energy for famine phase?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
scump

energy for famine phase?

Post by scump »

so yeah guys, im feeling flat as (day 1).

i do 12 hour days so im normally tired by the end anyway.

im just going to get more sleep tonight and then extend famine by 1 more day and try workout tomorrow.

any tips?

today ive had, 2 apples, banana, fruit salad, V8 juice and curried chicken with rice (smaller serve) for dinner.

also tmr im going to have dinner a few hour pre workout.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

For most, it begins to even out as Famine goes on. This is highly individual but I'd be curious to see if you experience it. If possible, save as many calories as you can for later in the day. Caffeine, etc during the day does help..
scump

Post by scump »

im fine during the day hey, its just for the workout i wasnt feeling it.

im saving a few more cals for right now (end of day pre workout) to give me some energy to do a workout.

i might try some sugar free energy drinks tomorrow, if i start to drain during the day.

so is a pre workout a massive nono during famine i guess... im just gunna smash down a caffeine tab
scump

Post by scump »

lol i wish i had looked at the famine workout yesterday! i didnt know it was so easy... im used to full body exercises.

but then tonight i look at the workout and its just some squats rows and ceps! too easy!!!

ok just finished my 1st famine workout, will make a log in a tic... let me just say, wow after no lifting for ~3 weeks omg am i gunna be sore tmr lol.

p.s. really enjoyed the incline db curls, never done them before but like the isolation in them.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Glad you liked those curls scump..

so is a pre workout a massive nono during famine? i guess... im just gunna smash down a caffeine tab

A. This is fine PROVIDED you tolerate it well and no pre-existing conditions present... I take advantage of them myself but am hesitant to recommend since we're all so different. I don't know how you react to mixed nuts.. have a friend who almost died from them! I can eat big handfuls with no problems...
scump

Post by scump »

lol yeah i understand your hesitence.

but its ok i have a high tolerance for caffeine... when i was animal M-stak (high caffeine) i was still taking white flood pre-workout without any caffeine sides (lol nuts).

and have experience caffeine OD symptoms in the past so know what to look out for lol.
scump

Post by scump »

ended up extending famine for another day lol... so tmr is the last day!

cant wait to feast man...

middle workout was insane, ive never pushed my triceps so far before, my pecks felt fine but today they are roasted, as are my tri's.

had a big one last night... thats a good thing for famine right? lol
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Had a big what... workout?

And extending Famine a day... you are a masochist! :)
scump

Post by scump »

big night out on the town (alcohol+++).

yeah i missed a famine workout, so i done it the next day... which means i had to extend it all by another day to still have the day break between workouts.

i can not wait untill tomorrow!!!! im going to eat everything in sight!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

WOW. Extending it another day... Masochist!

Good eats :)