TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

dracotdrgn wrote:Another construction brother......welcome aboard!! I used my time off to put a lot of effort into my diet and training. The Blueprint has helped me do this. Unfortunatly towards the end of my last run I went back to work with some serious ot, and it really put a damper on my final results. Bouncing back on my second run though. Good luck Turbo!!!
Thanks Draco!! What kinda construction do you do? Good luck on your next run!!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Famine phase day 3

Sswwoofff..... Well it definetly kicked in today, I had little trouble falling asleep last night, and had a looong day at work. It was cold and rainy all day, but I need a paycheck so we worked anyway. I was freezing cold and damp all day long :( Then at about 2 o'clock, one of the neighbors of the house I was working on decided to fire up his bbq grill!! I mean COME ON!! It's 40 degrees and drizziling out! Oh the smell, my tummy was goin krazy!! It sure wasnt to happy with me... but I pulled threw :wink: Work was brutal though, we worked hard and I was pretty drained afterward, and although I wasnt as motivated as I used to being, I made it to the gym and was glad to be there. I made it threw the workout completing 3 chest, 3 shoulder, and 4 tri exercises. I was very surprised to see how weak I was. On every lift I had to drop some weight on nearly every set :x Weight that I usally have absolutely no problem with, and by the end of the workout, weight my grandma could probably of worked out with, and I'm not kidding!! I knew it was gonna be rough, cause work used up about all I had, but WOW!! I did notice at work, when I had to do anything that required much strength over a extended period of time, my muscles wanted to ache and try to cramp up, so after work i picked up some lecithin, hopefully that helps. I really wish I'd remembered to keep track my waking HR, it's the one thing I forgot to do. I rarely sweat, but I did wear I long sleeve to workout in, and worked up a very very light one, When I'd lift up my shirt and stick my nose in I could catch a hint of a ammonia smell. So I think I'm on track. Plan on getting on my airdyne at home and trying to work up a better sweat tomorrow and see what happens. Anyway I'm done ramblin so I'll post up my diet

50 blue berries=40
yogurt=70

4 dried apricots=110
10 cashews=80
v-8=100

wheat thins=120
2 cheese snack bars=120
v-8=100

pre workout
apple=100

cashews=80
fresh (honeydew, cantaloupe, grapes, pineapple)=200

broccili=70

wheat thins=120
2 cheese snack bars=120
finshed jug of v-8=200

goal=1600
total=1630
kh971

Post by kh971 »

Hang in there Turbo, I will be starting the BP in about 2 weeks. I am already dreading the Famine Phase!!!!! I am a big guy and can really eat. The bad thing with working outside and it being cold is that food helps provide heat for the body. I know i just finished hanging sheet steel on a 32'x348' building. I only had one helper, while my other employees stayed at the manufacturing plant.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No question it's tough.

But it'll be well worth it! And great work on seeing this through!!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

kh971 wrote:Hang in there Turbo, I will be starting the BP in about 2 weeks. I am already dreading the Famine Phase!!!!! I am a big guy and can really eat. The bad thing with working outside and it being cold is that food helps provide heat for the body. I know i just finished hanging sheet steel on a 32'x348' building. I only had one helper, while my other employees stayed at the manufacturing plant.
thanks man, the famine damn sure isnt easy, and I'm used to eating a ton too cause I'm a hard gainer. I feelin pretty rough and irritable right now, luckly for my soon to be wife, she is outta town this weekend and dont have to deal with me. I aint got nothin to do today, and all I can do is sit around and think about food :evil: but I can almost see the finish line,and taste that THICK-N-JUICY steak that waits there for me :wink:
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

