Convict conditioning clutch flag/half flag?

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
DaCookie

Convict conditioning clutch flag/half flag?

Post by DaCookie »

Tryin to learn this but can only just barely do step one.Im thinking of dropping about another 7lbs before trying it again.I also think a lot of why I find it so hard is I dont have strong forearms, wirsts, or abs.I have the classic irish famine bone structure(tiny ass joints/bones, small waist) and since there is a strong correlation with muscle mass and bone mass it makes sense why its so hard for me to put on lean mass but when I do its more noticeable then say most american genetic builds.I am presuming the bone mass correlates with strength also and that the flag is mainly forearms/wrist strength?

Anyone here can do a clutch/half/full flag and if so what weight, height and bodyfat are you?
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

Where are you in the big six CC movements currently? I haven't tried the flags yet, but I will soon and let you know how it goes.

FWIW, my current recordss in CC are:
12 one-armed pushups (legs spread, not together) on each side
10 one-legged squats on each side
17 handstand pushups
10 uneven pullups on each side
12 full bridges (~3 second hold each)
12 hanging straight leg raises
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

aron7awol wrote:Where are you in the big six CC movements currently? I haven't tried the flags yet, but I will soon and let you know how it goes.

FWIW, my current recordss in CC are:
12 one-armed pushups (legs spread, not together) on each side
10 one-legged squats on each side
17 handstand pushups
10 uneven pullups on each side
12 full bridges (~3 second hold each)
12 hanging straight leg raises
Not very far.Im goin higher than the progression on some exercises cause I didnt start at lvl 1 and for some things the next excercise is real hard.Like I can do the progression lvl for hands close together pullups but can only do about 3 uneven pullups.
15 half one arm pushups legs together
35 uneven squats
15 handstand pushups but with feet against the wall(I have a complete mental block when it comes to doing the stuff on the neck for shoulders or not facing the wall.Any ideas to get my feet up with heels against the wall?
Just doing regular grip pullups right now till I can get better and start gettin at least 5 each arm with the uneven ones.I can do 15 with strict form but only 3 of the uneven ones with real bad form.
35 level 2 bridges
50 level 2 abs
55 calf raises
20 neck preliminaries
Some ab vaccum work(trying to get shredded/six pack right now)

Just realized I should be on level 4 abs.I can do 1 set of 30 of the level 4 so gonna go for the 3 sets of it next workout.I find that especially with the ab work most of it is a mental game rather than a physical one in that 30+ rep range.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

DaCookie wrote:15 handstand pushups but with feet against the wall(I have a complete mental block when it comes to doing the stuff on the neck for shoulders or not facing the wall.Any ideas to get my feet up with heels against the wall?
I'm confused by your description. What exactly are you doing that's different from a normal handstand pushup against the wall?
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

aron7awol wrote:
DaCookie wrote:15 handstand pushups but with feet against the wall(I have a complete mental block when it comes to doing the stuff on the neck for shoulders or not facing the wall.Any ideas to get my feet up with heels against the wall?
I'm confused by your description. What exactly are you doing that's different from a normal handstand pushup against the wall?
Instead of heels against the wall im doing toes against the wall and my head is not fully parallel so im working a lot of chest aswell as shoulders.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

DaCookie wrote:Instead of heels against the wall im doing toes against the wall and my head is not fully parallel so im working a lot of chest aswell as shoulders.
How do you get up that way? Sort of start in a crow stand facing away from the wall and then walk up the wall? Mental block aside, it just seems like it's physically much easier to get up facing the wall and kicking up, and it's worth making yourself do it a few times until you get the hang of it. The first time I tried to kick up into a handstand I came crashing down sideways and broke a lamp. The next time I did it fine and by now it's second nature and effortless. It also helps to have a spotter to help you get your legs all the way up the first few times, if that's an option.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

Just put toes on wall then like climb up the wall with toes.Its like push up position then put my toes on the wall and climb up it.It doesnt seem physically easyier to me I got a real mental block over it.Cant do the just resting on your head thing, cant do crow stands either.I dont have good balance or coordination either but I will try get someone to shove my feet up.Think part of the mental block is that I had a gymnastics accident when I was real young.

What height/weight are you btw.
aron7awol

Post by aron7awol »

You shouldn't be resting on your head at all you should have your arms straightened on the floor a few inches from the wall and when you kick up you just keep your arms straight. The only trick is learning how hard you have to kick up. Having someone there to grab your legs and get them up there the first few times should be enough to get you over your fear. It felt really strange for me at first too.

I'm 6'0" tall and about 175 lbs.
DaCookie

Post by DaCookie »

aron7awol wrote:You shouldn't be resting on your head at all you should have your arms straightened on the floor a few inches from the wall and when you kick up you just keep your arms straight. The only trick is learning how hard you have to kick up. Having someone there to grab your legs and get them up there the first few times should be enough to get you over your fear. It felt really strange for me at first too.

I'm 6'0" tall and about 175 lbs.
Yeah I know I meant about some of the early levels involve going on your head.

Ok Im 6ft about 178lbs but its fluctuating a good bit cause I am carb cycling.So sometimes it can be 184lbs sometimes 178.