Cardio during famine?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
rzaragoza

Cardio during famine?

Post by rzaragoza »

Is it beneficial to perform cardio during the famine period?(for fat loss)
If so what type?(HIIT, LISS, MISS, fasted, etc)
Thanks
RyannayR

Post by RyannayR »

I would recommend any type of long distance cardio.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah, nothing too taxing/long though. The weight workouts/caloric deficit are enough for me thanks. If you have the energy or inclination though, some low intensity steady state stuff is OK..
the_buffer

Post by the_buffer »

I've been doing steady state cardio every day... mind you I'm only 3 days in. I don't think I could even stand up if I did HIIT.
rzaragoza

Post by rzaragoza »

very impressed with the support here, and only 2 days in!!! no trolls or flamers on this board. just honest and helpful advice. :D

ended up doin 20 min on the stair climber 10 on the treadmill and then about 7 or so on the bike. mixed up the intensity on all of them with random intervals of incraseing speed resistance and incline. awesome cardio session! and still have about 900 calories left for the night! :P
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great work!

And yes, great board we've built. Lots of help, no jokers. We get rid of them fast...
anthon88

Post by anthon88 »

Just curious about the cardio. I start my famine on Monday. I read in 2.0 that you should add an hour of cardio to each workout day. I was planning on doing it right after I finished my workout. So, is a long jog the most ideal form of cardio for the famine phase?

Thanks
wtmarcus

Post by wtmarcus »

anthon88 wrote:Just curious about the cardio. I start my famine on Monday. I read in 2.0 that you should add an hour of cardio to each workout day. I was planning on doing it right after I finished my workout. So, is a long jog the most ideal form of cardio for the famine phase?

Thanks
This is what I do. Right after the famine workouts I add an hour of running/jogging.Come day five I feel plenty miserable. 8) Been doing it this way 2 runs now and I see no reason to change it.

Oddly enough I seem to get better running performance on day 5 than on day 1. Workout performance on day 5 otoh.. :lol:
anthon88

Post by anthon88 »

wtmarcus wrote:
anthon88 wrote:Just curious about the cardio. I start my famine on Monday. I read in 2.0 that you should add an hour of cardio to each workout day. I was planning on doing it right after I finished my workout. So, is a long jog the most ideal form of cardio for the famine phase?

Thanks
This is what I do. Right after the famine workouts I add an hour of running/jogging.Come day five I feel plenty miserable. 8) Been doing it this way 2 runs now and I see no reason to change it.

Oddly enough I seem to get better running performance on day 5 than on day 1. Workout performance on day 5 otoh.. :lol:
Haha thanks for the reply. I can't wait to feel like crap! :D