Famine question

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
doolee

Famine question

Post by doolee »

Starting tommorrow (time allowing), I will begin my log. But before then, I have a few questions about famine diet so I get off on a "good" start to famine.
I don't really have a juicer, and my dorm doesn't have the best food options so I was wondering if it would be okay if most my calories came from fats. I'm thinking about eating my peanut butter and mixing olive oil with my v8 etc, because 1k+ calories on fresh vegetables/fruits seems pretty challenging to say the least. I then plan to use my cafeteria meals (all you can eat style buffets) to load up on my nutrients through vegetables and fruits that they offer. Would this be okay?
Lastly, I'm using opti-men multivitamin which has an 800mg amino blend in a days worth of serving. Should I switch off to a less complete multi for the sake of limiting aminos? Or is it relatively insignificant? (figured I would include this question instead of making a new post in supplement forum).
Thanks for the help guys!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's fine. Just be aware those fat calories add up fast so don't exceed the caloric ceiling specified.

The carbs from fruits/veggies should come ideally after physical activity, not the fats.

Finally, as long as total protein is under 50g/day, you should be OK. Ideally 30 or under, but the additional aminos shouldn't hurt you found in the multi. Absolutely NO protein in and around the workout though.
doolee

Post by doolee »

Ah k. I've done some fasts before so I should be okay on the calories. And are we talking about direct protein sources around the workout? For instance I was going to eat raisins since they were high in sugar/calories etc but they do have a gram of protein per serving. I feel like I'm worrying a lot haha. Thanks for the quick reply! I'm excited for my first workout today, and should be putting a log up tonight!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You're worrying too much :) But I appreciate the diligence.

You'll be fine. Just keep the protein low (ideally 30g or so/day) and AWAY from the workout.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:You're worrying too much :) But I appreciate the diligence.

You'll be fine. Just keep the protein low (ideally 30g or so/day) and AWAY from the workout.
No protein at all is still better though right?