TF's Blueprint Log

Unfiltered Tips & Techniques centered around Blueprint Training
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Man, I kinda screwed up today... I forgot my workout template at home, and had to guesstimate instead... I kinda missed it pretty bad on the bench, I got the reps right but the weights wrong :x .... squats were closer to right...

bench

What I did...... What I was supposed to do

135x10...... 135x10
170x8...... 200x8
200x6...... 215x6
225x4...... 235x4
245x2...... 245x2
265x2 (had to have a little help on the last one :evil: )...... 265x2

Pretty pissed I missed it this bad.... and still didnt get 2 clean on my last set :evil: :evil: :evil: ....

squat
Did...... Should've did

175x10...... 175x10
235x8...... 255x8
270x6...... 270x6
295x4...... 295x4
320x2...... 315x2
340x2...... 340x2

Like I said, got pretty close on the squats.... and got all my reps... Not sure what happened on bench, seriously figured i was gonna get 265 2x w/no problems, just didnt happen.... :? But no worries 8) ....

Finished the bench off w/pullovers 85x12 for 1 set... SLDL after squats, 270x10 for 1 set... Then some shoulders super setted with pullups/pulldowns...

wide grip pull ups 13
standing military 135x7
pull downs 170x10
S.M 135x7
P.D 170x10
S.M 135x7
P.D 170x10
S.M 135x10

I'm gonna go with 2 days off in between the last 2 workouts of GLP#1... So Sat., and Tue's will be my next workout days... Then whatever our good friend Rob has for me, I will finish out the feast with that.. I have 26 days worth the E and tbol trib left....
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

nice Turbo

Whats your weight now ?
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Hank! wrote:nice Turbo

Whats your weight now ?
Just checked it.... 198
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Wow man i bet your getting pretty lean and your stronger..BP works no doubt
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK that's actually right on schedule, here's why....

Remember I said "don't be concerned if you miss a few reps here or there on this program"? Well, there it is. Happens to me on this workout too quite frequently. Plus, from what I can tell you only needed an assist on the last rep? That's not bad at all.. No change on the squats as it looks like you nailed your squats (and then some:))

Now, couple of suggestions. Next workout is the de-load so remember...it's only 5 sets, not 6. This is key! Limit yourself to those 5 sets. Another suggestion: add 3-5 minutes to however long you're resting in between sets. As these weights get heavier, it takes a bit longer for the CNS to recover between sets.

Finally, you were wise to insert the extra rest days! Going to the 2 off is a VERY smart move.

Now this is going to be important: You do need to bump up the carbs/calories a bit over the next week leading into max day. Your bodyweight of 198 has moved in the right direction but ideally I'd like to see the 200lb base. Having said that your strength gained/bodyweight ratio is astounding.

Job well done and your 1RM will be there on workout 6!!
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

yes, only needed assistance on the last rep of bench workout... I was/am VERY happy with squats, I really seem to be excelling there 8) ...

I've already been trying to get in more cals/carbs and protien, but I will try to get even more in, I've been trying to get atleast in the ballpark of 3500 a day...

And yes, for no more than my weight has come up, the amount of strength I've gained is INSANE... ecspecially on squats.. I'm looking lean and feeling great.. When I burn off the little bit if fat on my lower stomach, I'll look pretty shredded.. I'd guess my BF @ around 13% right now..

Well I'm heading to the supermarket to get some more grub..... got to get to 2hundy+
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

Alright heres my update for saturdays workout.. Everything went pretty good, I did miss my last rep, of my last set again on bench... Squats felt VERY strong though and I got all reps quiet easily 8) ...

I've been eating a TON.. still just a shade under 200, gonna keep shoveling in the calories and carbs..

bench

135x10
200x8
225x6
240x4
260x2( I almost had this on my own, spotter had to balance the bar just alittle on the way up, he barely even touched it)

Did DB pullovers right after bench
80x15

squat

175x10
265x8
285x6
305x4
330x2

After bench and squat, I set 315 up in the squat rack, I set it to where I would have to push it about 3-4 inches to lock it out on the flat bench.... I pressed it 4x, then held it for about 5 secs a couple inches from locking it out. I did this 2x... Didnt want to do TO much, just thought it might help when I max on tuesday, since 275 is the most I've ever been under on bench....

