MSR9889 2nd Run Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

I am not a sleep expert but it could be possible you are sleeping too much? Either that or the time you do wake up is during a REM interval. That is often why you feel groggy in the morning after an otherwise normal night of sleep.. I think.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Well, step in the right direction as I see it.

The key here really is getting a rhythm down. I know that sounds odd but here's how it goes for me..

I usually retire around 8 PM. I take my Adaptogen N plus ZMA and hit the sleep machine. This is a recording of ocean waves, birds chirping and other soothing sounds. The birds drive me nuts. I hate them and they aggravate me.

I then read. This does the trick nicely. Works every time. Ideally, you want to read something really boring. Work/school related stuff usually fits the bill.

The one caveat is missing the Adaptogen N/melatonin peak. Once that crests I hit the lights and roll over (I'm a stomach sleeper).

Works every time..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

well, i woke up early again
before breakfast i took 1.5 scoops recoverpro with 1 tbsp gatorade
breakfast was amazing. 2 egg and cheese biscuits, a pancake with apple topping, mini potato pancakes, and a chocolate peanut butter bar with KA. roughly 1500 calories.
preworkout took a packet of body mortar (120 cals, sugar and 4:1:1 bcaas and 2g glutamine)
intra drank evolution x10 and took KA
pwo was another packet of body mortar
ended up going nuts for dinner. had half a bag of pretzels and some boneless chicken wings.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

i did chest today but was really weak and tired. had no motivation whatsoever.

bench- 100x10, 100x10, 150x6, 155x6, 155x6, 155x6
DB row- 30x10, 50x6, 50x6, 50x6, 50x6
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Is the diet wearing you down, or is it the sleep?

Just curious. At least you're transitioning now to Cruise. It's designed for a mental/physical downshift, although I wouldn't be surprised if you kept making gains..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:Is the diet wearing you down, or is it the sleep?

Just curious. At least you're transitioning now to Cruise. It's designed for a mental/physical downshift, although I wouldn't be surprised if you kept making gains..
i think its just the sleep issue. ive felt terrible all day.
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

ive decided to eat at maintenance until i start feeling better again. last night i went nuts and just ate a bunch of food because i figured it would make me feel a little better.

breakfast today was 8 eggs over hard and 5 turkey sausage links with KA
snack was 2 scoops whey and 2 tbsp nat peanut butter
dinner was 3 turkey burgers, boneless buffalo chicken tenders with some lettuce and tomato and chipotle sauce, and a cookie with KA
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

That's a good plan. Exactly what I'd do. In one week you'll know for sure..

Good move!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

ambien didnt seem to kick in last night, got about 7.5 hours of sleep. im going to save my second EC dose for preworkout.

before breakfast i took EC
breakfast was 8 eggs and 4 slices of american
lunch was a few boneless chicken strips with chipotle and buffalo sauce
pwo was 1 scoop whey and 2 tbsp peanut butter
dinner was 2 grilled chicken breasts
after dinner i had some buffalo strips and chipotle and buffalo sauce
before bed was 2 tbsp peanut butter and 1 scoop casein
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

Little tired but too 20/200 EC preworkout.

Squat- 95x5, 135x5, 205x6, 205x6, 205x6, 210x6

I had a really strong pump in my legs which made it harder to push off at the bottom of the squat. It also bothered my knee a lot. I was very flexible when stretching though and my inner groin wasnt bothering me like it normally does during squats.

I dont know if it was because I was tired, or because Ive been dieting, but this workout seemed a little too hard. However my last set, 210, was easier than my 3rd set of 205. Maybe I just wasnt warmed up enough, maybe it was the pump. Im starting to think I should stop dieting since I would now rather put on more strength than lose weight. I wont have a 6-pack in 3.5 weeks anyways. Any issues in switching things up?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

No issues switching it up. May be just want you need..

Anything in particular/new goal you'd like to pursue? Let me know and I'll figure something out!
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:No issues switching it up. May be just want you need..

Anything in particular/new goal you'd like to pursue? Let me know and I'll figure something out!
my main focus is chest strength as well as continuing to increase my squat.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK, I would run out this 5x5 on maintenance calories until you feel ready to do something. That something will either be famine again or move into something a bit different.

I've got that something a bit different qued up in my head so just let me know what direction you want to go in and I'll deliver it..
MSR9889

Post by MSR9889 »

RobRegish wrote:OK, I would run out this 5x5 on maintenance calories until you feel ready to do something. That something will either be famine again or move into something a bit different.

I've got that something a bit different qued up in my head so just let me know what direction you want to go in and I'll deliver it..
5x5 with 80 or 85% of my 1RM?