How to Ruin Your Life - Please Learn From My Mistake

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
ckeahey76

Post by ckeahey76 »

I know it might be cheezy, but watch fireproof.
warriorcookie

Post by warriorcookie »

lol. When I watched that movie I almost shut if off over and over. When it was over my wife and I couldn't believe how bad the acting was in it.

But you know, that movie, I have always gone back to it over and over (not to watch). It's message was so powerful and the realization I got from it was akin to a 2x4... I know I put my actions as they pertained to my wife, my work, and life in general, under a microscope.

Thanks for the reminder. I think I need to revisit those thoughts....
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I just read this article on "muscle dysmophia", it seemed quite appropriate to this conversation:

https://www.bodybuildingsecrets.com/arti ... icated.php
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

the_buffer wrote:I just read this article on "muscle dysmophia", it seemed quite appropriate to this conversation:

https://www.bodybuildingsecrets.com/arti ... icated.php
I have this, a bad case of it in fact. Many of us do. Guys, its part of the message I was trying to convey.

Please don't let our mutual fascination with the world of muscle spill over into the people around you. Every single one of you has a friend, Mother, Father, brother, sister etc. that loves you.

Think about that next time you too, turn to the one place you can count on - the gym. Everything I couldn't control went haywire and this drives me nuts. So what'd I do?

I took control of what I knew. It's a very simple, straighforward formula: You deliver the goods, you reap the rewards. The guy in the mirror is accountable. There's nothing subjective about it and nobody can screw with your results. And I like that...

A LOT

Unfortunately, it can also kill you/hurt people around you that depend upon you. PLEASE consider that before making the same mistake I did.

It nearly claimed my life and hurt a LOT of people around me. Still in a hotel room guys, with no end in sight.

Don't let this go down in your world...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

UPDATE: I moved home September 1st, 2011.

I'm sharing this here to say "thank you", to everyone who supported me during this ordeal. While it's far from over, you have no idea what your gestures mean to me. There were cards, a computer when I needed one and plenty of prayers/well wishes sent. Some even went beyond that, to support my objective of returning home to my little man/family.

It's been a long road - 7 months as a man without a country, so to speak. I still have a long road, but with your help I accomplished the most important objective of all - being back home. I was fortunate enough to see my son off to kindergarten for the first time, and spend the time with him that I should have prior to this unfortunate incident.

You guys will never know, quite how much you helped to keep me going. I just wanted to say THANK YOU - your generosity wasn't squandered, and it sure won't be forgotten....
JlCh

Post by JlCh »

I'm glad things are starting to work out and I wish you the best, Rob.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

JlCh wrote:I'm glad things are starting to work out and I wish you the best, Rob.
Thanks brother!

Wouldn't have gotten this far, without you guys...
cogrick2

Post by cogrick2 »

Wow. I imagine this great story will be expounded upon during the Superhuman Radio podcast at noon tomorrow (Thursday, 3/22) @ superhumanradio.com. Rob Regish will reveal mistakes he has made along with champion powerlifter, Wade Johnson. The archived link should be available on that site by tomorrow evening.

No, I do not work for the show.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

cogrick2 wrote:Wow. I imagine this great story will be expounded upon during the Superhuman Radio podcast at noon tomorrow (Thursday, 3/22) @ superhumanradio.com. Rob Regish will reveal mistakes he has made along with champion powerlifter, Wade Johnson. The archived link should be available on that site by tomorrow evening.

No, I do not work for the show.
I touched on it, the part about Acute Rhabdomylosis. What you read here was the aftermath and unfortunately for me, it ain't over yet...

Still, I remain optimistic. This was a great show everyone, so please do listen to all the mistakes we've made. We chose to share these stories, in the hopes you don't have to learn the hard way - like we did...

SURVIVING THE SCHOOL OF HARD KNOCKS:

https://www.superhumanradio.com/componen ... ow_936.mp3