Are you in a state of perpetual hibernation? PLEASE READ!!!!

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
inposition

Post by inposition »

RobRegish wrote:Curious, what's the other stuff you're taking?

Solid question for Matter, I wanted to know too...
Just started Synthagen, progenadrex, karbolyn, and adaptagen N 1 week ago. Gaba, Taurine, and Biotin about 2 weeks before that.

Ordered some betaine, Niacinamide, and niacin, which I'm going to add to the mix when they get here.

Have been taking:

Curcumin
DHEA + triazole (switching to DIM as soon as it comes in the mail)
Status
VigRx
Legion Supplement's Triumph Multivitamin, Pulse (pre-workout), Recharge (post-workout), and Phoenix (for fat loss). (https://legionsupplements.com/)
Spirulina
Suppmenet RX Joint Health (Glucosamine HCI & Chondroitin Sulfate, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, L-Cysteine, Green Shell MusselHyaluronic Acid, N-Acetyl Cysteine, and L-Glutathione)
Calcium
Alpha-GPC
Probiotic-10
Melatonin
Potassium
Yohimbine HCI
Glucosamine
Emergen-C
Suma, but will probably stop soon because it's 4:1
Creatine
BCAA's or Leucine
Fish oil and coconut oil

I have Kre-Anabolyn and ABE, as well as some other things on the shelf, but don't take them right now.

Thoughts on those?
inposition

Post by inposition »

PS. I used to only sleep 4-5 hours a night. Now, I'm trying for 8. When I have trouble getting to sleep, I back off the training.
thicketman

Post by thicketman »

inposition wrote:Just started Synthagen, progenadrex, karbolyn, and adaptagen N 1 week ago. Gaba, Taurine, and Biotin about 2 weeks before that.

Ordered some betaine, Niacinamide, and niacin, which I'm going to add to the mix when they get here.

Have been taking:

Curcumin
DHEA + triazole (switching to DIM as soon as it comes in the mail)
Status
VigRx
Legion Supplement's Triumph Multivitamin, Pulse (pre-workout), Recharge (post-workout), and Phoenix (for fat loss). (https://legionsupplements.com/)
Spirulina
Suppmenet RX Joint Health (Glucosamine HCI & Chondroitin Sulfate, N-Acetyl Glucosamine, L-Cysteine, Green Shell MusselHyaluronic Acid, N-Acetyl Cysteine, and L-Glutathione)
Calcium
Alpha-GPC
Probiotic-10
Melatonin
Potassium
Yohimbine HCI
Glucosamine
Emergen-C
Suma, but will probably stop soon because it's 4:1
Creatine
BCAA's or Leucine
Fish oil and coconut oil
A minimalist I see...
inposition

Post by inposition »

thicketman wrote: A minimalist I see...
lol, I guess so
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

thicketman...

Curcumin may have something to do with it, but anti-inflammatory effects only lasts a few hours IMO. Never got much out of glucosamine/chondroiten etc., but perhaps I wasn't dosing high enough

Much more likely due to daily Synthagen use, IMO. That all but eradicates any pain/inflammation I'm in, and such has been reported over and over - from day 1 it debuted.

I have bicep tendonitis/same with my elbow and tricep. Off Mass Pro Synthagen, I can't complete my workout and the pain lasts until my next session, even with physical therapy.

When on I'm it though, I can do 1 arm pushups with a DB held behind my back, all with no performance drop off. Off days and taking 3 caps of MPS, 3x's/day with my biggest meals, it feels like a million bucks... ;-)
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

inposition wrote:Matt,

Thanks for the post. Very informative and helpful.

I started taking Vitamin D/K2 is high amounts a few months ago and all my lingering aches and pains are now gone. I seem to recover better, and I think my testosterone is up. I don't know if it was the D/K2 for sure because I also started taking a bunch of other stuff, including magnesium; however, I'm almost certain the D/K2 has helped.

One note, I've heard and read that in addition to K2, you should take vitamin A when you're taking high amounts of vitamin D. My understand is that you’re gonna wanna be close to a 1:1 to a 2:1 ratio of vitamin A to vitamin D. Ben Greenfield, for one, talks about this.

What are your thoughts on including vitamin A with this vitamin D?
Here's an excellent, but long explanation and article with various studies, etc talking about A to D ratios, etc...basically A is only toxic when Vitamin D is deficient. Even with only 1,000 IU of Vitamin D, the toxicity level of Vitamin A is raised by 175,000 IU's...

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... is/#table3

I've read that the optimal A to D ratio is nearer 5:1 as it is found in natural things like fermented cod liver oil...but I think its up for debate because they are just not 100% sure. A few mistakenly think that Vitamin A and D compete for the same receptor but I believe this has been shown to be false...

It has been shown that Vitamin A is needed in sufficient quantities for a specific form called 9-cis to be available for Vitamin D as it works in conjunction with helping it bind to the receptor site and without sufficient quantities of that specific Vitamin A analog, it cannot do its job properly...

Yes I have noticed the same thing! I had a long term forearm tendonitis issue where certain movements like overhand pullups would really bother it---been going on for almost 2 years now in some severity or another and its all but gone since I've been on this...

Magnesium is definitely a key player in all of this as well---4th most abundant mineral in the body and tends to get used up under stressful situations very quickly by the adrenals and is needed to basically "slap" calmodulin and tell it to get out of where its not supposed to be...its also used up much quicker with high Vitamin D intake as its utilized in a lot of different enzymatic reactions that take place as well...

