Squat depth issue

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

matter2003 wrote:
xxtotuxx wrote:
sovabrat wrote:Brutal! I wish I did have a training partner to help me with my form though. I think I tend to over estimate my strength and in an attempt to look beefcake at the gym I will ruin my form to move more weight.
You're not the only one. I'm comfortable with the weight, but will do that recommendation of adding 5 pounds and seeing if I can manage to have enough depth. If I can, I'll add 5 pounds more.

Have only been squatting with barbell for about 6 months so I'm no expert. Looking back, squatting in the smith sucks, feels so unnatural.
Unless you eventually want some type of serious back or knee problems, I would advise NEVER use the smith press for squats...because in many cases, sooner rather than later you will be in some severe pain that will take a long time to heal properly, if at all...

Personally I love the V-Squat by hammer strength...regular squats cause back issues for me, so I tend to avoid them...
Right here!!

The Smith puts "sheering" forces on the knee. The damn thing is EVIL, when used for squatting!!

Hope that helps.. :)