Blueprint Cycling

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
dropthebeats

Blueprint Cycling

Post by dropthebeats »

Hey guys,

I was wondering how often you guys run the Blueprint. Are you always cycling it? Or do you do it 2-3 times a year and do different types of workouts in between? Just curious.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic question.

SOME do it back to back to back (with variations of course). MOST seem to use it 2-3 times a year to kick start new progress and really juice their training.

The beauty in all of this is that you can use snippets of The BP (a particular diet, training or supp protocol trick) during your "off time".

People quickly find their own schedule, but it's like a magnet. You'll eventually come back to it sooner or later due to the following:

1.) It works
2.) It provides direction

That latter point is worth mentioning because when you're freestyling so to speak you can lose that.

Hope that helps!
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Good question - The way I developed to handle this consistently is to consider myself ‘always’ in BP through extending Maint. phases as long as needed. That way I can also plan ahead one or two cycles and schedule Famines to coincide after the end of a sports season etc.

A ‘big picture’ long range plan really helps… see Rob's post just above re direction...

Also, you can learn to run ‘miniBP’s within The BP… but I haven’t gotten the concepts of this into English yet…. hth
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I can see my self cycling the over all "platform" that is BP continuously with the amount of variation and a bit of tweaking you can pretty much custom tailor results.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Like Brain said "always on." I consider myself the same, if I'm outside the relm of the standard time frame I am extending maint. My first two I was either on or off but the last couple have and will be stretched.
"Providing direction" absolutely, when I was switching things up I had a time frame and for the most part had all wo's pre-planned but had a few workouts I made up as I went along.
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

Thanks for all your advice guys. I think I will do 2-3 cycles a year like Rob said, but I will use parts of the Blueprint as a guideline like you other guys said.

BrainSquirt - When you said Maint. phase, were you talking about the Cruise phase?
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Not Brain but yes Maintenance and Cruise are the same.
dropthebeats

Post by dropthebeats »

Thanks draco!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

RobRegish wrote:Fantastic question.

SOME do it back to back to back (with variations of course). MOST seem to use it 2-3 times a year to kick start new progress and really juice their training.

The beauty in all of this is that you can use snippets of The BP (a particular diet, training or supp protocol trick) during your "off time".

People quickly find their own schedule, but it's like a magnet. You'll eventually come back to it sooner or later due to the following:

1.) It works
2.) It provides direction

That latter point is worth mentioning because when you're freestyling so to speak you can lose that.

Hope that helps!
Do you recommend to use it this way?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Which way, using it as a directive tool?

Yes, I do. Sometimes a new program you're toying with will be going great and then.... everything goes south. Try as you might you end up lost, confused and questioning yourself.

In that event, I always return to The Blueprint because I KNOW it works for me. Granted, slight variations on a theme but it's the fail safe approach.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

So the gains aint coming or are slowing down or you aint meetin your goals then its time for a blueprint run?

Sounds good.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Exactly what I'm saying..