Low carb mass shake?

Learn, share, DISCOVER. Training Table Tips & Diet Discussion
DaCookie

Low carb mass shake?

Post by DaCookie »

You know the shake in the blueprint?Well I was wondering if Rob could think of something similiar but low in carb?Or its not really possible?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Certainly is..

Heavy cream is your ticket. Goes well with just about every type of whey/casein and other protein. Natural PB too and all sorts of oils. You don't want to go too heavy on the oils. The cream though..... is perfect!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Meh cream still has quite a lot of carbs.Pretty sure im allergic to peanut butter.

I guess meat it is :S
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Not all creams... at least the one at my super market!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

As far as I recall the one I remember was like 20% carbs
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Keep searching. They really are out there. If you still can't find any, consider a local farm and explain your needs.

If still an issue, you can start with a few tablespoons of flax or other healthy oils. When I was bulking up using this diet, it was 2 cups of vegetable oil (4000K), 8 scoops of chocolate MassPro and enough water/ice to thin it out.

Pleasant? Not at all. Fit my budget though and got me from 195 to 252 in about 6 months. And no, I'm not joking. Whatever it takes...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Dang man.I might give that a go some time.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Coconut oil is a great option, and it boasts a LOT of athletic and physique enhancement properties.

I also employ lots of raw goats milk... very rich stuff. It's a delicious and a fantastically nutritious food that digests with ease and only has minimal carbs.
Big.jazayrli

Post by Big.jazayrli »

so far as i know, half and half is pretty low carb. i dunno about in mass quantities though.

heavy whipping cream is zero carb isnt it?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"heavy whipping cream is zero carb isnt it?"

I think that's it man... you got it.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Damn I checked olive oil and some corn oil.Its like pure fats.

I dont think im gaining as much as my last run cause of no carbs/less calories and for my last run I made that same shake thats in the blueprint but added even more.That makes sense you think?Im still kinda just fluctuating around 11.5 stone.

Why dont I want to go to heavy with the oils and what type do you recommend?

Yeh whatever it takes man.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

A lot of oil straight away makes for some interesting bathroom trips. Think about that oil spill in the gulf. Kind of like that. Category 5:

Devastation: Catastropic

Best to work up to it a few tablespoons at a time :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

FWIW Cookie, olive oil should be looked at as a nutritive "good fat" same as fish oil, or flax oil, or hemp oil... Organic Extra Virgin is best all around and a staple in my cooking, salads and a host of other helpful things.

As to the corn oil? I'll just say that there has not been a bottle of that stuff in my pantry for a good 15 years or more!
Simpson

Post by Simpson »

askmass wrote:FWIW Cookie, olive oil should be looked at as a nutritive "good fat" same as fish oil, or flax oil, or hemp oil... Organic Extra Virgin is best all around and a staple in my cooking, salads and a host of other helpful things.

As to the corn oil? I'll just say that there has not been a bottle of that stuff in my pantry for a good 15 years or more!
I am thinking you do not recommend canola since it is a GMO, but what about peanut or other natural oil?