SWEET!! This is the fun stuff, keep in mind the big picture. With great sacrifice comes great reward. It is what it is for a reason. I too love to eat and my first run came after a bulking phase where I was eating very well. I can also say the second run is easier, knowing what to expect, and knowing how to handle it. I used to get very stressed and edgy when I was late for a meal. Now I think back at my famine phase and can deal with hunger much better.
Oh and when I said "fun stuff" I meant for me to read 'cause I'm not there right now. The "fun stuff" for you is when you start seeing your gains and then some.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

dracotdrgn wrote:SWEET!! This is the fun stuff, keep in mind the big picture. With great sacrifice comes great reward. It is what it is for a reason. I too love to eat and my first run came after a bulking phase where I was eating very well. I can also say the second run is easier, knowing what to expect, and knowing how to handle it. I used to get very stressed and edgy when I was late for a meal. Now I think back at my famine phase and can deal with hunger much better.
Oh and when I said "fun stuff" I meant for me to read 'cause I'm not there right now. The "fun stuff" for you is when you start seeing your gains and then some.
Thanks for the encouragement bro 8) I can definetly see where this whole experience will help deal with hunger in the future. I just about have this famine whooped .(feels good) By the way, it really helps reading logs of ''someone whos already been threw it ''like yours, a little extra encouragement when it gets tuff, goes along way :wink:
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

day 4 of famine:
Did not post last night, so I'll post this, this morning.

I was, as expected, hungry, tired and feeling pretty drug down. I felt weak, puny,unmotivated, and very lackadaisical. I did 25 min of cardio on my airdyne, it pretty much sucked. My diet was right on target again.
I got in 1635 calories.

Today is the last day of the famine for me!!! :D I'm gonna hit the gym later and gut out the brutal workout that lies ahead. Will report back at the end of the day.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

I also have a question about the cbol creatine, I was wondering if it would be benificial to take it 2,2,2 with the E and tbol trib. Except for liftin days, where I would take it 3pre and 3prior like the bottle says. And, just to clarify, I start the E and T during the first day of the feast, not the first workout, right?
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I agree on our tendencies to over train, I thought that the first day I read your workout program you sketched out for your famine. I had posted a reply but pulled it and thought I'd just wait and see how you were feeling on days 3-5. Thanks for the comments on my log. I try to keep it simple, but take training very seriously. It is hard for guys like us to listen to our bodies when they are tired but I'm learning the importance of an extra day off........Good luck, I'm here to help and will be looking in on your log often.
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Alright a huge sense of relief has set in, I'm waking up early tomorrow, to cook a huge breakfast before I head to work!! Cant wait, Sausage, bacon,eggs, and hashbrowns oh my!!! It's gonna be sooo good!! Got my last workout of the famine in today, it was tuff, I was weak and tired, I went in earlier in the day to get over with. Gym was slow, so it ws nice. The hardest part of the day was cookin food to bring to lunch tomorrow, I always bring premade meals or leftovers, it made me hungry having to smell it all, but I needed something to bring to start the feast off right :D
I think I'm all set, and defineltly ready to fuel back up !! I was real close on my calorie goals again today coming in at 1625. Now it's off to bed to get some rest before I tear up the feast!!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

MAN!! I tore up some grub today boys!! Woke up this mornin, cooked a BIG breakfast, ate 3 more times at work!! Then came home and bbq'd a HUGE ribeye steak!! :P baked potato's and green beans. It may have been the best tasting steak I ever ate 8) Also bbq'd some chicken for tomorrow, I feel great....... It's been a good day. I took in a little more calories then I thought I did :o , probably dail it back some tomorrow lol

cals.=5273 :shock:
pro=.356 8)
carb=330 8)
fat=230 :shock:

I was pretty hungry :wink:

Starting weight before famine
last night of famine
after 1st day of feast
196 :) (feels goodman)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I also have a question about the cbol creatine, I was wondering if it would be benificial to take it 2,2,2 with the E and tbol trib. Except for liftin days, where I would take it 3pre and 3prior like the bottle says. And, just to clarify, I start the E and T during the first day of the feast, not the first workout, right?

Man you're nailing it. You get it. You just get it. I'm not pumping you full of hot air either.

I have a feeling you're going to be one of those guys who do really, really well first time through and even BETTER on your subsequent runs, just like Draco.

Congrats on making it through to the other side :)

And Draco, couldn't be prouder of you for getting to where you are on this board (helping others).

Excellent work, both you guys AND the entire BP community for helping new BP customers out. Lifted me a bit on a pretty crummy morning :(
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Ah the first day eating!!!! We were really close on our first run, first day, intake. Cal 5100 Fat 252g Carb 544g Pro 389g that was my first run, slightly less second time around, wasn't so shocking.