Feast Stage & Cardio

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
JDK420

Feast Stage & Cardio

Post by JDK420 »

Whats up Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has experience/opnions on doing cardio during feast? If so, when is the best time to do it? and, how frequent? do you reccomend doing cardio on off days during the feast stage? Appreciate the feedback, thanks!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

either post workout or on off days

if you're trying to gain a large amount of weight, i would suggest minimizing it. But 10 min HIIT post-workout every day is what i do, and its great for minimizing fat accumulation.

nothing matches perfecting your diet though
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Big.jazayrli wrote:either post workout or on off days

if you're trying to gain a large amount of weight, i would suggest minimizing it. But 10 min HIIT post-workout every day is what i do, and its great for minimizing fat accumulation.

nothing matches perfecting your diet though
This.But I think when you go below 10% bodyfat you really need good diet AND decent cardio to keep lowering bf unless your ectomorph or something.
JDK420

Measuring Body Fat

Post by JDK420 »

Good stuff. Thanks guys.
Anyone know how a good technique to measure body fat other than getting it professionally measured?
Big.jazayrli

Re: Measuring Body Fat

Post by Big.jazayrli »

JDK420 wrote:Good stuff. Thanks guys.
Anyone know how a good technique to measure body fat other than getting it professionally measured?
accurate measurements are extremely hard to come by

calipers and those handheld things are only good for showing change in bodyfat
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Calipers are adequate. Here's how to go about it.

Get a decent pair (not the plastic ones but they don't have to be Lange calipers either). I like the bodytrac digital I think they call it. It beeps when you pinch just the right amount of fat so you can't "cheat".

Take 3 measurements, 3 times:

Chest
Abdomen just to the right of the belly button
Thigh

All on the right side of the body (or left, just be consistent). Take the avg of 3 measurements at each site. Add them all up. Let's say you arrive at a figure of 20mm for all 3 sites.

Now compare this to your scale weight of say, 200lbs.

3 weeks later you still weigh 200lbs, but your mm's are down to 17, perhaps 2 coming from the abdomen and 1 from the thigh.

Congratulations, you just lost fat and gained muscle. I have no idea what bodyfat % you are but in my case I don't care. That's only b/c I hate math and formulas. I'm betting most want to know. If so, great!

That's how I do it though. You way also want to throw in a tape measure, but at that point my wife starts making semi-serious comments about counseling being needed, etc. :)