Tuna for Feast?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
siegtyr

Tuna for Feast?

Post by siegtyr »

Hey Rob, I thought you wrote somewhere that tuna is not good for building muscle, so I've been staying away from it, although I just saw a mention of it in the BP section on diet. Did I read something wrong, and what's your take, as it seems like an easy way to boost protein consumption? I'd be interested in anyone else's thoughts as well!! Thanks!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Fish is pretty good at building other fish. Not so good for building people.

Now I'm not saying it'll hurt you or that you should use it as a standalone, but it pales in comparison to red meat, etc.. Canned tuna, in particular I'm against. Some of the higher end fatty fish is great like salmon. Just try not to get the majority of your protein from fish. I DO think that'll hurt you in the long run.

Hope that helps...
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

RobRegish wrote:Fish is pretty good at building other fish. Not so good for building people.

Now I'm not saying it'll hurt you or that you should use it as a standalone, but it pales in comparison to red meat, etc.. Canned tuna, in particular I'm against. Some of the higher end fatty fish is great like salmon. Just try not to get the majority of your protein from fish. I DO think that'll hurt you in the long run.

Hope that helps...
CLA/creatine, etc levels are way higher in red meats as well if i'm not mistaken.

and contrary to popular belief, saturated fats are very good for us men.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

This is very true... for b vitamins, iron and other micro nutrients as well. That, and the amino acid profile is "different". When you add it all up I'm pretty confident in what I'm saying here.

Remember though, it's not an either or proposition. You wouldn't golf with just woods or just irons!