Technique to aid in intra-workout recovery

Learn, share, ADVANCE. Bodybuilding, Sports & Endurance Training Tips & Discussion
AxPoZak

Technique to aid in intra-workout recovery

Post by AxPoZak »

Found an interesting article from t-nation, https://www.t-nation.com/free_online_art ... e_recovery

The technique is called a "diverting exercise", and is reported to use the time between sets to aid in recovery (intra-workout). Basically the diverting exercise is paired in jump-set like fashion, and is a VERY light contraction of the muscles opposite to those worked in the primary exercise. The theory is that by pairing with opposite movements, the primary muscle becomes more relaxed and therefor replenishes its energy stores more efficiently.

I gave it a try, with benching as my main lift, and it seemed to help at least a little. Just thought I'd share the idea with anyone interested
matter2003

Post by matter2003 »

Read something similar from a trainer, bodybuilder named Lee Hayward who talked about doing lightweight lateral raises after doing bench presses to "pull" the lactic acid away from the front delts and chest muscles and into the rear delts, which would then allow you to lift heavier and for more reps on the bench press than otherwise would be possible...

haven't tried yet, but certainly seems interesting...