Chicken!

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
Redgum

Chicken!

Post by Redgum »

OK so I've been buying free range chicken breasts, works out about
£2-£2.50 per breast. (About $3-$3.50)

Though I was wondering about peoples opinions on non free range frozen chicken breasts with added water.

They're a lot cheaper, I don't care about taste, you can always mask that.
I always weigh meat after cooking it so work out the calories. So if any weight is lost from water it would work out fine, I think.

What does everyone here use? I assume you all eat chicken!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Cheap beef is what I use high protein high fat.Prefer the taste and im pretty sure its a better protein source.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sometimes you have to go cheap :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'm all for the free range for a dozen or more reasons.

Hank has referenced this here before in other threads, but it bears repeating...

Watch "Food Inc." and you will be enlightened.

https://www.foodincmovie.com/

I have heard that you can find the whole documentary in sections on YouTube for free, but do not have the links.

This ties in with the whey thread in a lot of ways if you think about it.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Um... so much for sometimes going cheap.

Maybe I'll just go without next time :oops:
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Oatmeal is better than no meal..if you can only afford cheap then by all means you have too. If you are fortunate enough to have access to naturally processed and raised products and can afford them then in the long run it may be better for you to use them.

I would buy cheap grass fed beef over organic grain fed beef either way (if i could find such a beast). I prefer
Redgum

Post by Redgum »

Well I usually only buy local free range meat products. Chicken, Beef and Pork Sausages mainly. I don't shop in supermarkets, I only shop in local farm shops/grocery stores. Rarely go into town for shopping.

I was only wondering about cheap chicken as I eat a hell of a lot of it, gets pricey.

I am half way through the Food Inc. documentary.. It's disturbing.. even though it is filmed and talking about the USA, I'm sure it cant be that different over here in the UK.

I did buy some cheap chicken after I made this thread, I made a special trip to a supermarket for it. I'm not kidding when I say I nearly threw up after eating it, its like a different texture, tastes saltier, and it was just nasty, fell to pieces. It is a hell of a lot different to my usual local free range chicken... I will not buy cheap chicken again.

Carrying on with this documentary now. Thanks for posting the info on it.