Whey..

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
Redgum

Post by Redgum »

I received an email..

"The pasteurisation temperature is equivalent to 72°C for 15s.

The temperature of the product during membrane processing is always lower than 20°C and although the drying temperature is high, e.g. even higher than 150°C, the powder particles will never reach a temperature higher than 40°C.
"

I'm not sure what to make of this, they state on some products that the whey is undenatured, however I thought whey gets denatured at 72°C during the pasteurisation process?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

It's denatured :)
SiLkPaDrE

Post by SiLkPaDrE »

A lot of interesting stuff in this thread. It sucks that I can't afford to consistently run half of the high quality stuff out there. I'm always looking for ways to save that $$, but it almost seems impossible if I want to legitimately get the best bang for my buck.

Anyway, has anyone ever head of Muscle FX Whey FX Gold. It claims to be cold-processed, and looks rather affordable--I'm just a little skeptical.

https://www.nolinksplease.com

Obviously, it can be attained for a lot cheaper than the suggested $90 retail, but I figured it'd be best to post a link to the actual manufacturer's site.

There are a couple of other companies that pose similar claims of producing cold-processed whey, such as Sci-Fit (their Econo Whey & Instant Whey for example--the names of the products themselves already make me somewhat skeptical). Anybody have any experiences with any of these products/companies?

-Dre
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I've checked into more than a few of these and once you start asking the hard questions...... they're not truly cold processed.

Pricepoint is almost ALWAYS the indicator. If you see a "cheap" whey that purports to be cold processed.... RUN away.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Those hacks ripped off our unique and Copyrighted MASS PRO description in huge chunks!

Uuuugh.

No talent bums.

Another one to pass along to the attorney.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Doubly so given they're passing off an inferior product.

Unreal. Put your money into MassPro. Trust me, it's worth every penny..
SiLkPaDrE

Post by SiLkPaDrE »

I'm broke as hell right now, but I get paranoid so easily. I just hate the idea of being shafted and to think of all the money I've spent on ON Whey for example, thinking it was the "good" stuff. I always considered myself an educated customer too. I'm glad I've been enlightened however.

I've decided I'm going to cop some of that MASS PRO MVP when I get paid this Friday. I guess I can deal with one more week of devoting my entire meager paycheck to purchasing some quality supps haha. You only live once right? I'm lucky that I don't have anything major to worry about in terms of bills or anything. It's just kinda wack being broke for an entire week. Anyway, gotta make sacrifices and I rather invest my money in something that's worth it!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good man. You'll need to flavor it but it's the cleanest, most pure protein on the planet. Use it in your intra-workout drink to get the most out of it for your dollar.

And good for you for investing in YOURSELF. Radio-isotope studies have confirmed 98% of your body is re-built from the ground up in a years time. Most of the stuff we're interested in (muscle) is re-built in 6 months.

You can make BIG mistakes with carbs/fats and correct them rather quickly. Protein builds right into your structure.

So yes, you for damn sure just invested your money in something that's worth it... YOU!