Phrogg's First BP Run

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

You can but I wouldn't recommend it.

IF it's relaxing cardio...by all means.
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

Yeah, like last night I went to the local skating rink and skated for about an hour. It was a service project through my school for helping out underpriviledged kids in my community. It was really fun giving piggie back rides and such. It kinda felt like I had a little brother. :D Anyways, diet was good.
5/6/10
meal1 (previously stated)
meal2 titan protein bar
meal3 2 whole wheat tuna wraps each with 1can of tuna and 1/2tsp of olive oil mayo. yogurt, and a small handful of almonds
meal4 shake- 1 cup milk, 1 large banana, 1 tbsp PB, 1 scoop whey, 1 yogurt
meal5 1 large yam, 2 cups cottage cheese mixed with a yogurt, 1 cap KA
meal6 1.5 cups cottage cheese,then had about 400cals worth of peanuts in the shell. Damn im addicted to shelled peanuts!

Anyways, might go on a nice jog outside today if its nice. My mother likes to run , but she goes at a slow pace...so it wont be to intense. Feeling GREAT! cant wait for the gains!!!!!!!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome work Pfrogg and good for you for doing good deeds!

Life is circular like that. A great read in this area is "The Secret". Forget the author but it's all about karma.

And you'll have loads of it in Feast... I promise :)
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

Yesterday I just played some Ultimate Frisbee with some guys at school for about 45 min. I was trying to keep it non-intense but after about 5 min my competitive spirit took over. Anyways, I feel like I am recovering from the famine quite nicely(hamstrings and thighs still kinda sore).My chest feels nice, full and ready to slam some weight. Food yesterday went a little something like this.

Meal1 1 cup oats, 1 yogurt, 1 scoop whey, 1 tbsp natty PB, handfull of prunes, 1 cap KA
meal2 Protein Bar
Meal3 Organic turkey lunchmeat on sprouted WW bread, with roasted red pepper hummus. , Handful of carrots, and a muscle milk RTD. ( I picked up 5, 4 packs of muscle milk rtds for $2 each.)
Meal4 Protien Bar
meal5 Fruit and whey smoothie, 1 cap KA
meal6 1 large yam, 2 chicken breasts, Finished it off with snacking on some trail mix.

Only thing to report yet body changing wise....My crap is greener than EVER! Kinda weird, I know. Anyways bout to head off to work.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Appreciate the poop update :)
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

Alright yesterdays diet was about the same until dinner.

Dinner was some mar far chicken and fried shrimp, and some of my moms thai BBQ chicken. Then I went and had a pint of Ben and Jerrys peanut butter cup icecream. (1pint=1500 cals) Anyways, lets just say I gained back all the weight I lost in famine phase.

start weight-147
end of famine-143
5/8/10(post ben and Jerrys)-148

Anyways about to head off for the first HIT workout. Wish me luck!
Phrogg

5/9/10

Post by Phrogg »

Bench- 4 warmup sets

working set- 155x10- (last 2 were assisted) , DB Pullovers- 55lb DBx10 reps

EDT zone 1 (2 min rest in between sets)15 min total

DB incline(50lb DBs) / T bar rows (chest rested) 70lbs

Set1- 6/6
Set2- 6/6
Set3-6/6
set4- 6/6
set5- 6/6
set6- 10/7

I think I should have used more weight on both excercises

Squats (4 warmups)

Working set - 255x10, SLDL on platform- 185x9

Ok right here I was about to pass out...I think my heartrate was about 205...crazy

After 5 min break

EDT zone 2 (15 min total)
Didnt have leg sled so I did romanian DL with leg extensions

DL- 235/Leg Ext-180

set1- 6/6
set2-6/6
set3-6/6
set4-All i had here- 10/10

I had 1 cap KA pre workout and post.

I sipped on 2 scoops waximaize, and 1 scoop whey with added BCAAs
and finished my las sip after my last set

Damn this tired me out, but I feel good.

Rob, I was wondering if I could supplement these workouts with say...abs/traps/calves/forearms/cardio on one of my 2 off days?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Awesome work Phrogg!

The additional work I'm a little wary of. Personally, I'd forgo it only b/c it can do more harm than good, especially for hardgainers.

Suggest tabling it for now.

GREAT job getting bodyweight traction going. It's just going up from here..

ROB
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

I know they arnt listed as supplements to use in BP but could I use a pre workout NO booster? I have some left over packets of cellucor m5 extreme v2. Cellucor makes quality stuff and I like the product.
SudburyBaller

Post by SudburyBaller »

Good job man, wish I was in feast mode. Lol.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

NO boosters are fine but I wouldn't use in place of a peri-workout drink if you're in an either/or spot.

You'll note in The Blueprint I cite MOST isolated amino's I feel are a waste...with the exception of GABA and some Arginine derivatives. That latter point is a reference to some NO products, which I feel are of some value (Nitro AKG, for example). Cellucor in yours.

As I've ALWAYS said.... use what works for YOU! Especially if you have some laying around :)
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

sounds good, thanks rob!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

My pleasure :)
Phrogg

Post by Phrogg »

am I supposed to be really sore? I only did rows for my back and my lats are pretty sore.