coffee

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
jimmyk21

coffee

Post by jimmyk21 »

I'm new to bp and dreading my first famine. Any thoughts on coffee or even an ec stack during the famine for energy and possibly to curb cravings? Okay or no go?
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

It would depend on the person, but for me personally it would be a huge no-no. When I'm hungry, coffee is the last thing I need to ingest. Makes me mad as a hornet!

And to be clear, I'm speaking of coffee in particular and not really other forms of caffeine. Coffee is a very complex little bean (caustic as heck, throwing your pH way out of whack and stripping the body of vitamins/minerals).
jimmyk21

Post by jimmyk21 »

Thanks for the reply..what about green tea? Any tips for trying to kill the hunger? Besides just sucking it up for 5 days :D
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Green, black or white tea is fine for me in famine.

I use a lot of hot herbal teas during it, too.

The two best things I've found to curb the hunger is boiled cabbage and cantaloupe.

I don't overcook the cabbage and season it heavy with salt, pepper, garlic and liberal EVO.

Spinach sauteed in EVO w/ onions, lime juice, garlic and salt/pepper is also excellent and carries real satisfaction.

I've found the use of oils as above wise during famine and believe the "hunger for protein" is as much or more about missing animal fats.

Hang in there, friend, and know that it gets easier and easier the more times you hit famine - to the point you actually can start looking forward to it.

No kidding.
jimmyk21

ec

Post by jimmyk21 »

What about an ec stack? Anyone try this? If it helps with appetite it might be perfect for famine, assuming I'm not overlooking some other reason it wouldn't work here. It may even work during cruise, if eating 100%lift days and 70% off days. Would the ec help preserve muscle while eating at a deficit during this phase? And/or help burn some fat?

Anyone try this with the bp or have any feedback?
Big.jazayrli

Re: ec

Post by Big.jazayrli »

jimmyk21 wrote:What about an ec stack? Anyone try this? If it helps with appetite it might be perfect for famine, assuming I'm not overlooking some other reason it wouldn't work here. It may even work during cruise, if eating 100%lift days and 70% off days. Would the ec help preserve muscle while eating at a deficit during this phase? And/or help burn some fat?

Anyone try this with the bp or have any feedback?
i believe there is a section in the blueprint detailing the use of EC on the program - the basics of it are "if you can handle it, why not?" If I'm not mistaken.

Also, i think Rob is a fan of it.
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

Coffee is a very complex little bean (caustic as heck, throwing your pH way out of whack and stripping the body of vitamins/minerals).
Bummer, I kinda like my warm warm cup of joy in the morning. Actually in my e/c stack c=coffee. Why the stripping John is it because of the diuretic properties? This year has been by far my biggest coffee use ever. I went from half-caff in the morning to full bodied bold brew and now drink 2-3 times in the morning and a mug in the afternoon as part of my e/c.
BTW i did do coffee during my famine(s).
Is this something I need to back off of?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No, coffee etc E/C are fine IF you tolerate them well.

I do. You may not. I wouldn't want to take a chance with your health.. As always, caveat empour or whatever that slick saying is I always mess up..
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

how were the black cats rob?