MPS/AN Cycling

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
DaGymWarrior

MPS/AN Cycling

Post by DaGymWarrior »

I am currently taking:
MPS: 15 on workout days ; 9 on off days
AN: 2 prior to bed Mon-Fri.

My questions are:
1) How long can I stay on this cycle, before going off of AN?
2) What is the minimal amount of time I should cycle off of AN? 2 weeks?
3) Should I completely cycle off of MPS as well? Or is there an acceptable minimal dose I can maintain year-round?

My goal is to make slow-and-steady progress in the gym (working out 2-3 times a week), and deload when necessary (once every 4-5 weeks). I loved the BP runs (especially the customized plan from Rob), but I found that I was over-extending myself. The MPS and KA tends to "prop" me up, and I have a hard time holding back. I would make awesome gains and feel unstoppable in the gym for 6-8 weeks... but then I would come crashing down and feel like crap for 2-4 weeks! I think I fried my CNS. It definitely does not help that I have 2 young kids and get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Oh yeah, I am 41 years old and about 185lb (5'8").

Thanks in advance
RobRegish

Re: MPS/AN Cycling

Post by RobRegish »

DaGymWarrior wrote:I am currently taking:
MPS: 15 on workout days ; 9 on off days
AN: 2 prior to bed Mon-Fri.

My questions are:
3) Should I completely cycle off of MPS as well? Or is there an acceptable minimal dose I can maintain year-round?

My goal is to make slow-and-steady progress in the gym (working out 2-3 times a week), and deload when necessary (once every 4-5 weeks). I loved the BP runs (especially the customized plan from Rob), but I found that I was over-extending myself. The MPS and KA tends to "prop" me up, and I have a hard time holding back. I would make awesome gains and feel unstoppable in the gym for 6-8 weeks... but then I would come crashing down and feel like crap for 2-4 weeks! I think I fried my CNS. It definitely does not help that I have 2 young kids and get about 5-6 hours of sleep a night. Oh yeah, I am 41 years old and about 185lb (5'8").

Thanks in advance
This is a great question and frankly, I'm astounded you've been able to make gains like this sleeping just 5-6 hours/night and age 41! Speaks to your hard work first and foremost, but you bring up another valid point...

MPS either alone or stacked with KA/AN do tend to make you feel like Superman, especially in the recovery department. AskMass and I joked we should put a warning label on MPS, about not over-training. You just feel like you can train so much more frequently/productively on the stuff. That being said, let's get to your questions...

A. The 5 day on/2 off AN cycle can be run for a LONG time. In my experience, I've stayed on it for 18 weeks before taking a break. I had 3 bottles, and each lasts 6 weeks or so with that dosing scheme. That was my longest run. Shortest productive run is 3 weeks daily IMO.

So 3 weeks minimum at max dose or up to 18 weeks if running the 5on/2off cycle. And no, there's no shutdown. AN coaxes your body to make more of your own test. You'll just return to "normal", whatever that is for you. Normal sux for me btw, LOL

A. I like coming off for a month after a LONG run, and 3 weeks if coming off a shorter run. The only real reason to come off AN IMO is as with all supps, to re-sensitize your body to its effects. It's also helpful in gauging how much of a difference the product is making.

A. As with AN, there's nothing in MPS that would necessitate cycling off - just the aforementioned issue of smart, strategic use. Having said that, I've been "waving" my MPS dosing 2 different ways lately.

Here they are...

WAVE #1

WEEKS 1-3: VERY INTENSE TRAINING

I "load" a bottle of MPS at max dose every day, both training days and off days, with meals.

WEEK 4: DE-LOAD WEEK

I only use MPS on training days. "Off" days I leave it on the shelf.

WAVE #2

1.) Load one bottle at MAX dose every day.
2.) Once that's finished, use a max dose on training days only with the 2nd bottle.

Both work well for me, although the one constant I've noticed is this: If you've been using MPS sparingly for any length of time it's an eye opener when you re-load a bottle at max dose every day.

Point being, that exercise will help you establish the optimal "ceiling" for your MPS dosing. Clearly, for a 300lb man that's going to be more than for a 130lb woman, but it's there.

If you're going to come off entirely for 2 weeks or more just know it's going to suck, LOL - so know that going in. Adjusting your training intensity, volume and frequency will be necessary.

Hope that helps!
DaGymWarrior

Post by DaGymWarrior »

Thanks Rob, EXACTLY the information I was seeking. Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in-depth.

Yes, going off of MPS does suck. Here's to LOADING a bottle!
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

DaGymWarrior wrote:Thanks Rob, EXACTLY the information I was seeking. Once again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in-depth.

Yes, going off of MPS does suck. Here's to LOADING a bottle!
LOL, glad I could help. I'm doing my best.. Re-loading MPS is quite the eye opener. I REALLY pushed it yesterday in the gym: One arm pushups with a 20lb DB behind my back, uneven chins (negatives with added weight) plus 400 bodyweight squats in a shade over 20 minutes as a finisher.

Feel fresh as a daisy this morning... :)