Shoulder Rehab

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

RobRegish wrote:Excellent.

Do let us know about looks/comments from the neighbors. I find this is yet another benefit sled dragging imparts :)
What in the world is that guy doin' over there, Margret? Come look at this!

Never mind him, Henry. I think he's training for the Olympics. Look at that body. You, you need to get your lazy butt to work on your to-do list.
PushingTheLimit

Post by PushingTheLimit »

For the sled do you think metal chains would be optimal? Figured they would be durable and add an extra challange.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Wow, metal is going to really cut into the hands if you don't wear gloves. Try it and report back.

The straps they sell for such over at elitefitnesssystems.com are ideal but understand if you're not interested...
PushingTheLimit

I gotta figure out if that will attach to my sled i made. they dont show how it attaches
PushingTheLimit

I ordered it. Figured i could make it work. Would be a better choice than chains
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You won't regret it. High quality and allow you to do legwork too. You'll see what I mean when you get them..
PushingTheLimit

Thanks for the info. Stuff is getting expensive but i know it will be worth it
PushingTheLimit

Decided to pick up some Cissus after reading a lot of good things about it. Gunna take that and see how it helps
PushingTheLimit

Sled is finally finished. will do first workout with it tomorrow
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome.

Please keep us posted!
PushingTheLimit

Alright so did my first sled workout and I am impressed how good my shoulder felt during it. Unfortunately I am feeling quite a bit of tenderness right now. Not sure it i did too much or if this is just natural. Will continue to do the sled training along with some other light cross training things. Also am not noticing any difference with the use of Cissus yet
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Excellent.

Entirely natural to feel GREAT while doing it and immediately after. As blood flow returns to normal again natural for a bit of pain to set in. The key is with each session you feel a bit less pain and stretch out the "feeling good" periods of time.

And yes, do take care to go slow...
PushingTheLimit

My exact shoulder injury is an acromioclavicular joint(the area where my collarbone and shoulder meet) injury. Is there anything specific I can do to help this particular injury. Trying to avoid surgery as much as possible. Doctor said with the duration I have had this injury that surgery is a possibility.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Most of these injuries can be healed WITHOUT surgery. You MAY need it but doubtful based upon what I'm seeing here (keep in mind I'm not a doc).

I'd like you to build a library of lifting movements that don't aggravate it. Shoot for a minimum of 6 and report back. These will be used to compliment the rehab movements we're developing.

Years ago, Larry Scott poffered that rotating these therapeutic movements was supremely beneficial. I tend to agree. The combination of this prehab/rehab approach plus therapeutic intervention such as glucosamine, cissus, DMSO, linments etc does wonders. Here's some other exercises to look into (bands are SUPER to use when rehabing a shoulder):

Diagrams:

External rotations

https://www.orthop.washington.edu/UserFi ... cise09.gif

Internal rotations

https://www.orthop.washington.edu/UserFi ... cise08.gif

And one more: I've competed in MANY meets with seasoned powerlifters that have had SEVERE shoulder injuries. Some had surgery. Most didn't.

Virtually all of them went on to break their personal records..