Shoulder Rehab

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ideally, 3x per week. However, feel free to add recovery days (you'll likely need to as it gets heavy FAST). Consult The Blueprint Periodic on page 60. Also, take a look at the spreadsheet link on the last page for the # of "red zone" workouts this loading pattern uses!

No worries on the EDT being performed. Just ensure progression by packing as many reps into each EDT block as you can.
PushingTheLimit

Post by PushingTheLimit »

I can do that. Also I need advice on another thing. Before I go up any more weight on my squats I think I really need to improve the "cradle" or area I rest the bar on. As I am lifting heavier the bar digs deeper into that area and leaves some nasty bruising. I have a feeling that is going to inhibit future gains as it becomes increasingly painful and unstable to rest the bar.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Couple of options here..

You can experiment with carrying the bar lower on your back. Failing that.. wrap a towel or piece of foam around the bar. That'll usually take care of it. A manta ray device will also distribute the weight more evenly..

https://www.qfac.com/gear/mantaray.html

Take note though... it also causes you to carry the bar higher up on your back..changing the leverage point.
PushingTheLimit

Whats the best exercises to build the "cradle"? Just a little something I can throw into my workouts to improve that area so I can load more weight on the bar.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Without question, the barbell shrug. 3 sets of 20, 15 and 10 reps with progressively heavier weights.

Every third workout, perform a top range rack pull. Top range as I define it is the very top 1-2" of the movement. Insert loading pins just before lockout, load that sucker up and pull it off the pins. You can either hold statically for a count of 5 seconds or go for singles, doubles and triples.

This is an absolutely fantastic exercise for the upper back, traps, lower back, glutes, hams all the way down to your calves. Works the entire body but in particular.... the backside.
PushingTheLimit

Alright I will throw that into my workouts. I am wanting to squat 400lbs in the future and I need that area developed to hold that kind of weight.

I will begin the workout you have described this week minus the legs to let them rest. I will combine it will my crossfit and circuit training for an all around package. I am excited to lift again. I am going to be crazy sore. haha

Are we going to play with this workout and gauge progression on how my shoulder feels? or is it a set time and then we will change it up?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

We're going to play with it awhile to see how shoulder feels. From there, I have some other ideas but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it..

Good going PTL!
PushingTheLimit

Alright. Thanks again for all the help.
PushingTheLimit

Workout went great today. I have really missed lifting. Felt good and shoulder is feeling good as of now. True test is to see how it feels tomorrow
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

:)
PushingTheLimit

A little tender but better than usual after using it like I did yesterday.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Good to hear!
PushingTheLimit

My back is beyond sore right now. :) It hurts to breath sometimes. It have been way to long since I have lifted.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Sore in a good way, I hope? Sounds like it!