New User

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just a few shakes from the salt shaker on your whole food.. Nothing drastic as we're not sodium loading here. Just enough to facilitate transport of nutrients across the membrane gradient.

Creatine is just one that is dependent..
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

So with this:

Pour the following ingredients into a blender:

- 12 oz of Pineapple juice
- 2 cups of skim milk powder (alternatively, 2-3 scoops of protein powder)
- 1 large banana
- 2 containers of liquid egg whites (back in the day, this was 6 raw eggs!)
- 1 tablespoon of raw/organic wheat germ
- 1 container of Greek yogurt
- 2/3 scoops low-fat ice cream

I should mix salt with each serving when I drink it with every meal during the day?

This will halep transport nutrients from this massive shake above to cells??
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, just salt your food at your solid food meals..

This drink can either be consumed with the meal or ideally, between meals to boost calories. Bonus... it actually tastes good!
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Oh ok. so any solid food meal i eat I should add soem salt too it. right?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Right, just a shake or two. Nothing overboard...
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

RobRegish wrote:Right, just a shake or two. Nothing overboard...
what do you mean by just a shake or two.. I thought i was adding salt to meals. Not protein shakes? sorry abit confused..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just to meals, yes.
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

So will be adding slightly extra salt in my solid meals in feast phase right? Ok.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Right. Just a shake or two of salt. Now, here are your workout templates, per your request..

On the 5 workout HIT Feast Transition

Suggest a one on, two off frequency to start. Insert an extra rest day if necessary:

DAY 1

Workouts 1-5

SUGGESTED FREQUENCY - 1 on, 2 off

- Bench press for as many as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. NOTE this is ONE set (after warmups).
- Immediately perform a set of heavy dumbell pullovers* (8-10 reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the movement.
* Should be performed on a SLIGHT incline bench. If using an adjustable bench,
incline it one notch.

EDT BLOCK - sets performed back to back

Incline DB presses
Tbar rows

KEY POINTS

- Alternate antagonistic muscle exercises in jump set fahion
- Staley's generally uses 15-20 minutes, (called a PR Zones).
- You perform just this ONE PR Zone per workout.
- Your target weight is one that you can do 10 clean reps with.
- You will begin with alternating sets of 5 or 6 reps.
- As you tire, you may reduce set reps to 4 then 2 and end with singles.
- Your goal is to do as many reps with good form as possible in the PR Zone.
- Do not work to, or near failure in the early sets.
- You may reach failure at the end as you try to beat your previous record.
- Once able to do 20% more reps than your prior workout, increase load 5% and begin again.

THEN

- Squats for as many reps as you can get in the 8-10 rep range. NOTE:
This is ONE work set after warmups.
- Followed immediately by a set of stiff legged or Dimel deadlifts (8-10
reps).
- Focus on maximally stretching the muscle at the bottom of the
movement.

EDT BLOCK - Sets performed back to back

Romanian Deadlifts
Leg Sled

Same points as above per the KEY POINTS section.

For workouts 2-5, follow the same template but please note the rep range variations inherent therein. For example, workout #4 is a de-load. You're back into a higher rep range (6-8 reps) vs. 2-3 reps in workout 3. I think you'll understand after looking at it more closely. For example:

WORKOUT #1 8-10 rep range
WORKOUT #2 4-6 rep range
WORKOUT #3 2-3 rep range
WORKOUT #4 6-8 rep range
WORKOUT #5 Attempt new 1RM

GERMAN LOADING PATTERN #1

On the 6 workout German Loading Pattern if peaking 2 lifts (BP and SQ, lets say). Suggest a one on, two off frequency to start. Insert an extra rest day if necessary:

DAY 1 - Bench Press

1.) Perform your 6 sets of German Loading Pattern 1. Take adequate rest between sets to ensure complete intra-set recovery.

2.) Perform the following stretch position supersets in EDT fashion

Decline dumbell bench press immediately into;
Seated cable rows (horizontal rows)

4 rounds of each with 2-3 minutes in between sets. The particulars;

- Alternate antagonistic muscle exercises in jump set fahion
- Staley's generally uses 15-20 minutes, (called a PR Zones).
- You perform one PR Zones per workout.
- Your target weight is one that you can do 10 clean reps with.
- You will begin with alternating sets of 5 or 6 reps.
- As you tire, you may reduce set reps to 4 then 2 and end with singles.
- Your goal is to do as many reps with good form as possible in the PR Zone.
- Do not work to, or near failure in the early sets.
- You may reach failure at the end as you try to beat your previous record.
- Once able to do 20% more reps than your prior workout, increase load 5% and begin again.

3.) Finish with static holds

Decline barbell bench press: Hold as much weight as you can in the strongest range (1-2" below lockout) for 5-10 seconds. Perform two static holds in this fashion

DAY 2 - SQ

1.) Perform your 6 sets of German Loading Pattern 1 for the SQ. Take adequate rest between sets to ensure complete intra-set recovery.

