Feast, Famine Stages and supplementing questions

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Suedec

Feast, Famine Stages and supplementing questions

Post by Suedec »

With the Famine stage I understand that supplements are a No No such as Creatine, protein drinks, etc. Are such things like Jack3d (in my case I use Muscle Spike) allowed? Are they considered a supplement or are they in the category of Intensifiers since they are in a since Vascular Dilators.

In the Feast Stage, are they allowed or not? (creatines, protein powders, post workout supplements, etc.)

Such things as my Fish Oil, I would assume I take daily like I do? Yes, no?!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Jackd3d and like thermos are fine during Famine. The one thing I'd caution on is hydration. You really need to be on guard with this stuff in general but doubly so duing Famine.

The rest of the stuff is fine during Feast. Fish oil I'd drop for Famine. Here's the short list of approved supps during Famine:

- Thermo's
- Greens products
- Multi

That's about it. Good time to clean out of everything really. In fact, I just opt for a strong espresso during this time..

Feast you're loading just about everything...
Suedec

Post by Suedec »

Rock on, I don't have a prob with cutting it all out. I just know when I take Muscle Spike, I feel like the Energizer Bunny after I take it.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size1 rounded scoop (7.15g)
Servings Per Container:Approximately 45

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value*

Creatine Monohydrate 1500 mg *
Arginine AKG
1500 mg *

Beta Alanini 1500 mg *
Karbolyn ® 1000 mg *
Fibersol-2 400 mg *

Muscle Spike Energy Matrix 315 mg

(Caffeine, theobromine, 1,3 dimethylamylamine, R-beta-methylphenyethylamine, evodiamine)

From the time I started hitting th egym hard, I cut out a lot of crap from my diet. I use to be a HUGE candy junky and I barely touch it anymore. I use to drink soda (not a terrible amount of it but still) and don't anymore. I reallyjsut drink water and sometimes Gatorade. I like to think I really cleaned up my stuff after I started going.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Caffeine, theobromine, 1,3 dimethylamylamine, R-beta-methylphenyethylamine, evodiamine)

Here's your energy matrix. Likely the 1,3 you're feeling in combination with the caffeine.

Not quite ephedrine IMO, but fun stuff nonetheless.
JDK420

Jack3d

Post by JDK420 »

Just a note on the originl question: Jack3d has creatine in it. Creatine should be avoided in the famine stage, correct?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, it should. There's not much in there though. Don't sweat it if it's the only thing you have available...
jeffie28

Post by jeffie28 »

hi, is ot ok also to take some intra workout supplemet during this famine phase? just bcaa or sizeon? if not i will strict my program to mazimize it. 3 days of famine is good enough? i try to compete 5 days, but have to phsycialy and mentally prepare fo that one, also since we only eat fuits and vegies, does it mean i can eat how many as i want to? and drink lots of water :?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No intra stuff, sorry.

Try to stick to the plan. Health first though, so discontinue if you at all fell "off". And no, not as much as you want. It's bodyweight x 8 in calories OR... make sure you're hungry most of the day.

Sorry to be a downer. But certain things need to be done. These are a few of them.
jeffie28

Post by jeffie28 »

hi, thanks for the answer, oh one more thing i have a emerald balance here, its a antioxidant power servings of fruits and vegeies, i thinki you also familiar with this product too, its from sgn nutrition. so is this ok to take this on famine days?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes sir, that's fine...