira, Italy (particularly in western Sicily's Province of Trapani), as well as in Turkey, Greece, Malta, Cyprus and parts of the Middle East. It is particularly popular among Jews of North African descent such as the Algerian Jews, Tunisian Jews and Moroccan Jews,[2] and is eaten in many other parts of the world as well.

thank you wikipedia
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, sounds like good stuff :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Couscous is real good and you can get all flavors

Another knock out super seed/grain is Millet> just like in bird food
I eat it either savory with garlic , onions and parm (like risotto), or sweetened with honey or dates it is good

https://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam ... le&dbid=38
1 Cup Cooked
calories 285.60
calories from fat 21.60
calories from saturated fat 3.72
protein 8.42 g 16.84
carbohydrates 56.80 g 18.93
dietary fiber 3.12 g
soluble fiber 1.68 g
insoluble fiber 1.44 g
sugar - total 0.24 g
monosaccharides 0.00 g
disaccharides 0.24 g
other carbs 53.44 g
fat - total 2.40 g
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

WOW, another millet fan!

I thought I was the only one...

Cool.

I make it a couple times a week for breakfast, in a similar style to southern grits with butter and salt. Then, two eggs and green onions tossed in at the end before killing the heat where they come out about like easy over.

We need to do a full on recipe thread here.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

So i bought some quinoa! and boy oh boy it has an aftertaste exactly like broccoli. weirdest thing. my sister tried it and thinks the EXACT same thing
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah you definately have to flavor it... Fortunately it lends itself well to such things.

Hank, your bird food comment made me smile. Years ago, someone was all over me to "lose weight". I wrote up an incredibly elaborate program for him and.... didn't see him for a month. So the next time I see him he tells me it was too much work. "Got any tips for me losing weight without dieting and all that exercise"?

"Sure do, birdseed"

He says "birdseed?". I said yep, two tablespoons a day frys fat like nobody's business. He says "how, that stuff is tough to get down?" I said "easy, just mix it into your yogurt". He was still skeptical. I said "consider this.... ever seen a fat bird"?

He said "now that you mention it, no". I said there you go. He tried it for 2 weeks. Didn't lose any weight but I got some satisfaction..
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:
Hank, your bird food comment made me smile. Years ago, someone was all over me to "lose weight". I wrote up an incredibly elaborate program for him and.... didn't see him for a month. So the next time I see him he tells me it was too much work. "Got any tips for me losing weight without dieting and all that exercise"?

"Sure do, birdseed"

He says "birdseed?". I said yep, two tablespoons a day frys fat like nobody's business. He says "how, that stuff is tough to get down?" I said "easy, just mix it into your yogurt". He was still skeptical. I said "consider this.... ever seen a fat bird"?

He said "now that you mention it, no". I said there you go. He tried it for 2 weeks. Didn't lose any weight but I got some satisfaction..
that is pure EVIL
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Big.jazayrli wrote:that is pure EVIL
Just don't let him talk to you about the STEROID-LIKE muscle building properties of GREEN BANANAS!

Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

askmass wrote:
Big.jazayrli wrote:that is pure EVIL
Just don't let him talk to you about the STEROID-LIKE muscle building properties of GREEN BANANAS!

did you say.. steroids?

RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah on the green bananas (you've gotta' get them while they're green)...

While still green, they contain a natural form of testosterone. Witness the steroid like strength of mountain gorillas. They don't even eat protein/train with weights, never mind savvy loading patterns as found in The Blueprint. Throw this line in when discussing with deserving trainees -"Nature leaves clues"..

Also, place a few GB's in your gym bag and leave visible in the locker room, especially on max days. If you really want to go the extra mile, apply transdermally to forearms prior to your max squat. Builds credibility.

Suggest loading with a dozen/day for the first week. Cut back to maintenance intake of 6/day thereafter. If trainee can't stomach a dozen during loading, suggest rubbing the peels on the inside of his forearms/neck where the fat content is lowest (transdermal delivery).

Suggested that to a college trainee who was from the "don't want to squat b/c it's too hard" crowd. He almost made it through loading but discontinued due to daily stomach aches.

Deserved the stomach ache, IMO. Maybe next time he'll man up and squat..
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Pretty funny stuff

Trans dermal green bananas are great I use them all the time, whats nice is I also have a constellation of fruit flies that act as a natural sunscreen
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ha ha! And check this out....

I just found out Quina seeds are a rich source of 5 ecdysteroids!:

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf0014462
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

Speaking of Quinoa, I almost pooped myself when I came across this:

https://www.ergo-log.com/quinoa.html