Shoulder Rehab

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

RobRegish wrote: If you were to give your top tip that would make a difference in these things (shoulder recovery) that one could incorporate for perhaps 10-15 min a day, what would that be?
1. Full body joint mobility work early each day. Takes me avg 8 minutes. (I also do abbreviated/faster paced/ ‘less aware’ version before sports and lifting.) By the phrase ‘full body joint mobility work’, I attempt to move each joint in the body through its full range of motion a minimum of four times at a slow enough speed where I can be aware of blocks, restrictions, wounds, etc and go up to and beside the pain instead of tearing through the pain and or tension.

There’s all kinds of ways to discuss the benefits of this but the main one for me is ‘washing and feeding’ all the mysofacsial ‘bags’ every day.
Why full body instead of shoulder specific work? Mainly because in a biotensegrity model, an example of original right shoulder susceptibilities may have their roots in bound flow in the left hip, etc etc etc. so my number one tip is to do every joint every day ( including even the toes.)
Another benefit is generalized improvements neurological 'body/mind' stuff and in overall physical performance in all activities --- “The physiological adaptation comes after the neurological adaption – always”

hth Let me know if you need more info.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a great tip.

Everyone, take heed. 8 minutes a day will pay big dividends...
PushingTheLimit

Post by PushingTheLimit »

I will add it to my daily rehab and see if I notice any benefits
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome.

Brain is a tremendous resource and I'm betting incorporating such will benefit many people. I just finished round #1 and although I'm not sure I did it all right, it was very insightful.

I was able to determine exactly where this shoulder issue is originating from/where the "weak" portion is and no longer just ID it as "a shoulder issue". I can say with certainty now that it is the left rear delt and I suspect a mild separation.

Thanks again Brain!
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

BrainSquirt wrote:
RobRegish wrote: If you were to give your top tip that would make a difference in these things (shoulder recovery) that one could incorporate for perhaps 10-15 min a day, what would that be?
1. Full body joint mobility work early each day. Takes me avg 8 minutes. (I also do abbreviated/faster paced/ ‘less aware’ version before sports and lifting.) By the phrase ‘full body joint mobility work’, I attempt to move each joint in the body through its full range of motion a minimum of four times at a slow enough speed where I can be aware of blocks, restrictions, wounds, etc and go up to and beside the pain instead of tearing through the pain and or tension.

There’s all kinds of ways to discuss the benefits of this but the main one for me is ‘washing and feeding’ all the mysofacsial ‘bags’ every day.
Why full body instead of shoulder specific work? Mainly because in a biotensegrity model, an example of original right shoulder susceptibilities may have their roots in bound flow in the left hip, etc etc etc. so my number one tip is to do every joint every day ( including even the toes.)
Another benefit is generalized improvements neurological 'body/mind' stuff and in overall physical performance in all activities --- “The physiological adaptation comes after the neurological adaption – always”

hth Let me know if you need more info.
BRAIN

Any links or videos to learn the method?

tks

H
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Any links or videos to learn the method?
Hi all,

Note: I am not recommending or endorsing any of the following methods or products. Basically I am just trying to add to your knowledge so you can make your own healthy choices… Personally, I explored all of them and utilize the best stuff for me individually. I should also note that this work definitely involves a progression of sophistication and difficulty… starting very slow and simple is best… then progressing

IntuFlow Start at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsMPqP7hxRk
4 other videos are available on youtube in that series.

While the focus at first seems to be on joints, it’s ultimately about biotensegrity of muscles, myofacsia , skeleton, etc. IntuFlow is, btw, one of the three branches of CST. The ‘difficult’ branch (for me at least) is the Prasara Yoga. It is about developing true bodyflow and its focus is on the outer bags of the myofascia to complement intuflow’s focus on inner bag health… skim https://www.rmaxinternational.com/flowcoach/?p=474 for details )

zHealth is a more neurologically oriented version/spinoff. https://www.zhealth.net/ The zHealth rPhase is where I started all this stuff but on my own path quickly added / incorporated many IntuFlow moves to get to the best of both. For example, the shoulder is one of the more complex ‘joints’ so I do a total of 9 different moves. Four are from zHealth, 4 are from IntuFlow, (and one is from Taoist practices and is only tangentially related to shoulders) Similar evolution with the knees – started with one zHealth rotation, added IntuFlow, then ‘invented’ two of my own hybrids…so now I do the original zHealth one, my two hybrids, and situationally one other IntuFlow knee flow…

RMAX has a huge catalog of Sonnon’s products for sale. I have bought 4 items from them and plan to add one or two more over the next year or so. Both "schools" also have developed networks of certified coaches for individual work.
but again, I’m not recommending you go out and spend hundreds of dollars on any of these products.

I can offer limited, and definitely not expert or complete, individual guidance to BPr’s via PM on the key things to focus on during, etc. if you can tolerate some time lag in my response time.

hth
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

btw PushingTheLimit, have you researched Prolotherapy for your shoulder issues?
PushingTheLimit

I have not. I will check it out though
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Thank you BRAIN!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fantastic work Brain, absolutely fantastic!

I'm going to be reading through this more thoroughly this weekend. It has already helped me and hopefully many others.

I'm seriously thinking about asking AskMass to open a "Brain/Rehab" sub-forum!
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

Product review question:
A while back you were discussing Super Cissus Rx v. bulk Cissus.
My dad just had hernia surgery and I was thinking about adding Ciss. to his supplements for recovery.
Any indication and /or contra-indications for that?
Comparisons, benefits, etc. of Super Cissus Rx v. bulk Cissus?
Bulk sourcing and quality ??
(btw, if it's more appropriate, please open a Ciss thread in supplements )
Many thanks.
PushingTheLimit

I personally noticed a difference between bulk cissus and USPlabs Super Cissus. Super Cissus seemed to work much better for me. It is just too expensive
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'll tell you what..

I went through 100g of the bulk super cissusRx. Felt really, really good. That was a 10% extract.

Then went to a 5% generic Cissus. Felt even better! I vaguely recall hearing the lower % stuff was better for joints, higher % stuff more "anabolic". Whatever the case... it's working for me!
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:I'll tell you what..

I went through 100g of the bulk super cissusRx. Felt really, really good. That was a 10% extract.

Then went to a 5% generic Cissus. Felt even better! I vaguely recall hearing the lower % stuff was better for joints, higher % stuff more "anabolic". Whatever the case... it's working for me!
definitely gonna pick some up after i get through what's left of the primaforce cissus i have

which is 20% extract itself :eek: