Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Chest today:

Flat BB Bench - 140 X 12, 190, 230, 260 X 8, 270 X 4
Incline DB Bench - 90 X 10 X 3
Dips - +10 X 5, +25 X 5, +35 X 8, +45 X 3
Incline Flies - 45 X 10 X 3
Reverse Grip Straight Bar Tricep Extension - 60 X 8 X 3
Super Set w/Straight Bar Tricep Extension - 72 X 8 X 2, 60 X 8

Great pump and fullness today. That 260 X 8 on flat bench matches yet another PR that I set 20lbs ago. I kept incline DB the exact same, which was really tough. I was going for a different rep range (sets of 5) with dips, but 35lbs on my dip belt felt light so I kept going. Great PR on dips there. Some sick tricep pumps ended my workout today.

Great lift today. Feeling strong and looking lean. About 5 weeks left of cutting!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Looks really good. Strength levels in particular... on a cut!

Nice work!!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Thanks! It's been slow and steady. I'd guess I'm 12-13% body fat right now. It would be nice to be 10% after my last little bit of this cut and recomping on my BP run.

And rob, what do you think of a formula like this to replace maca during my solidifying phase?

500mg: MACA P.E. 4:1, Tribulus Terrestris P.E. from Bulgarian Tribulus Terrestris (Standarized at a 40% Saponin Content), Epimedium (40% Icariin), Eurycoma Longifolia (Long Jack) (Root) (Standarized for a 20:1 Extract)

Dosed 3 caps a day perhaps?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Not bad. Who's product is it?

When you're dealing with refined extracts, that's important. I much prefer adaptogen N. Custom 25:1 extract of Suma, Trib, Longjax, DHEA, Melatonin. Superb recovery agent/test booster/adaptogen.

Or, consider Burn It Up! PeakATP, MACA (10:1), Phoshatidylserine, real Korean Red etc.. Superb adaptogen IMO.

I take no favor though. Let me know on the brand and I'll research for you (no links please). .
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

I didn't link on purpose Rob :)

The product is 'Perform' by Anabolic Innovations. I trust and love this company. I only asked about this product specifically because I have 2 bottles on hand..
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, give it a shot and report back!
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Update on when I want to start the Blueprint:

I'm most likely going to California from September 3rd-6th. I don't think I'll have a gym to use there, so I'm planning on having my pre-BP week off during that time. So, my week off will begin on August 28th and my famine will start September 6th. Woot woot

Edit: or I'm thinking that I could do my famine before I leave. Finish on Friday before I head to Cali. I can then take Saturday-Monday off, according to the BP and start fresh on Tuesday back in Madison.

Opinions Rob or anyone else??
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Back and bis:

BB Row - 140 X 12, 190, 235, 235, 235 X 6
Seated Cable Row - 240 X 8 X 4
Standing Close-grip Row - 125, 150, 175 X 8
Reverse-grip Curl - 40, 60, 70 X 10
Concentration Curl - 35 X 8 X 2, 40 X 6
Standing EZ Bar Curl - 80 X 6 X 2
Super Set w/Bent Over DB Curl - 25 X 6 X 2
Dead Lift - 235 X 8 X 3
Super Set w/Back Extension - 45 X 8 X 3

Good workout. As you can see, most of my big lifts are using weights around 235lbs. That's the weight class I will be wrestling in this season, so I figure I should get used to lifting 235lb people/weights ;)

That last super set with dead lifts was awesome. I got such a great back pump from that. I do dead lift at the end usually because it's ao taxing. When I used to do it first in my workouts, the rest of my lifts suffered. I think with more rest and adaptogens during the BP should allow me to do dead lifts first soon...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Terrific!

Keep us posted on the exercise order switch. Should be interesting..
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Uwbodybuilding wrote:Update on when I want to start the Blueprint:

I'm most likely going to California from September 3rd-6th. I don't think I'll have a gym to use there, so I'm planning on having my pre-BP week off during that time. So, my week off will begin on August 28th and my famine will start September 6th. Woot woot

Edit: or I'm thinking that I could do my famine before I leave. Finish on Friday before I head to Cali. I can then take Saturday-Monday off, according to the BP and start fresh on Tuesday back in Madison.

Opinions Rob or anyone else??
Rob??
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

The latter sounds like a good plan. Lots of travel in between to and fro though. I know how the road is and eating isn't always optimal.

Provided you think you can pull it off, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the original plan. I HATE travelling...
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

RobRegish wrote:The latter sounds like a good plan. Lots of travel in between to and fro though. I know how the road is and eating isn't always optimal.

Provided you think you can pull it off, go for it. Otherwise, stick with the original plan. I HATE travelling...
I'll right, then officially I'm taking a week of starting August 23rd, then doing famine from August 30 - September 6. I can get my last workout in Friday morning before I leave for Cali :)
Uwbodybuilding

Post by Uwbodybuilding »

Just got done with a nice, intense bike ride before it gets too hot. I'm also going home today! Next day I lift will probably be Friday.