peri workout shake

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
KEissawi

peri workout shake

Post by KEissawi »

ive seen the peri workout shake mentioned alot yet in different forms

i do the 25g mass pro
20g bcaa
200g waxy maize

then i have 25g mass pro after the workout

some people do more protein or less waxy maize, whats best? esp since im in the first week of feast should i up the protein? Down the maize?
scump

Post by scump »

by peri you mean throughout the whole thing hey? like peri-operative?

we call them intra shakes here mate!

thats alot of carbs for a intra IMO.

i dont have any carbs intra, just post, ill show you what i have just for a reference.. i would consider myself slowbulking.

pre= protein a hour before hand + carbs (meal)
intra= pureple wraath (soon to be Xtend)
post= protein 50g carbs 50g

i think there is a few posts in this section already on intra-workout drinks... Rob goes into it in alot more detail

what are your goals btw? mad bulk, slow progressions, cutting?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Many variations on this theme. I like the question above.. what are your current goals?

I'll take it from there as my thoughts on this have evolved considerably since BP was born. Much due to my glucometer work for 3.0...
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

im going with the supersquat workout plan so obviously my plan is to gain mass so how would that change the components of the shake?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK here we go:

75g of pure Karbolyn
25g of MassPro
20g of MassPro Amino BCAA+Glutamine

There's your 3:1 carb to protein ratio, inclusive of an incredible fast modified starch which pulls the aminos through the stomach, duodenum, small intestine and into the bloodstream lightenening quick.

The addition of Kre-Anabolyn would be great too. Again, I don't care whos supps you use but this is a great starting point. If you're going to use these products, The Blueprint Mass Stack is the most economical way to go and gives you enough for a full BP run.

Add Pure Karbolyn and you're golden :)
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

i was think of doing the kreanabolyn the next cycle

so i guess ill just do the protein and bcaa mix but where would i get the carbs from then?
KEissawi

Post by KEissawi »

sorry i realized the karbolyn is a complex carb supp

where can i get it?
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

BTW I think 8:1 carbs to protein is a lot also. HECK, 200grams of carbs is 800 calories RIGHT THERE! 25grams of protein is another 100calories.
If you REALLY feel you need those calories, use maybe 65Grams of MCT=455 calories and 87 Grams of carbs=348 calories. And MCTs are supposed to be as good as carbs, help you lose weight, and don't get stored as fat. MCTs have roughly 7 calories per gram, IIRC.

Steve
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:OK here we go:

75g of pure Karbolyn
25g of MassPro

There's your 3:1 carb to protein ratio, inclusive of an incredible fast modified starch which pulls the aminos through the stomach, duodenum, small intestine and into the bloodstream lightenening quick.

The addition of Kre-Anabolyn would be great too. Again, I don't care whos supps you use but this is a great starting point. If you're going to use these products, The Blueprint Mass Stack is the most economical way to go and gives you enough for a full BP run.

Here is what I was doing for recomp, i presume im doing too much protein and I should save 25 for post?And also up carbs if I was bulking?

50g mass pro
20g BCAA 10g glutamine(im under the impression now from reading up that glutamine does nothing)
40g waxy maize starch

I then did 12.5g protein post workout

Interested to know when I do my next run how you will decide I use the progenex recovery/more muscle.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The Progenex is interesting stuff. I may be piloting it for them...
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

DaCookie wrote:

75g of pure Karbolyn
25g of MassPro

Here is what I was doing for recomp, i presume im doing too much protein and I should save 25 for post?And also up carbs if I was bulking?

50g mass pro
20g BCAA 10g glutamine(im under the impression now from reading up that glutamine does nothing)
40g waxy maize starch

Interested to know when I do my next run how you will decide I use the progenex recovery/more muscle.
Glutamine is, IIRC, the 2nd most prevalent amino acid in muscle. It is also easily converted into fuel, and not saved as fat.

So it DOES help. I don't think anyone ever debated that stuff.

Steve
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

seasoned wrote:
DaCookie wrote:

75g of pure Karbolyn
25g of MassPro

50g mass pro
40g waxy maize starch

Glutamine is, IIRC, the 2nd most prevalent amino acid in muscle. It is also easily converted into fuel, and not saved as fat.

So it DOES help. I don't think anyone ever debated that stuff.

Steve
Check studies which show its benefits in healthy weight training individduals.You cant find any, all the studies are done on people with serious diseases, burn victims or elderly etc.Any knowledgeable person on bb . com says glutamine is a placebo.

Show me studies that it works.People saying it works for x this reason etc doesnt mean anything.Just broscience.A lot of people debate this, about the same amount of people who debate arginnine.As a test I didnt include it in my peri workout drink today so I wanna see how I feel tomorrow.

Il send you a recent topic link
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:The Progenex is interesting stuff. I may be piloting it for them...
Am I right on the other stuff?

50g mass pro
40g waxy maize starch
With water

I then did 12.5g protein post workout with milk

Should be this for recomp?

25g mass pro
20gBCAA 10g glutamine(im under the impression now from reading up that glutamine does nothing)
40g waxy maize starch
With water

25g mass pro with milk post workout

And for bulk just up the carbs?
seasoned

Post by seasoned »

DaCookie wrote: Check studies which show its benefits in healthy weight training individduals.You cant find any, all the studies are done on people with serious diseases, burn victims or elderly etc.Any knowledgeable person on bb . com says glutamine is a placebo.

Show me studies that it works.People saying it works for x this reason etc doesnt mean anything.Just broscience.A lot of people debate this, about the same amount of people who debate arginnine.As a test I didnt include it in my peri workout drink today so I wanna see how I feel tomorrow.

Il send you a recent topic link
MAYBE they are assuming they know what it is about. Frankly, the 3 biggest supplements, outside of herbs, etc... for building muscle, seem to be:

Protein
BCAAs
CREATINE

Many others seem to be scams, etc...

How can that be? Glutamine has been around a LONG time, etc... Did I say it necessarily built muscle? NOPE! Read various documents, and you find that it is good for replenishing the pool that helps with things like immunity, as well as building tissue. Although BCAAS are apparently the most important. In fact, they now say leucine is THE most important, being called a key limiting amino acid. Apparently the lack of glutamine is the reason why so many get ill and, being ill, get so many injuries, while exercising. Frankly, protein isolates do as well, and raw protein(like MEAT) if you have enough magnesium, etc... does as well ALSO. You can't really take in protein, and magnesium is apparently needed to help get the glutamine out of the protein so you CAN use it. Companies add glutamine claiming that it will help with energy and help curtail catabolism. Frankly, some companies just count the glutamine that is already there.

But realize that ANY good protein has glutamine or glatamic acid anyway.

BTW the link you sent doesn't work right now.

Steve