However, people with adrenal fatigue are going to want to supplement with sodium and Vitamin C as well, as magnesium causes sodium to be used up...without enough sodium, the adrenals will kick into overdrive producing Aldosterone to try and hold onto the sodium, thereby causing more fatigue instead of helping them...

Sodium Bicarbonate(good ole baking soda) and Magnesium Oil(Magnesium Chloride) are considered pretty miraculous when taken together by quite a few people from what I am reading...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

RobRegish wrote:thicketman...

Curcumin may have something to do with it, but anti-inflammatory effects only lasts a few hours IMO. Never got much out of glucosamine/chondroiten etc., but perhaps I wasn't dosing high enough

Much more likely due to daily Synthagen use, IMO. That all but eradicates any pain/inflammation I'm in, and such has been reported over and over - from day 1 it debuted.

I have bicep tendonitis/same with my elbow and tricep. Off Mass Pro Synthagen, I can't complete my workout and the pain lasts until my next session, even with physical therapy.

When on I'm it though, I can do 1 arm pushups with a DB held behind my back, all with no performance drop off. Off days and taking 3 caps of MPS, 3x's/day with my biggest meals, it feels like a million bucks... ;-)
Its very interesting what they've found out with Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Its effects don't actually have anything to do with the cartilege per say, but in acting as a binder to substances from things like wheat lectins that attack the cartilege...

Lectins are the defense mechanisms wheat other crops use against fungus by attacking their cell membranes, specifically N-acetyl-D-glucosamine..unfortunately our cells have the same thing in them, so in effect the glucosamine and chondroitin simply act as an attachment point for these lectins and are then swept out of the body before they can attack our cells...basically it binds to harmful things in our bodies and prevents them from damaging us. However, if you don;t eat things that contain lectins in them routinely you likely won't have much in the way of results
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

I'd also highly advise the use of Magnesium Chloride/Magnesium Oil as you apply it transdermally and it gets into your body at a cellular level thereby avoiding the intestines altogether...

Magnesium cannot be absorbed at a high enough rate orally to supply with the amounts we need, especially when working out or under stress...it will cause loose stools/diarrhea before enough can be taken and will be flushed out of your body

Its no coincidence the highest concentrations of magnesium are found in the oceans and "Salt Seas" like the Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea...we were meant to absorb it through our skin...
inposition

Post by inposition »

matter2003 wrote:
Sodium Bicarbonate(good ole baking soda) and Magnesium Oil(Magnesium Chloride) are considered pretty miraculous when taken together by quite a few people from what I am reading...
That's interesting. I was just reading today how Sodium Bicarbonate can help as a pre-workout (https://suppversity.blogspot.com/2013/10 ... ength.html)
inposition

Post by inposition »

matter2003 wrote:I'd also highly advise the use of Magnesium Chloride/Magnesium Oil as you apply it transdermally and it gets into your body at a cellular level thereby avoiding the intestines altogether...

Magnesium cannot be absorbed at a high enough rate orally to supply with the amounts we need, especially when working out or under stress...it will cause loose stools/diarrhea before enough can be taken and will be flushed out of your body

Its no coincidence the highest concentrations of magnesium are found in the oceans and "Salt Seas" like the Great Salt Lake and the Dead Sea...we were meant to absorb it through our skin...
Hi. Not sure if you knew this also, but transdermal magnesium (chloride/oil) has recently been shown to SIGNIFICANTLY boost DHEA naturally.
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

inposition wrote:
matter2003 wrote:I'd also highly advise the use of Magnesium Chloride/Magnesium Oil as you apply it transdermally and it gets into your body at a cellular level thereby avoiding the intestines altogether...

Hi. Not sure if you knew this also, but transdermal magnesium (chloride/oil) has recently been shown to SIGNIFICANTLY boost DHEA naturally.
Didn't see but not surprising with as many things that depend on it as a catalyst...

Feeling really good overall but I am feeling what I believe are bone remodeling effects that are pretty uncomfortable to be honest...feels like a dull bone ache...funny thing is its right in my left pelvis/hip area that is constantly tilting out of place and having to be put back in place by chiro...from what I've read usually lasts a fee weeks or so...hopefully not much longer, this shit is not fun, lol...

Also noticed my resting heart rate is much lower...in the 50s and 60s instead of high 70s and 80s...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

HOLY DETOX BATMAN!!

A few days ago I sprayed myself with magnesium oil before my shower, and after I showered it off, noticed 3 huge red splotches on my arm, and my entire torso from right below my nipples down to under my belly button had turned bright pink and itchy...

Figuring this was a detox reaction, as I read more about it I found the following interesting blurb:

"Magnesium oil may cause a detoxification reaction in some people resulting in irritation and redness. This happens most frequently in people who have amalgam fillings or rosacea. It usually doesn't last long, one to two weeks, but could be reduced by taking bentonite clay or something else that binds to these toxins"

Still dealing with mercury after all this time...those motherfuckers...
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Way more than likely the shower water irritants imo...
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

DaCookie wrote:Way more than likely the shower water irritants imo...
Possibly I guess, but I started feeling itchy before getting in the shower and it had never happened to that degree before...

I diluted the magnesium oil 1:1 with distilled water and it hasn't happened again, although some areas turned light pink...