Which Whey?

Serious supplementation, focused on the MASS line at BodyBuildingSupplements.com
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

That's REAL Hershey's Dark Cocoa for you, Aron... and lots of it.

The genuine stuff is extremely dry, and thus attracts water like a sponge. That is where the "clumps" come from when trying to mix it with a spoon.

Now, we could use an artificial chemical chocolate flavoring, or a cheap generic dutch cocoa and skimp on it to get an easier mixing chocolate version.

It would not taste like a fantastic real chocolate chocolate shake, however... and that's a big part of what we're famous for.

Using a shaker bottle is recommended for the Hershey's Chocolate version of MASS PRO, then you'll be good to go.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

askmass wrote:That's REAL Hershey's Dark Cocoa for you, Aron... and lots of it.

The genuine stuff is extremely dry, and thus attracts water like a sponge. That is where the "clumps" come from when trying to mix it with a spoon.

Now, we could use an artificial chemical chocolate flavoring, or a cheap generic dutch cocoa and skimp on it to get an easier mixing chocolate version.

It would not taste like a fantastic real chocolate chocolate shake, however... and that's a big part of what we're famous for.

Using a shaker bottle is recommended for the Hershey's Chocolate version of MASS PRO, then you'll be good to go.
So I can at least be confident that the actual whey is mixed into the milk, and not worry about getting all of the chunks into my mouth? I personally hate the foam that occurs when I shake drinks, so I'll just stick with vanilla once my chocolate is gone since I can easily mix it with a spoon.
nigh70wl

Post by nigh70wl »

I've been using Gaspari Intrapro but plan on getting a much, much cheaper custom mix that's pure whey isolate/concentrate with organic flavoring/sweetener, once I've run out. whey isn't something you have to spend a lot of money on, as long as you are consuming it purely for the AAs and protein content, and you aren't expecting any other goodies, like lactoferrins and so forth.
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

aron7awol wrote:
askmass wrote:That's REAL Hershey's Dark Cocoa for you, Aron... and lots of it.

So I can at least be confident that the actual whey is mixed into the milk, and not worry about getting all of the chunks into my mouth? I personally hate the foam that occurs when I shake drinks, so I'll just stick with vanilla once my chocolate is gone since I can easily mix it with a spoon.

That's cool, Aron.

One mans froth is another mans FOAM!

Smile

Here's a QUICK LITTLE SNACK I make all the time, guys-

Gently blend chocolate MP on low with a frozen banana.

Go for the consistency of sherbert.

Just a few bumps of the blender.

Bet you'll love it!

https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/protein-recipes.html
bompus

Post by bompus »

What do you all think of the following options:

BioNutritional Proto Whey
or
AllMax IsoFlex

I'm trying to find something more affordable than Mass Pro that tastes good. I've been using the IsoFlex lately, but wanted a few options.

Thanks for the opinions :)
askmass
Site Admin

Post by askmass »

I'd suggest you need to think in terms of quality, not quantity of intake, first and foremost.

Taste IS important and wee see it as both an issue of helping customers to enjoy MP and be diet compliant (and a source of pride), but taste alone is far from the real top priority (we and) you need to consider.

Caveat Emptor- https://bodybuildingsupplements.com/cheap-protein-supplement.html

But, back to the original thoughts on quality verses quantity... As just one example of a common occurrence, a local football player was sent to me last year who was using a jug of this "famous" 5 pound corporate chinese whey a week yet his weight room gains were stalled. His strength coach said go get some real protein over at MASS... so, he comes by to see me and said he could not afford two jugs of MP a week to replace the stuff he was getting at GNC... Me being me, I gave him a jug on my tab and said to only use it post workout and let me know how things were going 30 workouts later.

He's gained something like 20 pounds of mass several jugs later, still only using it post workout. He's coming out much cheaper too, with one jug of MP lasting him nearly two months.

MASS PRO is not THE only legit high end protein out there, but it is one of only a handful I'd ingest or allow my own family and friends to consume re the warning linked above.
bompus

Post by bompus »

Good job. Now you have me thinking about Mass Pro again :) I know quality is worth it and completely agree that MP is great quality.. Just does not fit my pocketbook very well right now.
RobRegish

Post by RobRegish »

Here's how I see it: Protein price is skyrocketing EVERYWHERE you look. It's not the supp companies fault, but occurs further downstream. Milk itself is going to $7/gallon soon, at least in the states!

So when I pay for protein, I make sure every penny buys me PROTEIN (not fats, carbs etc.) and I ensure it has the absolute highest BV/NPU where I use EVERY GRAM of it.

I'm not as big on taste as most, but damn MassPro is a treat, which certainly helps compliance.

The biggest factor: I use it SPARINGLY and TIME its use strategically. That latter point (timing) is FAR more important than total grams per day. I found this out when using Synthagen. Recall I dialed total protein intake for the DAY down to 50g at one point? 25g of that was a scoop of Mass Pro immediately post workout. The other 25g came from my first solid food sit down meal, about an hour after the workout.

We all know by now Synthagen lends incredible "punch" to whatever else it is that you're taking. That goes for Mass Pro too, IMO.

Times are tough, but people (especially you guys/gals) are tougher. We do what we have to do. You can still get GREAT results and reap the benefits from a legit, cold processed whey and all that it has to offer.

It's all in the timing. Like Synthagen, use it when and where it'll do you the most good! :)
sfreemanii

Post by sfreemanii »

I like Nitrean+ from At Large Nutrition. It is a blend of cold processed whey and egg protein. I have used it for about 2 years. It is a little expensive but well worth it.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

If I was on a budget id just use 2 scoops mass pro post workout.What ill be doing soon is 2 scoops pre workout mixed into oatmeal(chocolate and vanilla for this purpose are very good) and then 2 scoops post.

On the topic of protein I want to take some sort of casein/egg protein 75/25 ratio before bed.Ive read that casein is not a heat liable protein, that it is an acid liable protein.So in this case if the casein is micellar casein which is not treated with acids but it is with heat is it denatured or not?Thing is I want to be anabolic through the night but I also dont want carbs/fats in my system and mass pro whey is going to digest too fast.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

sfreemanii wrote:I like Nitrean+ from At Large Nutrition. It is a blend of cold processed whey and egg protein. I have used it for about 2 years. It is a little expensive but well worth it.
I checked it and it has cold filtered whey in a blend.Pretty sure thats not the same as cold processed and its been heat treated.The other proteins in the blend have anyway so.

I have seen I think 2 fully cold processed whey proteins.Mass pro and mercolas miracle whey, let me tell you the mass pro isnt badly priced when you compare the same quality stuff.Even check it for yourself.