Study: Curcumin just as effective antidepressant as Prozac

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
RobRegish

Study: Curcumin just as effective antidepressant as Prozac

Post by RobRegish »

"People suffering from depression who take 1000 mg a day of a curcumin-rich extract of Curcuma longa react just as well as they do to a standard dose of 20 mg fluoxetine, the active ingredient in Prozac. Pharmacologists at Government Medical College Bhavnagar in India have written about this in Phytotherapy Research....."

I found this part of the article most interesting, given TranQuilogen optimizes dopamine/serotonin via Rhodiola, 5-HTP etc..

"Curcumin inhibits the enzyme monoamine oxidase in the brain. Monoamine oxidase neutralises neurotransmitters, and administration of curcumin therefore boosts the concentration of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenalin in the brain. [Eur J Pharmacol. 2005 Jul 25;518(1):40-6.]..."

MORE AT THE JUMP:

https://www.ergo-log.com/curcumin-just-a ... study.html
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

The more you study the wide reaching positives of TranQuilogen, the more and more sense it makes to incorporate it into your life.

https://www.TranQuliogen.com

Reports are flooding in already of as little as a few caps a WEEK delivering dramatic results for people of all walks.
jimbo79

Post by jimbo79 »

What are the risk of taking Tranquilogen alone or with Adaptogen N and then take alcohol with it since then you have lots of substances working on GABA receptor activation plus MAO inhibition?

I rarely drink alcohol cause my body doesn't like it but I'm sure some people taking your products will get drunk every now and then.

What about 2 or 3 beers is ok or will side effects kick in hard already?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

I'd think if anything, AN/KA/MPS or TQ would help you. Here's why: Liver protection/benefits to bloodflow (especially coronary).

The RCE in MPS/KA is well known to benefit the liver. Ditto for the Curcumin and Rhodiola in TQ. We don't talk about this much, but there are more than a few reports of MPS/Burn It Up! helping with hangovers (due to the PeakATP content).

With respect to AN, trib is LOADED with saponins which undeniably improve bloodflow - especially to the heart. In fact, if you really study the literature on trib, most of it is in treating coronary disease. You know how it improves bloodflow for erections? Well, that isn't just going on below the belt!

None of this of course, is a license to drink (or drink more). No question that hurts your performance. Still, I understand your point - people are going to indulge. The adaptogens in these product will only benefit you, IMO.

My $.05... :-)
jimbo79

Post by jimbo79 »

This forum is an awesome place of valuable info. 8)

Keep up being awesome in the future as well.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

I saw this on ergo log not so long ago as well, I'm half tempted to get some of this particular extract and see how it goes. I'm on medication similar to prozac right now.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

jimbo79 wrote:This forum is an awesome place of valuable info. 8)

Keep up being awesome in the future as well.
Bumping this noteworthy thread to mention the new Twin Pack TranQuilogen Special at https://askmass.securesites.net/secure/order.dat and to concur with you, Jimbo. The members make the collective so strong.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

beefcake66 wrote:I saw this on ergo log not so long ago as well, I'm half tempted to get some of this particular extract and see how it goes. I'm on medication similar to prozac right now.
Follow up on this; I quit the medication a few months back and have been trying out tranquilogen for the past 3 weeks or so. I notice no difference with or without it. But I'm on of those chemically imbalanced people that require medication to function like a normal human being, and it would be unfair to assume that tranquilogen alone can fix me.

As I'm feeling no mental/physical effects from TQ... is it still worth taking?

How much curcumin is in TQ? How many caps would it take to reach the levels in the study referenced on ergo-log?
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

334mg/cap.

Try 3 caps, 5 days on/2 days off.
beefcake66

Post by beefcake66 »

RobRegish wrote:334mg/cap.

Try 3 caps, 5 days on/2 days off.
Alright, 3 mon-fri, lets see how she goes!