Muoio117's 1st run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Muoio117 wrote:
I have a story, lol. Last week during famine I was using the seated cable row after squats. So I used it twice and then rested to get ready for my third set of squats. I did the squats and went back to the machine - some girl was on it. I asked if I could work in and she gave me this evil look like I was being rude, but I was there first anyway. So she didn't let me work in, which screwed up the superset. I was kind of pissed. Oh well. So I will now go an hour earlier before people at school get up. End of story ;)
That's exactly what happened to me last week. I was so pissed off cuz I was in the zone. I'm making sure it doesn't happen again.

Anyways, Rob doesn't actually mention it on the BP but I'm going to follow what he suggests here:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=378

But I am interested to find out how and when we can fit in arms and shoulders.
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Oh okay, thanks. I may end up doing shoulder presses w/ t-bar row as my EDT. That way I get some pulling in there as well.
scump

Post by scump »

upper body EDT block :

Incline DB presses
Tbar rows

lower body EDT block:

Romanian Deadlifts
Leg Sled

Maintain these EDT blocks through-out the first 5 workouts... remember guys its only 5 workouts, a very small portion of feast, during this time you need to focus on your 1rm max (be prepared to exceed your expectations too!).

i bested my 1rm max during this stage, and i hadn't done strength training for a while (2months off) so i was astounded i could even lift the same, let alone more.

after the first 5, feel free to change up the EDT blocks, add in more and shuffle them around as you like... so long as you still put in 100% for the strength training (German Loading Pattern).
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Another GREAT answer Scump. Thanks for the assist!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Okay, thanks. I guess I'll be doing that then.

I appreciate the replies :)
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

ok, thanks for clarifying that, scump.
scump

Post by scump »

no problem guys! smash these first 5 feast workouts... they will take it out of you so keep your cals up!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Scump needs to be a mod.

We're working on it guys...
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Okay, I did the first feast workout yesterday. Didn't have time to update but here it is now.

Bench: 185 - 1 x 10 (this was a 5 lb increase already!!)

DB Pullovers: 55 - 1 x 8

EDT:

Incline DB Press: 65 - 6, 6, 6, 8, 8, 8 (this was WAY easy but I usually have difficulty with this weight, moving up next time)

T-bar row (unsupported): 160 - 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3

Squat: 165 - 1 x 10 (need to get this stronger...)

SLDL: 175 - 1 x 8

EDT:

Deadlift: 205 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6

Leg Press: 360 - 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6 (my gym doesn't have a leg sled so i used this instead)

I had an awesome workout. I was sweating pretty hard but I had loads of energy. I think that BCAA loading during the workout with all the sugar helped a lot. Normally I wouldn't have been able to complete a 1.5 hour workout with such intensity.

When I was doing the pullovers my right shoulder felt like it was really close to popping out. That's why the weight was so low. I could easily do more weight if my shoulder would just behave itself. Today it's popping a lot still. Does anyone know how to fix this. Should I do pullovers with a cable machine instead? Would this help? I don't want to dislocate my shoulder, and that's what it was close to doing I think.
pmartinez78

Post by pmartinez78 »

Good job man. Careful with that shoulder.
scump

Post by scump »

excellent workout mate! prepare for some insane gains from these first 5 workouts hey, just remember to insert a extra rest day if you need to... listen to your body.

these first 5 workouts do get taxing too so keep your head in the game, and make sure those cals are up!

gunna see some solid pr's out of you during this run!

sorry mate i cant really offer any advice on what to do with your shoulder, has it always played up with those movements? all i can say if its feeling wrong dont do it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

For the shoulder, do try cables instead OR other movements. Best advice: avoid movements that aggravate it and seek those that don't.

Also, Cissus does wonders for these types of issue. Please do look into that!
Muoio117

Post by Muoio117 »

Thanks for the encouragement pmartinez, scump and Rob.

@scump: Yeah, I can definitely tell these workouts are taxing. They take quite a while and most of the lifts are compound movements. It feel good to do them, but boy does it get tiring, lol. I'm actually pretty sore today even though I did BCAA loading pre-, intra- and post-workout. My shoulders and hamstring are where most of the DOMS is. Feels good though. It lets me know I'm pushing it hard :)

@Rob: Okay, I'll try out cable pullovers and see if that aggravates it as much or not. If it does, then I'll find something else. Would cable flyes work for the stretch if the pullovers aren't possible?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes and no. The problem with these is that the overload is greatly reduced vs. compound movements with dips, DB declines with a SLIGHT flye twist.

BB declines with a wide grip are one of the best, IMO.