BCAA's

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
loanman

BCAA's

Post by loanman »

You present two options
1 BCAA loading for maximum muscle gain
2 BCAA loading for accelerated workout recovery
This makes it seem as if to choose one of the two options. The following pages of reading though and the talk of peri-workout along with adding pineapple juice seems as though you are trying to say do both.
Thanks
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Yes, there are two options.

Of the two, BCAA loading protocol #2 seems favored by most. That's why you hear it discussed so frequently. If you have to pick, I'd say stick with BCAA protocol #2.

However, if you do decide to use protocol #1 try to arrange it such that one of those days falls on a training day. On that day, you can concentrate the amino's around the workout. Even if the training day falls outside of the stipulated 3 days of BCAA's/3 off, consider utilizing them peri-workout on that day, then periodically throughout the day as well.

A 4 on/3 off will still send the needed message to the brain and the subsequent 3 days off will be enough to mitigate any down regulation in the message the brain is receiving.

So yes, I can see where you're confused. Good question. I will make sure to clarify this in 3.0.
cyingling

Post by cyingling »

in regards to BCAAs i have ON BCAA powder, but also have Purple Intrain.. will these work for my peri?

intrain has more than BCAAs so i don't want to add anything i don't need in just the BP..

but of course whatever i use, it will be paired with pineapple juice.. do you have a suggested brand?
BrainSquirt

Post by BrainSquirt »

For quality, Rob has recommended Mass and Beverly International BCAA's in the past.

When I do BCAA loading protocols, I order the individual AA's in bulk and mix my own...

No need to avoid / waste the InTrain... it contributes leucine - which btw for some has same benefits by itself as do the standard and non standard cocktails of BCAA's (especially in the short term )
You can also always give it away or use up what you have left peri workouts during maint phase or something...

hth
Dean

Post by Dean »

question,
I still have some intrabolic at home,
can I use this as BCAA source ?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Just googled it.

This formula isn't straight BCAA's as I say no Valine (isolated, anyway). I did see hydrolyzed whey (30%) so it's present there.

Not BCAA's but certainly not a waste. I'd load up though, perhaps 2-3x the amount listed is the Beta-Alanine itches/flushing don't bother you too much...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

What do you mean by isolated valine?

Whats your opinion on this BCAA nitrate product?People on the thermolife forum said they were finding it pretty good.

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/store/vpx/power-shock.html
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Meaning I saw no separately listed L-valine in the ingredient label. Granted, I did a quick review so maybe I missed it. Just seemed odd they'd have the other two BCAA's listed but not the third.

On the PS, I think nitrates hold promise based upon the research. I struggle though, with VPX jumping on every bandwagon that comes down the pike. Joey Antonio (heads VPX or did) is a sharp cookie. However, this month it's Nitrates. Last month it was Ethyl Esthers.

Dunno. I have a bad feeling Nitrates might be old news next month. Then again, they may be a breakthrough. For my money, I'll wait it out and let the reviews speak for themselves...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Here is the label, it has L-valine

Peptobolic Response Blend™ 8,028mg
30% Hydrolyzed Whey Protein [IntrAbolic-Peptides], L-Leucine [2.5g], Arginine, L-Valine, L-Lysine HCL, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Isoleucine, L-Histidine, L-Methionine

I have about a half tub of it left.

In my experience nitrates work(cbol creatine) but we will see for my next blueprint run.Currently waiting on 2 shipments, the mass one seems to have just left irish customs so I would say it will be here on Monday/Tuesday.The other is via DHL.Estimated delivery 7-14 business days but theres no order status so cant check it.Monday should be the 11th business day.Probably just gonna start a blueprint run on Wednesday or something even if the DHL shipment doesnt arrive, just hope for the best that it will arrive soon after I start.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

As a general rule of thumb, singular and smaller clusters of amino's are best taken in the absence of whole protein, no matter the source.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Thanks DaCookie.

Guess I missed it. In any case, good to go with these BCAA/EAA products. As always, use what works best for YOU!
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Im more just trying to consider things I can use for my second/third blueprint run.Going to use the rest of intrabolic for this next run and then after that have a look at the mass pro amino and power shock.Whats one serving of the mass pro amino?How many grams?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I think it's 5g/serving (maybe 6?), 240g/bottle.

There's a new BP special that just went up that is a nice package. Significant savings if so interested in testing the MASS products out to compare:

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/phpB ... .php?t=411

Again, I take no favor. Use what works best for YOU!!