Livestrong.com

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
siegtyr

Livestrong.com

Post by siegtyr »

Quick question:
I just found out about livestrong.com this week, per one of the posts on here (Sovabrat maybe?), and I started a new account. While I don't count the exercise calories into my daily caloric totals (is this correct?) as the site does, I do track them, nonetheless. The energy expenditure on the site is quite a bit higher than the machine readings, and I'm wondering which is more accurate (since the site actually has all of my info). Any insight is greatly appreciated!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I don't count these either, for what it's worth.

Probably a good idea to, but in the end I'm not sure it's going to make a huge difference. It hasn't for me...
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I do add my exercise everyday but I really use it more as a rough idea of calories / carbs and protien

I only count my gross calories not my net
siegtyr

Post by siegtyr »

I add it in the log, but I mentally only pay attention to the caloric intake for the totals.

Do you think the gym machines' readings are a more accurate count or the site's info?
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I think you mean Livestrong.com !!!

Glad to hear you are using it. Such a great tool.

I do put in my weight training vigorous for 60 minutes when Im training but I use the Gross calorie count as my indicator, not my net.

I think the actual calorie expenditure from weights is higher than what they show.

The most helpful aspect of the site is knowing your protein, carb, fat levels in comparison to eachother, and to track total calories consumed. Lots of people think they "eat well" but I would challenge them to track everything. I know I challenged myself and was shocked with what I saw. I was not eating enough calories, my protein levels were far too low for my weight, and my healthy fats were not very high either.
siegtyr

Post by siegtyr »

Good points, and yes, I meant livestrong.com.
Thanks!!