1st Blueprint Run for a Badger

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

Good work on the squats man! and the bench. wish i had the shoulder to do bench.
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

Nice lifts man! I have a question for you. I have never used a weightlifting belt before. Do they make a big difference? Thanks.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

dropthebeats wrote:Nice lifts man! I have a question for you. I have never used a weightlifting belt before. Do they make a big difference? Thanks.
best investment ive ever made
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

dropthebeats wrote:Nice lifts man! I have a question for you. I have never used a weightlifting belt before. Do they make a big difference? Thanks.
Thank you.

They do! It keeps the weight on my legs instead of my lower back. Excellent investment.
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Woot, another STELLAR workout!

Note before we start: I took 3 days of rest since my last workout. Before that, I was taking 4 days off because I didn't feel fully healed. So, my ability to recover is improving, while my weights are all going up!

Squats - 450 X 2 (old PR was 435 X 2, solid increase!)
Bench - 315 X 1.9 (so fawking close, PR none the less)

EDT Block:
Dead lift - 280 X 6 X 6 (going up AGAIN next week LOL)
DB Skulls - 45 X 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 3

FINALLY didn't hit 6 reps on every set during this EDT block. Now I actually have a baseline for triceps.

I felt like the Incredible Hulk walking into the gym today. I've been visualizing that 450 X 2 on squats for a couple of weeks and I nailed it! Thanks so much for your help, Rob. This run has blown away my expectations. 2 weeks of feast and I'm cruising right along :)
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

So happy for you man. When you're done and provided your happy... please post your honest thoughts on The BP on the "other" board :)

You guys have done so much already, feel guilty asking. BUT, its finally working!

More people are seeing the TRUTH. And the more people we can convert the more we LEARN. Look at new member HITsoldier. He's doing BP with 40% Turk and a HIT routine.

We're all going to learn alot :)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Thought I'd update again:
Today has been like the 5th day in a row with morning wood. I never used to get it, but now I'm pitching tents like it's my job.

Lifting again most likely tomorrow. I'm feeling really good (knock on wood). I feel strong and ready to lift some heavy weights tomorrow!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Hey everyone!

Yesterday was another good workout from the Blueprint. Good lord, one of the best workouts I've had.

Squats - 425 X 6 (Big PR here again, old PR 410 X 6)
Bench - 290 X 4

EDT Block:

Deadlift - 300 X 6, 6, 6, 4, 4, 4
finally reached a weight that I failed on. I have a good base now. This has gone up 50lbs since the beginning

DB - 45 X 6 X 6
Tricep Skull Crushers - hit a PR on these too! Going up next time. These are up 10lbs since the beginning

This workout had me laying on the ground and sweating like a madman.

A few notes on physical changes I've noticed. My dead lift strength increase is reflected in my newly acquired spinal erector muscles. For those of you who don;t know, those are the big columns of muscle right along your spinal cord. Mine actually stick out a bit now.

Also, noticeable tricep/forearm increase in size and strength. I'm doing my dead lifts raw to get some hyouuge forearms. Noticeable thicker upper back, bigger legs, and leaner body in general.

Just ordered another bottle of E-bol. Last, but not least, a nasty story from the gym: On my last set of dead lifts I tried squeaking out one more rep. It was one of those super slow reps. Took me 5 seconds to get to the top. Right at the peak of my last rep 3 huge calluses on my hands completely ripped off. I even started bleeding a little bit - how hardcore is that?!?! lol. So I may have to use straps on saturday when I lift again.

I'll be going for a new 1 rep max on squat this saturday. Stay tuned for some big numbers, a lifting video or two, and a happy badger :D
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Sweet log- sweet progress buddy. keep tearin it up!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I love this place. Great work man, great work :)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Alright, sorry about the lack of updates! First our internet went out, and then I got a lot of homework, etc, etc. But, I did get a good workout on Sunday.

Phase 1 of Feast Complete

Squats New PR! -> 485lbs!

I hit 475 really easy on squats. Then I failed at 500. I hit a small sticky point at the bottom and couldn't get up without help. 475 was so easy that I'm going to call my new max 485!