I know its just a mind thing, but new weights on bench have a tendency to pyshic me out :roll:
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

OK good going..

Looks like you got the de-load right. Key now will be timing.. meaning at least 2, perhaps 3 days of rest and then MAX! You may need that extra day, due to the partial/static work you did at the end. Play it by ear..

Do take care to add an extra 3-5 minutes of rest between sets the final max workout. Doing so can only benefit you for CNS recovery. And with regard to the psychological block, mentally rehearse 280, 285 and even 290 in your mind, many times. Where the mind goes the body will follow..

The squats sound like they're already there :) Nice work Turbo. Superb, in fact :)
TURBOFLEX

Post by TURBOFLEX »

well, here we go.. went in to max today... I started with bench as usual.. used the perscribed chart for warm up, I felt very strong working my way threw the warmup... took my time, and got plenty of rest in between sets..

Threw on 285.. got prepared to lift.... brought the weight to my chest slow and steady, slightly lost form pressing the weight back off my chest.. my spotter slightly pushed the bar forward to correct it.. he didnt touch the bottom of the bar, he DID have to lightly push my right side back over my chest.. he BARELY touched it.. I may have got it without him touching it... either way he did, and it doesnt matter how, why, or where if the spotter makes contact with the bar, it's not a clean press..
unfortunately I can not claim 285 just yet... I did not get a chance to try it again this go around, I had to let a couple guys that had been waiting take the bench, and I moved on to squats...

Squats have been where I've felt that I've improved the most on.. I worked my way threw the warmup leading to the max feeling strong and confident.. The workout called for 375, I put on 385... I nailed it VERY easily 8) ... I rested for 5+ min and jumped to 405.. Went to parallel.. got a little cocky, and went a couple inches deeper.... went to stand back up... knees buckled in, and the weight slammed down on the saftey rack..

shook it off, cleaned the bar, and finished off doing some bis and tris.. Not sure what my bench max is, although i know I'm stronger than I've ever been on it.. My squats have made a tremendous jump!! Before i started the BP the most I ever squated for 1 rep was 330, today I got 385!! WOW!! just WOW!!! VERY pleased with my new max, and I got it easily!! Most I had ever benched prior was 265, now I can get at the very least 275!! This been a HUGE sucsess thus far!! And the best part is I know I have so much more to gain!!

Rob,I cant wait to see what you have for me to finish out the feast with, I just want to thank you so much for all the help and support you have provided thus far.. And to think we have only BARELY scratched the serface of whats to come.. I'm gonna be around here for a LONG time.. The BP will FOREVER be outline of my training regimen from now on...
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Stunning success. Just stunning... I'd give you 285 on bench but understand what you're saying. New PR there either way.

And +55lbs on Squats? That has to be a new record! FANTASTIC work..

The pleasure is all mine. Really is and does my heart good. YOU did the work though. I just supplied the information.

We're going to transition now back to HIT/one set to failure type training for the remainder of Feast. Since you're coming off of a new 1RM, consider using a weight that puts you into the 8-10 rep range again for one all out set to failure and supplement with some EDT PR zones. I'll be happy to write those out for you if you'd like.

Transitioning back to HIT will again swing the adaptation curve in your favor. Ultimately, we slide into Cruise with yet another change, 5 x 5. I wouldn't be surprised though, if you squeeze out a few new 1RM's via HIT in this Feast phase.

So happy for you :)
Hank!

Post by Hank! »

Turby I wish you were in Greenville we'd both be benching 300lbs by May 1
beachpirate

Post by beachpirate »

Excellent work Turbo. Congrats on the PB's.
sovabrat

Post by sovabrat »

Nice progress man. I hope I get 3/4 the gains you have experienced. I have no idea what my real 1RM are right now so im so excited to get out of this famine phase and start working towards that. Keep up the good work.
mars88

Post by mars88 »

Great work, a 55lb increase? RIDICULOUS! I dont think even a newbie gains come that well! Question in regards to your weight tho i notice its not going up now is that just because your eating at or below maintenance? Most other logs ive seen they were at least 10 pounds heavier mostly lean mass but obviously this is going to be the result of diet so sorry if i missed it but are you eating at maintenance, below or above?