EricPad's first run . . .

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
ericpad

EricPad's first run . . .

Post by ericpad »

Hi All,

I started my run on Monday so I'm on my 3rd day of famine. I'm doing okay with it so far but really looking forward to Saturday when I can open the food floodgates.

I will be running the BP along with BioForge and Ebol as well. Both of those supplements will start on Saturday.

Little background . . .
I'm 33 years old, 6' 182 lbs. I've been seriously lifting for the last 2 years. I've had a couple set backs though as I broke my ankle last summer and then required 2 surgeries to repair it (one was immediately after I broke it 7/09 and the other was in March).
I train hard and consistently and haven't seen the results I would expect after a couple years of dedication. My nutrition is also dialed in well.

Eric
JWIN

Post by JWIN »

Welcome! Goodluck with your run. I am new here as well so I will be following along.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Welcome aboard Ericpad!

Yeah, I really "feel" Famine on day 3. That's when it hits for me. Now as I always counsel, proceed cautiously during famine. Especially workout 3. If you at all feel off/sick or just not right - discontinue. Health first.

Now, having said that, can you tell me what you weighed when you started, what you weight now, what your resting heart rate (if taking it) has jumped by and if you've cursed my name recently?

A significant drop in weight (avg 1lb/day), resting heart rate elevated 8BPM over baseline or close and cursing me are sure signs you're there. So let me know, I'll make the call on workout #3 and if you need it.

Demanding stuff. And again, welcome to our family. We're all here to help..
awisler

Post by awisler »

Good luck, you should see some great gains here. For me, day 2 and 4 of famine were the worse, I sat around all day thinking about food with no workout to occupy my mind.
ericpad

Post by ericpad »

Hey Rob,

Thanks for replying. Day 3 was pretty good . . It got tough last night though. I actually woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep until I ate a slice of whole wheat bread.

My nutrition during the rest of the week has been mostly fruits, salads, v8 juice, veggies, a few rice cakes, a couple servings of brown rice. I've virtually eliminated protein and I've dropped all supplements except for fish oil and a basic multi-V.

I weighed in Monday at 182 and I was 176 this morning. I should note that Sunday wasn't a perfectly clean day of eating so I can attribute a pound or so of my starting weight to that.

Unfortunately I didn't take a baseline heart rate but I can say that just taking my pulse it feels slightly elevated.

Workout 1 was great. Workout 2 was a little more difficult mostly because of the supersets and shorter rest periods. I'm flat out dreading workout 3 but, unless you advise otherwise, I will do it and get through it with my best effort even if that means reduced loads.

I work full time during the day and coach pop warner football at night so this has helped me avoid straying from my famine.

Have I mentioned how excited I am to begin eating again when Saturday rolls around?

Thanks again for taking a look at my thread so far! I'll be updating it regularly.

Eric
ericpad

Day 5

Post by ericpad »

Day 5 is finally here. I'm still holding steady. I'll admit that I went over my calories slightly yesterday. I finishing strong today though.

Workout 5 was pretty tough but I got through it this morning.

Reduced calories today and then it's food time tomorrow . . .

My EBol and BioForge showed up yesterday so I'm all set to start those tomorrow morning.

More to follow soon

Eric