Draco's Second Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah man, let's see it!

Can't wait for this..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Band work is intense and another good week of it. EDT sets and good times. Rack pull of an even 800lbs today went up easily. But heavy enough I didn't try for more. Still not sure how I'm stayin in around 231 but things are good and strong.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

dracotdrgn wrote:Band work is intense and another good week of it. EDT sets and good times. Rack pull of an even 800lbs today went up easily. But heavy enough I didn't try for more. Still not sure how I'm stayin in around 231 but things are good and strong.
that's an epic rack pull man

Best I've ever done was a struggle with 495
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yeah man that's HUGE. I think you'll find you'll do best on a once every two (or three!) week pull schedule. Heavy ab work pushes it up considerably, too.

One thing to keep an eye on when pushing the BW up.... it's all about total tonnage. You want a bigger engine you feed it more work. Unlike a car engine, muscle is built to grow. Never as fast as we'd like but it will. EDT or your ticket and it's the exercises that'll make or break it. There's an art and a science..

The science will tell you that leg sled delivers far more total tonnage than squats. Yet we all know squats produce more growth. I know for sure you know this Draco so I please don't take that the wrong way.

One thing I learned the hard way was on diet... you can't eat that extra 9-10lbs or whatever of beef on you're looking for. It really is that total tonnage in the big lifts that'll do it.

I know I keep hammering on this but the hip belt squat is ESSENTIAL IMO to keeping your back healthy when chasing this. From pages 34-35 of The Blueprint:

"There are two quality hip belts available for sale: The IronMind Hip Belt and the Spud Belt available here:

IRONMIND HIP BELT

https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

SPUD SQUAT BELT

https://www.flexcart.com/members/eliteft ... D&pid=1595

If you do order either one, I highly suggest getting the Ironmind loading pin, which can be found here and makes loading/unloading a snap:

15" LOADING PIN

https://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... ber=1314-C

I personally use the Ironmind belt and loading pin and have had over 500lbs on there with no problems. The carryover to your barbell squat is almost pound for pound too. Solid investment and can also be used for weighted chins, dips, sled dragging etc..

Very versatile."
Justin

Post by Justin »

wow man congrats your doing amazing!! I'd like to see those pics of before and after if you don't mind :P your stats are all incredible!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

They are absolutely remarkable those stats.

Wait until you see the pictures..
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Thanks guys, thanks a lot. And advice is always welcome and encouraged. I have a long way to go and am still learning. Funny about ab strength and these lifts......i usually cinch my belt fairly tight when the weight of squats, DL, and rack pulls go from heavy to heavy i happened to grab an older belt off the rack and used it for this rack pull. As I peaked out, flexing all, I actually tore a hole out of this leather belt. Kinda cool!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Now that's intensity!
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

I think you'll find you'll do best on a once every two (or three!) week pull schedule.
Sorry Rob, I just couldn't help myself today. I was feelin great, hammered my back and had to end the week with another crazy pr attempt. So I worked my way up, and went for an even 9 plates=855.
First attempt- pull, look left, bar's up look right, hmm not sure.
grabbed my official
Second attempt-pull
Official says.....yes, both sides up, for a second, but up is up
I did this while wearing my new Vibram 5 finger shoes even, that was weird but cool.
Another stellar week of band work and heavy loads. One more week of this then on to a different program. Will Start my next BP run after vacation on August 2cd.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

GREAT!

You listened to your body and reaped the rewards.... :)
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Just a quick update: Cutting has gone well, I'm down to 225 and 10.6% bf as determined by the three site pinch test.
Band work is over on to drop sets and edt. Mass strength on bench seems to be suffering, could be many reasons. Boarderline overtraining but that's what I do. In need of another BP run. Will start in about 2 1/2 weeks.
New Leg W/O
After warm up-1080+ sled feet middle X 5 jump set to SLDL 383 X 5 for 3 sets then 1220 plus sled weight feet high 3 x 5 drop set to hack squat 200+- X 10-15. This followed with toe raises, leg ext and curl rounds for ten minutes then running all done in my Vibrams......brutal
Love what I do.......
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

God I love the staggering #'s in the Draco updates :)

Nice work man and can't wait for your next run!
nolyman777

Post by nolyman777 »

you've got some damn impressive numbers there draco haha. Good luck on your current and future run