German loading pattern question

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
davidhogan34

German loading pattern question

Post by davidhogan34 »

So each workout, we attempt the reps with the target weight..If we can't get the weight no problem. but if I think I can get 1 more or so, I don't go for it right?

and then wehn u'r shooting for the 105% on the last workout...do u jus stop at 105% or can u keep going up if u think u can do it...
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Hey David, you are correct in your logic. The progression is a pre-planned attack at increasing your 1RM. Someone please correct me, but I believe this is aimed at a pure strength increase (1RM) any hypertrophy attained from this GLP is a bonus in my opinion! I would stick to the prescribed reps as laid out. They have been carefully researched and implemented. The 105% at the end is more or less the minimum gains you should see if you followed the GLP correctly. If you get 105% for 1 rep very easily, I would definitely encourage you to try 107 or 110%. This is more or less a test at the end to make sure you studied well (analogy).

Hope this helps.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Great, great answer sovabrat.

He's on the mark in every respect. Couldn't have said it any better myself..