Mass Pro Amino

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
drtda

Mass Pro Amino

Post by drtda »

I just started the Blueprint Program about 2.5 weeks ago, so have been in the Feast for about 1.5 weeks. Rob custom designed a recomp program for me so what I'm doing is a little different from the typical program.

One thing I'm using is the Mass Pro Amino in my workout shake, but it seems like something is wrong with the dosing listed on the bottle. It says that a serving is 2 scoops and there are 30 servings per bottle. Judging by what I have left in my first bottle, I'm already halfway through it after only 6 workouts, so it seems like there are only 30 scoops in a bottle, not 60.

If anyone can provide some insight I would appreciate it as my shake seems to be giving me a lot of stomach/intestinal/bloat problems and I'm wondering if I'm using too much of the Mass Pro Amino at one time.
awisler

Post by awisler »

I am wondering this as well actually. I went through my first bottle really fast and I shrugged it off thinking I just wasn't paying attention and it had been longer than I thought. According to everything on the package 2 scoops = 8g = 4g/scoop. There should be 60 scoops then (60x4=240). Perhaps it would be best to weigh a scoop and see if it is 4g or perhaps it is 8g? Now that someone else mentions this I think maybe something got mislabeled.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Guys,

We designated a new easier to use scoop on the last run with the lab, based on customer feedback.

It appears to me that they mistakenly used a larger size one where one scoop equals a full serving (8 grams), which as you've speculated would double the label recommendation of the former scoop where 2 scoops equals 8 grams.

They are closed for the day, but this does seem to be the case.

I will chew them out (not too badly) first AM, and they will not be happy having to redo the entire run, but so be it because it does appear to be their human error.

Very appreciative for you guys letting us know, because the new batch is just in and moving, so this was caught quickly.

Thanks so much.
awisler

Post by awisler »

Damn so I have been taking 60g with workouts instead of 30g. It seemed like a lot, should have weighed it I guess.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

WOW!
drtda

Post by drtda »

Yep, that has to be at least part of the problem for me. I suppose it could be the Adaptogen or Kre-Anabolyn, but its probably the aminos as I've had trouble in the past with those if too much at once.
Asao

Post by Asao »

I ran into the same problem as I went through 2 bottles of the amino pro before my feast period ended. After cleaning the scoop that came with it, I noticed 2 lines on the scoop (one for teaspoon and one for tablespoon).

I don't have a scale to measure, but I would think one teaspoon is 4-5 grams since this seems to be the norm with other BCAA products. So a single scoop (1 tablespoon) is around 12-15 grams.

It would be better if the label had serving sizes in teaspoon/gram measurements instead of the amount of "scoop/gram."
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

Asao wrote:I ran into the same problem as I went through 2 bottles of the amino pro before my feast period ended. After cleaning the scoop that came with it, I noticed 2 lines on the scoop (one for teaspoon and one for tablespoon).

I don't have a scale to measure, but I would think one teaspoon is 4-5 grams since this seems to be the norm with other BCAA products. So a single scoop (1 tablespoon) is around 12-15 grams.

It would be better if the label had serving sizes in teaspoon/gram measurements instead of the amount of "scoop/gram."
The PROPER way is that a gram is determined by weight. So the size of the scoop would be determined by the weight of the product. The 5/15 measurements have been bandied about for a lot of things. I TRIED to find a scale but even POSTAL scales measure in ounces. I ounce is like 28 to 29grams. 8-( I would LIKE to get a nice scale for other things as well.

Steve