Adderall during famine?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Ha ha.

Fish has scales (at least a filter for waste products). Lobster/crustacions do not.

BIG difference..
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Meat sweats is when you are just so stuffed and light headed from all the food in your stomach. I often find myself rolling around at night because I cant sleep.

I don't know that I fully believe that fish isnt a good source of protein. I think that eating fish at the very minimum gets you a lot of your Omega 3's and healthy fats. The protein is just a bonus.

I think tomorrow for breakfast I am going to go to this 24 hour diner round the corner and pig out on protein.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

Hank! wrote:My name is on the wall at Shulas steak house in Miami Lakes, choked down a 48oz Porter House, i didnt have meat sweats i dont think but i wasnt right physically for a few days after that

Rob wrote in the BP that fish isnt the greatest source of protein for people but i think being that he lives up in Mass he probably ate too much lobster in his youth and now hates fish(wild guess)
A 48 ounce porter... wow, that's some man sized eating!

I used to eat steak 4-5 nights a week, and lots of other red meat. Did it for many years, two decades... I haven't for a long time, however, and I think I'm better for it.

I have steak/red meat 1-3 times per week now, venison maybe once and mostly stick to chicken and fish, and eggs (sunny side up, or boiled for salads, etc.), and MASS PRO smoothies using real Goats milk from Split Creek Farm up your way, Hank.

I know that Rob discounts things like canned tuna, and I won't argue that, but a varied protein diet rich in quality, fresh fish is personally essential to me. There is a world of difference in crap grade canned tuna verses ultra-fresh, premium grade Sashimi tuna and salmon in my estimation.

I understand that Sushi isn't everyones love, and I would never totally eliminate red meat, to be clear. I don't think pan fried trout is a better muscle builder than steak, but you could do far worse and in my diet it has it's place.
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

I hear you John, I have red meat 2x a week usually a (love me some flank steak) on Sundays not for any reason other than it just works out that way. During the week typically chicken or ground turkey where i try to buy organic (just watch Food Inc) . I like fish but I wont eat farm raised fish. Occasionally Whole Foods runs Wild Salmon on sale which i like but the kids dont..plus the lil boogers don't like Happy Cow milk because you have to shake it. We load up on Organic baby spinach from Costco, and fresh veggies from local farms. I try to get quality protein from food sources but do supplement for convenience.
It is a sad day when we have to scrutinize everything we eat simply because profits mean more than health/safety and nutrition
dracotdrgn

Post by dracotdrgn »

For my first weekend after my third famine......had a package of four chop steaks so made chicken fried steak and eggs for my 1st breakfast with toast. Ate two of the steaks, don't remeber lunch but had a sirloin for dinner, ate the other two steaks with three eggs and toast for breaqkfast #2 lunch is a blur then fillet mignon for dinner. I was always eating and snacking but had lost six pounds over my famine then gained 5 in those two days of over-eating. I know that's a little overboard but hey.......i love dead red meat!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

"There is a world of difference in crap grade canned tuna verses ultra-fresh, premium grade Sashimi tuna and salmon in my estimation."

Totally agree. I probably was too harsh on fish in BP. At the time, I saw a LOT of people eating tuna due to the skyrocketing milk/whey prices at the time...
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Yeah, I think fish is great when you can get it relatively fresh. Canned Tuna obviously isnt the greatest source for it but if you have to make a choice and you are in a pinch its a quick simple and tasty snack or meal depending on how you prepare it.