2.) Perform the following movements in EDT fashion as above:

Romanian Deadlifts
Leg sled

There will be no static holds or other likely other work done for this workout. It's absolutely exhausting with big muscle groups being force fed total tonnage in very, very generous amounts due to utilization of movements that permit massive overload.

Hope that helps..
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Ok for the german loading I will just be training the bench and sqauts no deadlifts rite. Si It should look like this:

german loading
Monday bench press workout 1
tuesday squats workout 1
wednesday rest
thursday rest
friday bench press workout 2
saturday squats workout 2

So it would be 2 on 2 off or 2 on and 3 off where needed. How does this look?

so when I get to workout 6 on the german loading stage I will have a new PR and a 5% increase on bench and squat. Is that right?

Then after I done this I move onto CRUISING/SOLDIFICATION: LETTING THE CEMENT SETTLE Right? Plesae correct me if im wrong.

You know Feast phase is supposed to be 30-45day so that training is only for 12+5workouts=17 workouts. with about 3 days rest when starting the feast phase as the first 3 days is just about eating and sleepng right. that would add 20 days, but if taken 2 days inbetween the german losing as above then that would total 30 days of 35 if taking 3 days rest inbetween.

But I work nights and its hard work very physical I belive this has a big impact why im not getting bigger or stronger? Its physical as it burns alot of claories from me its constant lifting heavy material loading traikers walking long distances fast pulling cages full of materials etc. What do you think..

What is EDT fashion?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, you've got it now. It's coming into focus :)

The 30-45 days Feast guidelines are just that... guidelines. Given your late night/physical work you'll likely need additional rest days. It MAY make more sense to start off on a Monday, take Tues and Wed off and train Thursday, take Friday-Saturday off and train on a Sunday etc.. That's another option. You know you better that I know you :)

Keep in mind that although no true deadlift is specified, you'll be performing heavy squats plus Romanian deadlifts which are quite similar/deliver a similar carryover. The key is... your big muscle groups will be worked and worked HARD.

EDT = Escalating Density Training by Charles Staley. He made a tremendous contribution with this system, and we leverage it for all it's worth in The Blueprint.

Further reading: https://www.staleytrainingprograms.com/
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

So 17 workouts frpm the Feast phase I can spread them throughout 30-45 days if I whish rite. So even if I take 3-4 days off Inbetween Due to not feeling fully recovered Is that still ok.

One more thing I read training chest legs backs more then once per week will bne over kill. I have been training 1 body part once per week as to get full recovery. Whats your say on this? As training chest twice a week here or maybe even 3 days on some weeks wouldnt that be way overkilling the chest?

So is this training pattern ok, chest then squats then rest and repeat.

german loading
tuesday squats workout 1
wednesday rest
thursday rest
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Hi Zee,

Please see my answers below:

Q. So 17 workouts frpm the Feast phase I can spread them throughout 30-45 days if I whish rite. So even if I take 3-4 days off Inbetween Due to not feeling fully recovered Is that still ok.

A. Correct. Getting the needed recovery between these sessions is the key.

Q. One more thing I read training chest legs backs more then once per week will bne over kill. I have been training 1 body part once per week as to get full recovery. Whats your say on this?

A. It is difficult to make generalizations like this. Further, things like biological age, training age, % of 1RM/intensity zone used etc.. all impact frequency. The body is never stressed in isolation. If you're training legs for example, it's still a great systemic stress. Yes, your chest muscles may be resting but that doesn't mean you're withdrawing from your bank account (as an example). Better to take a day off and make a deposit into your recovery bank.

Q. As training chest twice a week here or maybe even 3 days on some weeks wouldnt that be way overkilling the chest?

A. Again, it depends. The key is you need to be fully recovered before hitting it hard again. If you haven't slept well, are still sore and dragging best to insert another recovery day. You have plenty of leeway as you've already demonstrated above in your math. Great planning, by the way :)

Q. So is this training pattern ok, chest then squats then rest and repeat.

german loading
tuesday squats workout 1
wednesday rest
thursday rest

A. This looks logical and a 50/50 balance of training/rest days is present. That's the key. It's been said that the notes of the song are not as important as the spaces in between. And it's true... you absolutely must give your body the time it needs to accomodate to the stress, re-load and come back stronger.

And you will!
zeebodybuilder

Post by zeebodybuilder »

Hell YEAH.. I feel im getting to understand it Now. Thanks Rob.

So after completeing phase 3 settling the cement. Can you jump onto the strength blueprint book which is at the end of the ebook.

Or you can take a week off and start the Bp again rite? How would the gains be on your 2nd run? Will they be like new again or slow.?