Gains on squats:

410 X 4 --> 410 X 8
435 X 2 --> 450 X 2
445 X 1 --> 485 X 1

Bench Press -> 330lbs

I hit 320 quite easily and then failed on 340. So, my max is still about the same as it was before I started the Blueprint at 330 lbs. If anything, it's a 5lb increase. I have been doing squat first in my workout and then bench, so I'm usually fairly tired. Rob has been kind enough to PM some tips for me to make better gains. Those changes will be shown in my log as they occur :)

Gains on dead lift:

250 X 6 X 6 --> 300 X 6 X 6

My dead lift has never been nearly as good as my squat. My lower back just isn't up to snuff! So, I've been hitting these hard and I've made terrific gains. My entire back (lower, middle, upper, and lats) has gotten thicker and stronger.

Gains on dumbbell skull crusher:

30 X 6 X 6 --> 45 X 6 X 6

My triceps, like my other muscle groups, have been getting larger and stronger each workout.

My chest has also gotten leaner and thicker in the top half, even though I haven't been making many strength gains on bench. My legs and calves are definitely thicker and a little leaner. So far, my weight has gone up a net of 3.9lbs. I'm sitting at 249.5lbs. When wrestling starts in about 10 days, I want to use the practices to lose some weight. I'll up my calories and protein during that time.

Supplement comments:

What can I say? I'm gaining good strength and some good mass while keeping my body fat the same or lower. I feel dense all the time. Everywhere I go, it feels like I have a constant pump. I'm a little more vascular and I get morning wood constantly.

Nutrition comments:

My diet is mostly clean. I eat 3500 calories a day. At least 300g protein. Lots of chicken, whole wheat spaghetti, whole grain cereals, ultra peptide 2.0, oats, and lots of milk. And when I say a lot of milk, I mean it. I drink .5-.75 gallons of skim milk per day, which comes out to 3.5-4 gallons per week. Great calories and protein. I also have some fun food at times. If I feel like eating 10 oreos, then I'm going to eat 10 oreos damn it! lol.

I've got to say that I'm pretty stoked about these strength gains. It's good that I didn't gain a ton of weight, because I have to wrestle at 235 this coming year. But, these strength gains are terrific and I will take them all day!! I can't wait to hit 500lbs on squats. When i do, it will be taped and posted here for everyone to see :D

Next workout: Friday morning or Saturday
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Absolutely amazing.

There is no ad copy I could dream up that sells BP better than this. And I REALLY appreciate you making this visible on "the other" board.

I am working hard on trying to figure out how to advertise this guys, but it isn't easy. Until then, your continued support by chiming into BP threads over there really helps.

So to all that do (and many of you do).... many, many thanks. So happy for you UWbodybuilding. There is more (much more!) of this and many more PR's to come :)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Friday Sep. 7

I did my first GLP workout bright and early at 8:00 A.M. And what a relief it is to get back to some volume! I've always excelled at squatting lighter weights for 8-12 reps as opposed to "heavy sets." So, today's sets of squats felt great.

Squats:
Started at 140 and ended at 380. Did about 6 working sets of higher reps. I got a great pump and was sweating much more than I do with sets of 2-5 reps.

EDT Block 1:
Leg Curl - 210
Lat Pull Down - 180

It's so nice to finally do different exercises! I haven't done any back or leg workout other than squats and deads for a month. The weights for each of these exercises felt lighter than I remember. Going up on both of those next week

EDT Block 2:
Leg Extensions - 270
Concentration Curls - 30

These felt really easy too. My quads are noticeably larger and stronger than from before the blueprint.

My legs are aching with lactic acid. They haven't felt this particular kind of sore in a long time. Welcome back, old friend :)

Monday Sep. 20th:

Bench press - ended with 255 for an easy 8 reps

Hit all of my reps according to the GLP.

EDT Block 1:
Wide grip incline barbell bench - 230 X 6, 6, 5, 4, 5, 4
Concentration Curls - 35 X 6 X 6

Went up in both, more so in curls.

EDT Block 2:
Cable pec dec - 70 X 6 X 6
Tricep Extension - 50 X 6 X 6

Feeling good! The volume is superb and makes my chest ache with pain :D

Update:
I've been lifting and keeping a log on bodybuildingsupplements.com as well. School is also taking up a good chunk of time. Sorry it's been so long since an update!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Super work and glad you like the switch.

Get ready for a whole new set of PR's :)