5.0stang - Run #2 Log + Previous Results

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Had 20 grams of protein @ 975 calories yesterday.

Into the final hours of famine and just holding on. I got the final workout tonight, which I will take fairly light as far as length of working out, but intensity will be high for a short period.

Next time I do famine, I am going to buy a few bottles of V8 Fusion (Concord Grape/Raspberry). It taste WAY better, just like grape juice, than regular V8 (low sodium) and has a serving of veggies & fruit at only 140 calories a serving and 0 grams of protein.

A ton of protein/calories awaits in the morning and I will be gearing up for the first workout of feast on Sunday.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I love V8 fusion...especially blueberry/pomegranite...

300lb bench press 5x5 would be huge...I am still only at 235 on my decline 5x5's hoping to do 245 next week...gotta get crackin so I can keep up!!!
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

matter2003 wrote:I love V8 fusion...especially blueberry/pomegranite...

300lb bench press 5x5 would be huge...I am still only at 235 on my decline 5x5's hoping to do 245 next week...gotta get crackin so I can keep up!!!
I got 40 lbs on you, so not sure that is fair and mine is a flat bench for those reps. :P 235-245 lbs for 5x5 is still very impressive for a 215lb'er!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:
matter2003 wrote:I love V8 fusion...especially blueberry/pomegranite...

I got 40 lbs on you, so not sure that is fair and mine is a flat bench for those reps. :P 235-245 lbs for 5x5 is still very impressive for a 215lb'er!
Great goals here, great plans to achieve them. Do take care to hedge against any sickness. Cold season is upon us, and yours truly came down with a dandy, headed into workout #16 of The Russian Strength Program Generator... :(

I shall persevere, as I've nailed every workout thus far... :)
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

RobRegish wrote: Great goals here, great plans to achieve them. Do take care to hedge against any sickness. Cold season is upon us, and yours truly came down with a dandy, headed into workout #16 of The Russian Strength Program Generator... :(

I shall persevere, as I've nailed every workout thus far... :)
I live in the south, it was 90 degrees today in Arkansas, but it will drop overnight (literally), so yeah, I need to take care - thanks for the reminder!

Well, completed my first workout of feast and felt pretty good. This was 3 minutes of rest, 5 sets of 5.

Workout One

Two Static Holds (Barbell Wrist Curls) - 165 lbs/175 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Squats - 215 lbs
• Wide Grip Pulldowns - Body Weight (250 lbs)

Two Static Holds (Bench Press – 20/40% more than 1RM – 3-5 minutes rest on holds) - 455 lb (not a smith machine) holds x 2

EDT Block 2
• Barbell Curls - 125 lbs
• Skull Crushers - 95 lbs

Funny thing is, my squats, barbell curl, and bench press hold actually went up again and it was the first workout. :) I hope that is a sign of things to come. My squats are only 10 lbs away from a 50 lb gain from a little over two months ago for 5 sets of 5.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Epic... :)
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

This workout is 3 minutes of rest, 5 sets of 5.

Workout Two

Two Static Holds (Dumbell Curl @ 90*) - 90 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Bench Press - 275 lbs
• One Arm DB Rows - 170 lbs

Two Static Holds (Decline Weighted Crunches – Hold about ¼ of the way up – 3-5 minutes rest on holds) - 130 lbs

EDT Block 2
• Barbell Wrist Curls - 125 lbs
• Weighted Towel (Rotation and Rising Strength) - 55 lbs Rotation/45 lbs Riser)

I am stoked that my Bench Press went up on my first workout - seems like my goal of 300 lbs (5 sets of 5) is getting closer. :D
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:This workout is 3 minutes of rest, 5 sets of 5.

Workout Two

Two Static Holds (Dumbell Curl @ 90*) - 90 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Bench Press - 275 lbs
• One Arm DB Rows - 170 lbs

Two Static Holds (Decline Weighted Crunches – Hold about ¼ of the way up – 3-5 minutes rest on holds) - 130 lbs

EDT Block 2
• Barbell Wrist Curls - 125 lbs
• Weighted Towel (Rotation and Rising Strength) - 55 lbs Rotation/45 lbs Riser)

I am stoked that my Bench Press went up on my first workout - seems like my goal of 300 lbs (5 sets of 5) is getting closer. :D
GREAT news man!

BP doesn't work though, according to the skeptics... :)
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

Those skeptics are wrong!

Workout Three (3 minutes of rest, 5 sets of 5)

• Two Static Holds (Rowing Dumbbell Locked Holds) - 70 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Pull-Ups - Bodyweight + 10 lbs
• Arnold Presses - 60 lbs

Two Static Holds (Pulldown Hold) - Bodyweight

EDT Block 2
• Incline Hammer Curls - 80 lbs
• Tricep Presses via Rope - 90 lbs

I have a good feeling that this workout is going to see some solid gains once I gain traction in a couple weeks.

I think I need one of those tackle boxes for all these pills (liver tabs take a bunch of room)...lol.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

5.0stang wrote:Those skeptics are wrong!

Workout Three (3 minutes of rest, 5 sets of 5)

• Two Static Holds (Rowing Dumbbell Locked Holds) - 60 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Pull-Ups - Bodyweight + 10 lbs
• Arnold Presses - 60 lbs

Two Static Holds (Pulldown Hold) - Bodyweight

EDT Block 2
• Incline Hammer Curls - 80 lbs
• Tricep Presses via Rope - 90 lbs

I have a good feeling that this workout is going to see some solid gains once I gain traction in a couple weeks.

I think I need one of those tackle boxes for all these pills (liver tabs take a bunch of room)...lol.
Tackle boxes, indeed... :)
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

V8 is the BEST for Famine, bar none
5.0stang

Post by 5.0stang »

nigh70owl - Yep, V8 Fusion from here on out for famine.

This week is 6-8 reps, for 2 minutes of rest. I kept all of the same weight as the previous week, except for my static holds. The rep increase and decrease in rest proved to be more than enough intensity.

Workout One

Two Static Holds (Barbell Wrist Curls) - 175 lbs

EDT Block 1
• Squats - 215 lbs (Two reps shy of finishing on last set)
• Wide Grip Pulldowns - Body Weight (250 lbs)

Two Static Holds (Bench Press – 20/40% more than 1RM – 3-5 minutes rest on holds) - 475 lbs/505 lbs (not a smith machine) holds x 2

EDT Block 2
• Barbell Curls - 125 lbs
• Skull Crushers - 95 lbs

I finally got over 500 lbs for a static BP hold. That bar was getting a little wobbly. I got a problem as I am now out of free weights to add to the bar :) Any suggestions?

On a more negative side note, my left wrist gave me a lot of nerving pain during my workout so I am going to be super easy on it the next couple days and apply a little heat.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Running out of weights, are we? :)

Unreal man, and so happy for you. You may want to consider Newgrips I rave about. They're padded hand grips, and take almost ALL of the wrist strain out of these holds. Best $25 I ever spent on training gear!